Lasercomb users: what has your experience been with it?

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Lasercomb users: what has your experience been with it?

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:11 pm

The recent Dateline NBC special on hair loss had a guy who used the Lasercomb with pretty good results overall.

I'm wondering if any of you who have used the lasercomb in the past had similar experiences, and if any of you who stopped using it for one reason or another would consider or are using it again now that there is a clear case of one guy who got good results from it.

Regards,
Sam
Last edited by HairLossFight.com on Sat May 14, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kremlin
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by kremlin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:47 am

Yes, i heard about it as well. But it is quite pricey as well.. cost abt $650 in amazon. It seems that it does nothing to the DHT.. which is the main cause of MPB.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:41 am

I have never used the Lasercomb, but on another forum where I post some women are using it. Some of them swear by it. But, even the ones who like it say that it mostly helps them hold onto the hair they've got or makes existing hair look better. A lot of others have bought it and not really liked it, but didn't bother to return it.

I wouldn't buy it until they get FDA approval. I suspect that it won't get approved. I doubt that they are pursuing the trials vigorously anyway. They can sell this device for years with the buzz that it's "under FDA clinical trials".
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:40 am

I may try it out now... given the recent diagnosis I got from my dermatologist I may have to stop using the topicals. I really dread having to stop using them because they have really done a great job in maintaining and regrowing my hair...Lasercomb may be the only option I'll have left in the next little while at least...

sjm
Occasional Poster

Post by sjm » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:36 am

I just joined this forum and I have been using the lasercomb for 7 months. It is working for me. I had no hair in my temple area and now I do. It is very short hair but it is growing, although very slowly. Also some growth on my crown.

My regimen is the following:

Lasercomb 3 times a week for about 20 minutes per session.
Hairstimulator (almost 3 months of use) twice a day 20 minute sessions
Procerin (6 months)
Rogain (15 years, 5% the last couple years)

I believe the lasercomb has been the best product for me. I have heard over and over again that it is too expensive, I think it is the LEAST expensive in the long run, not to mention that it is NOT a drug!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:26 am

Hello sjm and welcome!

Interesting regimen. Although I don't see how Procerin is adding any value to your regimen... If I were you I'd switch that with Revivogen or even Crinagen.

As for your results, are you sure they're from the lasercomb? Congrats on the regrowth and good luck in having even more.

Regards,
Sam

sjm
Occasional Poster

Post by sjm » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:40 am

Oops, I meant to say Propecia (NOT Procerin). And yes, I think the main contributor is the Lasercomb.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:37 pm

So do you recommend it then?

sjm
Occasional Poster

Post by sjm » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:35 am

YES! Like I said I have been using the lasercomb for over 7 months now and I am now seeing good results. It takes a long time for "new" hair to grow. I am hoping in 5 months (a year of usage) that I can say that I have won the battle against hair loss. After saying that, I do NOT expect to have a full head of hair like I had at 17 years old. I am a "young" 52 year old male. I think too many people are looking for a miracle. As of today there is no miracle. If you have realistic goals and are very patient then the lasercomb is for you.

This is my second time using propecia. The first time (3 years or so of use) didn't really help and that is why I know the lasercomb is the difference. I think the combination of the products is really the key. One more thing I should mention is that I use Nisim shampoo. I used to have very oily hair and now it is normal and maybe more on the dry side!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:11 pm

Sam..what topicals can't you use and why? I've read you saying this before but I don't recall seeing what in the topicals is bothering you.

I nearly bought a Comb a couple of years ago. The thing that kept me from doing so was that I just knew I wouldn't take the time to use it- even if it was only 2-3 times a week or however often they recommend.

BTW..check Ebay or email the company about their refurbished units. You'll save some $

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:16 am

At this point in time I don't know for sure if and/or what is bothering me, but I am so worried about the new diagnosis that I want to absolutely rule out that I may be having an allergic reaction. I have ALWAYS had very sensitive skin and have been very prone to allergies... That's why I'm for now temporarily not using topicals...

Interestingly enough, after a few weeks of not using the topicals I have not had any sudden sheds or telogen effluvium.... yet. Fingers crossed.

As for the comb, I am very intrigued and will definitely acquire one soon.

I have so far not had much luck in talking to the representatives of the product at Hairmax. They must be selling tons of units since they don't seem interested in an interview with us.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:34 am

Sam, send Hairmax an email through their website. You should get a response from Sonia. I had some dealings with them when I was looking into getting a LaserComb. I kept asking a lot of questions because I had a weird feeling about the company. After emailing them back and forth for a bit, Michael (i forget his last name...but he's the owner) sent me an email and told me to call him to discuss the product.

I didn't call him though because I just had a bad feeling about the company. I figured it wasn't worth my time to talk to him. I want to believe in the Comb, but I don't.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:00 pm

Also keep in mind there are other "laser combs" out there. The latest was posted in another forum: http://www.laserhaircomb.com/

Sam..have you tried any topicals that look like they shouldn't irritate? Here's Equisomin's list: http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/p ... ynergy.htm

The liposomal SOD etc product I'll post about in a bit would at least be something to use as well. I haven't gotten the entire ingredients list yet though.

James

Post by James » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:59 am

I just wanted to post in this section to say that I have had some success with the Hairmax Lasercomb. I has seen new regrowth in my temples and maybe a slight thickening of my hair overall.

damo
Seasoned Poster

Post by damo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:29 am

People i have bein using the Lasercomb now for a year with really good results.I have had 2 procedures now and find that the areas i didnt get transplanted it grew hair back! Opinons wanted.I would recommend it!

Damo

charis

Using it for 4 months

Post by charis » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:07 am

8) I have been using lasercomb for 4 months now. At the same time i started using revivogen (2 weeks later). During week 4-10 i shed a lot but after the 3rd month the shedding has stopped. To be honest, as a result of this shedding i now look balder than 4 months ago. The existing hair though, look thicker and i can see- especially in the front of my head -new small hairs 0.2mm - 0.5 mm . i hope that all these new hair grow longer. In order to describe my condition, i 'm considering a hair transplant, so i visited a clinic recently, where they told me that i would need 1800 grafts all over the top-more in the crown area-. i want to wait for few more months to see the results of my therapy first and then decide about the transplant. Overall, i'm happy that the hair loss has been minimized and if all the hair i lost the past few months grow again thicker i would be very happy.

damo
Seasoned Poster

Post by damo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 am

Charis im really happy for you.As you said i would wait also and see how the therapy goes first before jumping into a HT.Let me no how things turn out?

Damo

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:51 pm

Charis,

Best of luck with your transplant if you decide to go with it. Damo and others have had great success with theirs.

Keep us posted!!

On another note, to everyone:

I just finally got my hands on a lasercomb and have been using it for a week. Will keep you all posted on my progress with it. Will also do a review with before and after pictures.

Regards,
Sam

damo
Seasoned Poster

Post by damo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:29 am

Sam what do you think fo the lasercomb? I suppose its only ealry days for you.Give it a few months!

Damo

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:16 pm

Damo,

I'm happy with it so far, but too soon to tell if it's actually doing anything. I do feel like the itching and inflammation seem to have gotten a LOT better.

I hope I have as good results as some of the good responders. I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience with it.

charis

5 month update

Post by charis » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:31 am

Ok guys, My last post was a month ago. I have been using lasercomb with revivogen for 5 months now. Hair loss has definitely been minimized. I now only notice 5-15 hairs in my pillow every morning, it used to be more than 30. I believe that I look the same as one month ago. The good thing is that i can still see new tiny hairs growing in the front of my head. I can also see a few hairs of 0.5cm length- a sign that last month's noticable new hairs are growing. I use lasercomb 3 times a week for about 15 minutes and try to use revivogen every night, I skip saturday night lately. I feel that my condition is now stable at least, but i would like to see better results. I try to be patient- that is the most important thing when you are dealing with hair loss, and i'm telling my self that i will stick to my treatment for another 4 months (9 total).

charis

7 month update

Post by charis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:59 pm

I have been using lasercomb with revivogen for 7.5 months now. I use lasercomb 3 times a week and revivogen 6 times a week. In the last month i have added Nizoral 2% shampoo(twice a week) in my regimen. Definitely less hairs are now visible in the pillow and the sink. Hair loss has been definitely slow down. I do not know if I have actually regrown much hair but lately my friends are mentioning that my frontal area has been improved. I still see tiny hairs growing out in the frontal area and for sure i feel tiny hairs on the crown. I did not expect to see much better results, to be honest, but what i have achieved so far is enough to keep me on my treatment for few months more.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:34 pm

Charis, glad you're having good results. I wish I had started using the lasercomb much sooner. I am very happy with it so far.