Welcome Regrowth members!

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Saber28
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Welcome Regrowth members!

Post by Saber28 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 pm

OMG-

I sent you a PM, regarding a possible solution for funding of the site. As an example I included one that I'm a regular poster at. Let me know what you think.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey, Saber28!

I just read it, and that's actually a great idea! I'll pass that on, and we were thinking something in that direction, but we didn't know exactly how to do it -and this might be how!

Thanks!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 pm

I think it's fantastic that the regrowth intellectuals are converging here! That reminds me of a interesting story. I was looking at my Dr. Lee's minoxidil, and I was remembering how I got great results with Promox, but I got even better results with Dr. Lee's Xandrox. Anyway, for starters, any reasonable personal that is just starting to fight their hair loss should go to minoxidil.com to learn about the causes of hair loss, and get completely unbiased suggestions for treatments.
For unbiased suggestions about treatment options for hair loss, please check out www.minoxidil.com.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:02 pm

lol...

By the way, here is the unappreciated Spanky animated gif again. Wait for it, wait for it...

Spanky was the final stray cat we took in from that horrible area, by the way. He wasn't "as stray" as some of the others (some of those others hadn't ever been touched by humans before)... he actually was born at an apartment behind us, and had four brothers/sisters. So, he was raised around people from the beginning. However, the "owners" -that's not a good term, but you get it- didn't really "own" or take care of them, they just put dry food out and let them fend for themselves outside. They didn't spay or neuter them, didn't take them to get their shots in a high FIV/Feline Leukemia area, and just pretty much left them to whatever fate delt.

Well, they were still all happy kitties -because kitties are like that- but Spanky ended up "choosing us". He wouldn't go away! lol... He started spending the night on our front porch and meowing constantly for us to let him in. He did that almost every night. So, we took him in, took him to the vet, and the other "owners" never cared about him. They didn't even notice that one of the cats was obviously just neutered! So, I told them when I saw them that I was going to take care of them him if they didn't want to. When we moved, Spanky moved with us! That was *not* a neighborhood where kitties survive for long, so I'm glad we did it. I wish that we could have taken all of them. We drive past there every once and a while and we don't see any of those kitties anymore -no clue what happened to them.

So, that makes SEVEN cats total that we took with us out of that area, and with our two others... that makes NINE total. lol... At least I'm not like those CRAZY PEOPLE with 10 cats! Yikes... they are looney!
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm

LMAO!!!!

So!! my post over at regrowth got skiboy to confess!! lol!!! but he has to do it with strings attached in a manner of speaking and of course protect ertel..regrowths been down and i've been checking to see if it came back up because i was curious whether or not my post was deleted or replied to...especially what ertel would have responded..in light of everything, with skiboy stoking the flames eretel still continued to be defensive and lay blame on OMG..and now theres just more blabber from skiboy..it's a little late so i'm stopping now..but heres my post from regrowth (i copied and emailed it to myself in case it was deleted and i was banned :twisted: )..of course the info was thanks to OMG..

The Natural i'll respond when i have a bit more time,

heres my regrowth post

BUSTED!!!!!!

i've been following this lil "soap opera" and its all very interesting..ertel i have to admit that you do make a good arguement..but thats out of "one side of your mouth" on the other..lets call it the "skiboy side" you lied..
i've read the thread at hairlossfight.com and i dont find anything thats so terrible that you would have to feel compelled to ban OMG..

all the name calling cursing etc that were suppose to be in a thread here..cant find that either..

then..to make matters worse you LIE TO THE WHOLE #$%!' FORUM???!!!

not only do you lie, but you assume everyone here is an imbecile...i shouldve known..for the most part you answer each question or accusation quite thoroughly..BUT when you were asked by just me123 (i think).."John are you skiboy?"..that you never answered..

i guess it could be argued that the truth is you're not..but that would be "clintonish" (piece of %&$! liberal)..because actually you're not skiboy..but looky here at what was found.....

"independent" confirmation. Skiboy is a guy named Scott Hoffman that lives in South Florida, and he's John Ertel's partner at Regrowth now.

Ertel denied that he or Regrowth had anything to do with Skiboy, and said that OMG"S baseless accusations (or "tirade", I think he put it) about this is the reason OMG is no longer welcome there. So, that was a lie -as is most of the garbage he's trying to put there.

So lets sum it up one more time for people to see. THIS is what Ertel and Scott -in the persona of Skiboy- said about us:

I have been following Regrowth and a few other hairloss sites for years,I just signed on as a member the other day for the forums because I wanted to put in my 2 cents. This site has great forums but definitely has some outdated content. I have to say, this soap opera is very entertaining. This OMG guy and all his buddies (which all may be OMG) posting on here and crying like babies is a joke. Get a life. BTW, I have a Hairmax Laser comb and I also take Propecia. I am growing hair. [Note: SPONSERS OF THE SITE, DUH!] Lets stick to hairloss info for each other! I have a feeling OMG is just pissed cause he can't tout his laser products freely now. Pretty freakin obvious. Moderator shmoderator, who the heck cares who does it, just weed out the crap. These cats were not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. THEY ARE TOUTING THEIR LASERS!!!! John Ertel,why are you defending yourself, spend time on new hairloss content not on these fools. Your site was around for many years before them and will be here many years after they go.

YEP!!! we should definitely trust you to keep out shills and the undesirables...that alone is proof enough of the true cause of your getting rid of him as a mod...

i wonder how long before the banned shills will be back and just how soon there will be a scalpure add up...

you know what? maybe you could get sandman back he was a great product promoter...

btw OMG started out with an idea here..and then it turned into a business for him and even that came about because people WANTED him to build them a helmet..big difference from being an established company and posing as a member

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 pm

Thanks OMG

And yeah, I noticed Spanky in the animated gif. You can tell Spanky has a lot of personality and was just looking at the syringe going WTF is he doing, lol. I love pure black cats. I use to own a pure white one when I was a kid.

And that's awesome how you rescued all those strays!!!

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:47 am

omg i bet them cakes did not last long i think if you send to uk they might be stale by the time i got them ha ha ha ha,i wish we could get a company to make us some ru58841 what do you think or is it the stibility thing,i think that elite pharmacy said if they got enough of us interested they might think of making some,but then theres the price thing,chore did you ever try pantostin or ell cranell as in germany they say a lot of men and women use it.
What are you using now omg and chore and where is nid i know anx is here.
The pictures look good for regenscalp and for that la labs shampoo and serum,has anyone heard or tried telostatin? :lol:

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:49 am

me thinks om just got out of that garden chair in the nick of time hahaha :-" a thought they wer'nt exploding cakes were they? great dog omg \:D/

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 am

i also got banned because ertel must got angry when i asked him which one of you, is skiboi, is it u or scott, so he bans me for something which has now proven to be true.

im not upset by this, im happy not to go back there, but i could have done without the threatening message about it being a felony to go back there now im banned.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:52 am

Anxious1 wrote:i also got banned because ertel must got angry when i asked him which one of you, is skiboi, is it u or scott, so he bans me for something which has now proven to be true.

im not upset by this, im happy not to go back there, but i could have done without the threatening message about it being a felony to go back there now im banned.

WOAH! You got banned, too, just for that??

Here's the thing... I didn't get banned until my post here: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... rt=0#p7481 ...about saying that Ertel (meaning the "Regrowth Ownership") was the one that created the skiboy account!

Me calling Ertel a little whiny bitch, etc. came later -after the ban, not before. In fact, me doing anything else came later... I did nothing else, and what I did originally proved to be RIGHT -and they knew it at the time they were denying it.

So, here is my "third person" question/statement to Team Skiboy.com (Ertel/Hoffman/Gou'ald) from the community...
The 'COMMUNITY' wrote:Ertel, you said you didn't create the SkiBoy account, but you and your partner were indeed behind it -which has now been admitted to so don't snake around it. You said you banned OMG because he "falsely accused" you of all of this (we have those quotes) -and don't lie anymore, there wasn't anything he said or did other than nailing you for Skiboy at the time to merit any form of banning, and he never even posted at Regrowth in that time period. So, John Ertel, we are assuming now that all previous bans that happened because of you lying to us are going to be lifted, right -including OMG and Anxious1?

...And, what was the reason then for banning them -if wasn't about money- since you KNEW at the time that your stated reason for banning them was a lie?

Finally, we see what you are doing. All criticisms about your "SITE" have been met with responses about "OMG". Every single one. The community mentions "we don't want shills", and you somehow turn it into "OMG's attempt to suppress alternative treatments".
We see what you did there. Anyone mentions ANYTHING negative about the site -which has to do with the "COMMUNITY"- and you respond with something about "OMG". You're trying to use OMG as a scapegoat, you're trying to minimize damage by turning into something about one person, and a deflector to the main issue.
There you go... it sounds better in third person! lol...

Who knows, maybe he's just trying to destroy me because I have two emails that show not only his astounding ignorance on everything that made his site great -from us nailing outright shills all the way to LLLT- but it also shows his BACKWARDS THINKING about site sponsors and financial motivations. Maybe he's afraid that somehow those will be posted for all to see.

Crap, it's probably something Team Skiboy.com would do -I base that on everything I just wrote up above- so what is stopping me?!

"CLASS". That's what is stopping me, and it's something they don't have. So, f*ck you, Team Skiboy.com (Ertel/Hoffman/Goa'uld) for all of your outright lies and distortions, and especially for banning Anxious1, too.

Right here, buddy. [Guess where I'm pointing.]

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 am

Oh, and THANK YOU CLD517!!!

lol... Yes, you're the one that got him to confess! That was AMAZING! Man, they would have been so much better off not having admitted that! They are trying to turn everything about me (I should just say "OMG"), and it makes it more difficult when they have confessed to everything that I nailed them on in the first place. They are the one's that "started it", and I can't help it if it's a special gift from god that I can thoroughly annihilate someone.

It's NOT about "me", it's about "Team Skiboy.com (Ertel/Hoffman/Goa'uld) lying to all of us". I hope you guys help to keep others from falling for it.

Oh, and yeah... the "Clinton-esque spin" doesn't hold up! I'm sorry, if you deny posting something when it was your partner doing it -and he was using the words you gave him- then it's still you posting. This is not a flawed "legal system" here, this is reality!

Touting my lasers,
-O.M.G.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:54 am

OMG you're quite welcome!!!! it was 110..no make 210% my pleasure..that site is still down so i dont know if i've been banned yet or anything about the thread i created..but if i am banned and it was deleted i will be reposting it from elsewhere..library etc..you know what i mean..i think i'll include what you just recently posted as well and see the response..after all whats right is right.. no bans for anybody involved..(like i care if i was :lol: )

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:01 am

when is the new site changes taking place.
Last edited by doke on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CobaltBlue
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by CobaltBlue » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am

Just a hello to everyone to everyone out there. I didn't post much on regrowth, but was a daily visitor to the site. Looks like I'll be coming here from now on. Wow... a forum with features that work, too!

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:12 pm

just curious why are gou'alds posts just an... = sign

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm

cld517 wrote:just curious why are gou'alds posts just an... = sign
Because he's a part of "Team Ertel", and the ONLY THING THAT MAKES ANY SENSE is that he sold us out for money -which just astounds me. Maybe that's not true, maybe I'm wrong, but it just doesn't make sense to me at all. Either he never "loved me like a brother" like he said during the past year and a half I've talked to him, or he changed instantly. Either way, it doesn't make sense and it really hurts me. A few strong words from him about how what was going on was OBVIOUSLY WRONG would have gone a long way -instead I got "radio silence", heard that he was supporting Ertel, confronted him about it and he gave me a B.S. answer that WAS supporting Ertel, and he deleted his posts here.

I keep thinking to myself that maybe he's on the verge of finacial ruin or something and he's been put in the position where he HAS TO DO IT, and he's crying himself asleep at night for screwing us all over -but I think based on the fact that I would give him the shirt of my back and he knows it, I don't think so. He simply sold us out, and that's the only thing I can think of. If that isn't true, he can come on and defend himself at any time -and we can all listen to how he can possibly validate and rationalize this decision with himself. This is hearsay, but I've even heard that Ertel is flying over to meet with him at some point. Well, I'm no genius, but I'm assuming this would be to further solidify a strategy for damage control because I just don't see any other REAL REASON why that expense would be necessary or even justified. They aren't pals.

But don't worry... I have his posts saved with his "pre-money" view if we ever need them. Perhaps you could argue they need to be a part of Team Ertel's forced reminders that are going to be hounding them for a long time, and perhaps you could argue they need to be in one of our auto-signatures... but he was a friend that I've been through A LOT with so I'm going to withhold any further embarrassment at this time, and I don't want to affect his monetary situation.

Anyway, I'm sure Ertel will spin my comments like "That evil OMG is even lying about Goa'uld now" or whatever because he's a dick like that, and trivialize this so it's just a part of the same web of BS that he started to begin with. That's typical, though, and I frankly don't give a damn about what he says. I do give a damn about losing a close friend. That hurts.

I do wish him the best, though, but there are some things that I just can't relate to under any stretch of the imagination. All I know is that I would have risked my livelihood to stand up for him. I'm sure he knows that, too.

-John (O.M.G.)
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

yep! ertel himself posted that he would be "meeting with him" and stated that it wouldnt be easy considering he's "half a continent away"..this was in one of his "defense" threads..impying "hey look at me!! i'm a nice guy..omg over reacted and lost out on being a moderator on his own..i'm going to meet with gou'ald"..not exact words but thats the jist of it

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:47 pm

CobaltBlue wrote:Just a hello to everyone to everyone out there. I didn't post much on regrowth, but was a daily visitor to the site. Looks like I'll be coming here from now on. Wow... a forum with features that work, too!
Hey, CobaltBlue!

That is one of my TOP TEN FAVORITE FORUM NAMES, by the way! It reminds me of the waters of the Carribean!

Don't worry about not posting much... this is reminescent of that junky forum's massive "Crash of 2006" that knocked almost everyone back down to ZERO again! lol... I ended up with 6638 since that crash before my career was ended, but I, however, am not too confident of the future of those 6638 posts -you know, those posts that were designed to further my agenda and my bank account- now that I don't fit into their "marketing network". Hey, they banned me for no reason, lied about the reason, was busted on it, later admitted it, all of this while continuing to lay down this continually evolving conspiracy about my motivations in a way that someone like Sandman would! For god sakes... look at my SIGNATURE! lol... That's coming directly from ERTEL!!!

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me that the remove ALL MY POSTS, just like the put a block on anything -post or address- that has "overmachogrande.com" written in it. Now why do you think they'd do that, hmmmmmm? Gotta push those hairmax laser combs and X5's, baby! Get 'em out the door!

lol... Well, as long as they have a plan, I suppose!

Anyway, I'm glad to see you here, and as sure as my name is OverMachoGrande, I will *prove* that this will be the place to post in the near future.

-O.M.G.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

cld517 wrote:yep! ertel himself posted that he would be "meeting with him" and stated that it wouldnt be easy considering he's "half a continent away"..this was in one of his "defense" threads..impying "hey look at me!! i'm a nice guy..omg over reacted and lost out on being a moderator on his own..i'm going to meet with gou'ald"..not exact words but thats the jist of it
lol... Yeah, he's a real classy guy, that John Ertel. Once again, just look at my signature! If you're reading this, SCREW YOU, Ertel. Stop putting the "cart before the horse", fess up you not only started this -but CONTRIVED all of this, and kept exacerbating this, stop lying about my motivations, and, oh, but please keep using that STELLAR JUDGEMENT of yours -you know, like chosing that really impactful moderator and groundbreaking forum contributor that you did to handle the damage control. Yeah, Good luck with all of that.

As far as Eric/Goa'uld, all I can say is I'm not sure how someone that I was close enough with to invite to my wedding could look at the quote in that signature, realize that his new boss is behind it, and not stand up in an sort of way at all -all over, what... a thousand bucks a month? A tiny percentage of ad revenue? POWER?! R E S P E C T?? -or even worse, and he's not getting paid at all, FOR FREE. Amazing. I "missed" with that one, guys, and I'm sorry that I exposed all of you to that, because without me erroneously involving him in our community struggles for the past year, he wouldn't have been really any more than a casual mention for any of us.

Again, I'm sure Ertel will spin this like "That evil OMG is even lying about Goa'uld now", or even impersonalize it even more to "That evil OMG is lying about our moderator now", but whatever... Ertel's quite inconsequential to our lives now, and just because he says something doesn't mean anyone will respect him. I have no problem presenting all the facts and having people make up their own minds about him, me, this whole situation, etc., and I'd "debate" them about it anytime/anyplace -and none of this is anything that they'd do. So, f*ck Ertel, but this Eric thing kills me -literally one of those "pain in the heart" type of hurts.

Oh well, I do wish Eric the best. He's fully free to come here and give his side... as long as he understands the potential of what could happen when he does.

UGH. He did say that he'd make sure that people interested in laser helmets would get sent my way -which is totally, really, truly, deeply, honestly all that matters here, right?! It's "just about business", right, and he's going to take care of the IMPORTANT STUFF, right?? Yeah, thanks. Thanks for thinking that even for a SECOND I would think that this is what it's about. Thanks for nothing. What a f*cking compliment.
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm

OH MY GOSH! lol... I'm sitting at Starbucks trying to catch up on my email -like I've been doing for the past TWO DAYS- and the Laser Babe just sent me this from the house!!!

That's freaking hilarious! Dude... all those cats cause so much damn trouble! HA HA HA! PUNKS, the lot of them!

Saber28
Regular Poster

Post by Saber28 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Laser helmet question regarding Joules.

It's been almost 4 months since I started my 204 diode helmet. (August 1st will be 4 months). I've never really gotten sore, and very rarely do I feel a slight head pump after the 20 minutes are finished. I think I may know why. Tonight I just did an efficiency test on the helmet, well I should say the power supply. When I first power the helmet up I'm at 3.71 volts. Not bad I thought since they require 3.3 volts. After 5 minutes the voltage drops to 3.2, and after 15 minutes it drops to 3.1, and after 20 minutes it's still at 3.1.

Wouldn't this voltage drop attribute to less joules being absorbed by the scalp? Could this be the reason I'm not getting the results that I am wanting? Granted my hair is thicker, and even the person who cuts my hair has said is growing faster, I'm just not getting any regrowth in the temples or the crown.

Should I focus on converting a PC power supply to power my helmet with a constant 5v, and virtually unlimited (as far as laser diodes are concerned) amps?

Any suggestions are helpful, or if anyone else has run into a similar situation.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:50 pm

assuming now that all previous bans that happened because of you lying to us are going to be lifted, right -including OMG and Anxious1?
thanx for that, i really appreaciate it, although dont think it means that much to me, i mean i should be unbanned just out of principle, and i do want to see how that site turns out , purely out of curiousity, but i dont want to be a part of it.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Saber28 wrote:Laser helmet question regarding Joules.

It's been almost 4 months since I started my 204 diode helmet. (August 1st will be 4 months). I've never really gotten sore, and very rarely do I feel a slight head pump after the 20 minutes are finished. I think I may know why. Tonight I just did an efficiency test on the helmet, well I should say the power supply. When I first power the helmet up I'm at 3.71 volts. Not bad I thought since they require 3.3 volts. After 5 minutes the voltage drops to 3.2, and after 15 minutes it drops to 3.1, and after 20 minutes it's still at 3.1.

Wouldn't this voltage drop attribute to less joules being absorbed by the scalp? Could this be the reason I'm not getting the results that I am wanting? Granted my hair is thicker, and even the person who cuts my hair has said is growing faster, I'm just not getting any regrowth in the temples or the crown.

Should I focus on converting a PC power supply to power my helmet with a constant 5v, and virtually unlimited (as far as laser diodes are concerned) amps?

Any suggestions are helpful, or if anyone else has run into a similar situation.

Hey man, I can't remember... did you use the thicker wire? At least 18 gauge on the level one's, 16 on the level twos, and 14 on the level three's? I don't have the luxury to go back and check you old posts! lol...

Saber28
Regular Poster

Post by Saber28 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:09 pm

OverMachoGrande wrote:
Saber28 wrote:Laser helmet question regarding Joules.

Hey man, I can't remember... did you use the thicker wire? At least 18 gauge on the level one's, 16 on the level twos, and 14 on the level three's? I don't have the luxury to go back and check you old posts! lol...

Understandable given the recent situation that has transpired over at regrowth. I didn't break it down into levels. I used 12 guage wire through out, in groups of 6 daisy chained to one another. I forgot to mention that the volt reading was the power getting to the helmet before being dispersed to the lasers.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Ok, cool! Can you take off the wirenuts on a cluster -or just shove the metal prongs up under it- and see what the readings are at the diodes? The helmets that I wire lose a lot of juice from the the end of the helmet cord to the diodes. Literally... it'll lose over half a volt sometimes. I've honestly started just MAXING OUT the little voltage adjustor knob on the far right (fully clockwise) and it makes it so the diodes are ensured to have enough juice. I'll usually end up with 3.5 or so at the cluster.

Also, one last dumb question... I checked all of our old emails and I didn't see anything about the power supply -can you tell me what the volts and amps are? Also, how long is your helmet cord?

I know we've covered this in the other forum, but obviously I don't have that info anymore! lol...

I just want to cover the bases again before we start really tearing into this.

-O.M.G.

Saber28
Regular Poster

Post by Saber28 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 pm

I didn't check right at the diodes. I'll do that tomorrow (If i can find time), the cord is 10ft in length. The power supply that I use is this one here: http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/rs-35-3.3.shtml

I basically took a 10ft power cable from wal-mart, cut it in half so that it plugs into the female end (which leads to the power supply) using the male end, which is hooked up to the helmet. I've cranked that power supply up as far as it will go, and as the diodes get hot they lose their efficiency and the waste product is heat and higher resistance, the bane of all electronics. So I figured I could do the computer power supply unit convert that over to a 5v 30 amp power supply, and hopefully buy more diodes. As of now I have a cluster of 50 covering one temple a cluster of 50 covering the other temple, and about 100 covering the crown. I would like to get full coverage obviously, but need to get the funds together to purchase more diodes. Which is the hard part.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 am

Saber28...

Sorry, man! I crashed last night! Yeah, maybe your problem is totally the power supply. Maybe it's the power supply that's heating up thats causing the reduction of power. I think you should try to go with the ATX. The one you are using should handle 233 diodes or MORE, but I don't know... maybe it just doesn't have it "under the hood".

That's really all I can suggest! The power suppiles that AiXiZ has now are GREAT, though, so you may want to consider that. They have 3.3 volt/20 amp ones, and when I turn the voltage knob all the way up, I get about 3.6 - 3.7 volts AT THE CLUSTER -with 300 diodes! It drops down to about 3.4 - 3.5 with 400.

An ATX would probably be better, but if you want to take the easy route... there it is! Anyway, let me know what you find out about the cluster voltage. Something tells me you might be down in the 2's...
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saber28
Regular Poster

Post by Saber28 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:10 am

You're probably right. Hopefully I can break away and do another test tonight. Start it 0 minutes, and go to 20 minutes, and see if the voltage drops, and if it does drop into the 2v range then I've got a problem.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 am

Saber28 wrote:You're probably right. Hopefully I can break away and do another test tonight. Start it 0 minutes, and go to 20 minutes, and see if the voltage drops, and if it does drop into the 2v range then I've got a problem.
I think that's what you should do. Your voltage may even be STARTING OFF in the 2v range. Oh, I removed the part of my last post that made me sound like a shill! lol...

Anyway, let me know, and the ATX's are probably the best because of the fan, etc., that keeps everything running a little more evenly. They are just a pain in the ass to modify on a large scale (plus supply issues) which is why I don't have them for my helmets.

-O.M.G.

t5aylor
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Areata

Post by t5aylor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 am

sure would be nice to have one of them fancy laser devices

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am

well i reposted my "busted " thread and now just a little bit later when you click on it this message comes up..OMG, you'd know..what does it mean?

The FORUMID argument passed to the IsModerator function is not of type numeric. If the component name is specified as a type of this argument, its possible that a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible.
The error occurred on line 157.

An automated message has been sent to the website regarding this error.
No further action is necessary on your part. Thank you

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:59 am

lmfao!!!! now it was deleted but zix made a post in it..btw..i'm putting it back..hmmmm..just went to put it back and you know what i'm getting the same message from above

Zixcreator
Regrowth.com Member

[ Ignore ] I don't particularly care for any attacks on OMG's character and reputation from anybody. People were saying he's using multiple I.D.'s. That I don't believe. I've known him for a few years now and he's a staight shooter. He spent literally thousands of hours helping people for FREE before he ever started selling helmets.
We need more people on all the forums like OMG! The man literally figured out how anyone can make their own medical quality laser helmet for a fraction of what a commercial company would charge.

I hope the moderator will allow this thread so we can finish this up once and for all. Leave OMG alone. He's one of the good guys.

Last Edited On Jul-29-2009 at 1:50 PM.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 am

the truth really hurts..now my second thread has been deleted and the 1st blocked..wish i knew how to get around that..

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am

i put it in every thread over there...

and now...

You have been banned from this site. Further attempts to access this site will result in contacting your Internet Provider as well as possibly the police. Entry to any unauthorized system is a FELONY. You are no longer authorized to access this site. Your visitation of this page has been logged to show that you have seen this message and are knowingly attempting to access this site illegally.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 am

Maybe you've been in this situation... your buddy is dating a super hot chick. The super hot chick has a fat, ugly friend. Whenever you go out with your buddy and his girlfriend, you are always stuck hanging around with the fat ugly chick -and you are HORRIFIED that when you show up in public places, people are going to think you are dating her.

Regrowth is like the fat, ugly chick.

Or even better... you find out that the fat, ugly chick is telling people that she thinks *YOU* are gross, she is telling people YOU like *HER*, and SHE is not interested in *YOU*.

That's what I feel like here -we all should- and Regrowth is like that fat, ugly chick.

Regrowth: FAIL.

Thank you 517! That's amazingly noble. You and I don't even have any sort of offline relationship, and for you to be able to see through this garbage and be legitmately disturbed by it means the world to me. I am forever in your debt!

-O.M.G.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 am

FAIL.

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Oh, Ill just leave this here...

I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm surprised I don't see advertisements for vaginal itch cream in this thread because you guys honestly sound like a bunch of females... let it go! Who #$%!' cares about them or lame-ass skiboy? Gou'ald obviously thought the grass was greener... it is what it is... move on. I personally don't give a %&$! about anything other than growing some hair and the more time people spend worrying about these dudes is less time that could be spent researching something productive for our cause. Stop shaking the bottle and let the cream rise to the top, homeys.
Last edited by chore boy on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Hey, you're talking to a BUNCH OF FELONS, chore boy... you'd better watch it!

But seriously... I think that was supposed to be "inspiration" from you, so I'll take it that way! lol... Hey, we can mock idiots, and we are certainly keeping it in this thread. That's not a crime, and frankly... the "fat chick" analogy is dead on the money. Anyone that has been in that situation knows what I'm talkin' about.

This thread is FUN -PERIOD. ...And those are hilarious, STUMP! LMAO...

-John (O.M.G.)

Saber28
Regular Poster

Post by Saber28 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

OMG-

Ok ran another test and took the readings right at the diodes. 0 minutes reading was 3.76 volts. 5 minutes drops down to 3.4 volts, and after 10 minutes drops to 3.1 volts. Now it fluctuates between 3.1 and 3.0 volts depending on side. Right side of helmet (If you're wearing it) is 3.0 volts, the left side is 3.1. The crown is also at 3.1volts.

Still think it would be worth while to upgrade the power supply?

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

OMG: "Well, I got the "independent" confirmation I needed. Skiboy is a guy named Scott Hoffman that lives in South Florida.."

Man was that a joke ? Is it seriously possible for anyone to just do some researching or whatever and find my name and where I live ? Im %&$! my pants here :lol:

HAHAh loved how that word got sensured ! :D

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm

In the first picture, where shes trying to dance (or having an epileptic fit, no offense intended), u see that guy in the background leaning away from her, with a horrified look on his face?, well thats me. lol

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:24 pm

once again OMG..the pleasure is all mine..you're a good guy in a field filled with deception..

chore..the thing that bothers me is 1..OMG being slandered 2. censorship 3. the lies perpertrated by ertel/hoffman

AND the fact that what i reposted was almost immediately blocked...i had even stated that "i am reposting this because after i originally made this thread the site went down"
i then after that was blocked i started a new thread titled "why" which was as follows

"why is my thread being deleted? its not offensive it just has the truth in it and raises good questions..questions that members here should be made aware of...so here it is again."

and below that i reposted my original thread (which you can find from one of my posts above)..that thread was immediately deleted..now that tells that when i had originally made that post which was on the evening the site went down, it wasnt a coincidence..THEY SHUT THE SITE DOWN..

anyhow..after my "why" thread and my other thread were made inaccessible i posted in every single thread on the front page starting with

"i'm sorry to pollute this thread but my original thread has been blocked, my follow up thread has been deleted"

followed by my original thread and i added to it

AND>>>>>>

The 'COMMUNITY' wrote: Ertel, you said you didn't create the SkiBoy account, but you and your partner were indeed behind it -which has now been admitted to so don't snake around it. You said you banned OMG because he "falsely accused" you of all of this (we have those quotes) -and don't lie anymore, there wasn't anything he said or did other than nailing you for Skiboy at the time to merit any form of banning, and he never even posted at Regrowth in that time period. So, John Ertel, we are assuming now that all previous bans that happened because of you lying to us are going to be lifted, right -including OMG and Anxious1?

after that i was banned..so nobody was allow to view it from the get..nobody was allowed to respond..i offered explanation for my postings and repostings..

nobody (ertel/hoffman) tried to PM me or even offer any lame excuses..so all this really pisses me off because they are being deceptive and most people are in the dark over there as far as what kind of people run the site..

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 pm

btw i swas able to view the site (yep right from own computer..LOSERS) and all those posts are gone..the only thing that remians is a blocked "view" of my 1st thread

Dobika
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers, toco8, scalp exercises, diet, exercise, nioxin

Post by Dobika » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Hey Dudes!!!! I don't post a lot but am always on reading and learning. I've missed all of you and all the great information.

You're the best of the best. What the heck happened?

Anyhow, I'm still lasering. I haven't had a lot of regrowth yet but I'm definitely not losing anymore. I'm also trying toco. If nothing else, it may lower my cholesterol.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Welcome dobika! Different(better) site, same nice community.

Unfortunately the owner of Regrowth went nuts. He privately slapped OMG around and then painted this nice public picture that he is the good guy.

Good to see you have your loss under control. How long has it been since you started?

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:41 pm

hey dobika..just read through the thread and you'll findout...btw if you dont mind most likely getting banned from over there maybe you could post this...or something along those lines and ask for explanation...forgive me for being a bit nervy & you're in no way obligated to do so but i think it would be interesting to hear what line of %&$! they would try to feed you...as well as how those who findout that he lied to everybody would react

btw.. feel free to edit if you choose to post so long as the original idea is maintained...

i've been following this lil "soap opera" and its all very interesting..ertel i have to admit that you do make a good arguement..but thats out of "one side of your mouth" on the other..lets call it the "skiboy side" you lied.. i've read the thread at hairlossfight.com and i dont find anything thats so terrible that you would have to feel compelled to ban OMG..

all the name calling cursing etc that were suppose to be in a thread here..cant find that either..

then..to make matters worse you LIE TO THE WHOLE #$%!' FORUM???!!!

not only do you lie, but you assume everyone here is an imbecile...i shouldve known..for the most part you answer each question or accusation quite thoroughly..BUT when you were asked by just me123 (i think).."John are you skiboy?"..that you never answered..

i guess it could be argued that the truth is you're not..but that would be "clintonish" (piece of %&$! liberal)..because actually you're not skiboy..but looky here at what was found.....

"independent" confirmation. Skiboy is a guy named Scott Hoffman that lives in South Florida, and he's John Ertel's partner at Regrowth now.

Ertel denied that he or Regrowth had anything to do with Skiboy, and said that OMG"S baseless accusations (or "tirade", I think he put it) about this is the reason OMG is no longer welcome there. So, that was a lie -as is most of the garbage he's trying to put there.

So lets sum it up one more time for people to see. THIS is what Ertel and Scott -in the persona of Skiboy- said about us:

I have been following Regrowth and a few other hairloss sites for years,I just signed on as a member the other day for the forums because I wanted to put in my 2 cents. This site has great forums but definitely has some outdated content. I have to say, this soap opera is very entertaining. This OMG guy and all his buddies (which all may be OMG) posting on here and crying like babies is a joke. Get a life. BTW, I have a Hairmax Laser comb and I also take Propecia. I am growing hair. [Note: SPONSERS OF THE SITE, DUH!] Lets stick to hairloss info for each other! I have a feeling OMG is just pissed cause he can't tout his laser products freely now. Pretty freakin obvious. Moderator shmoderator, who the heck cares who does it, just weed out the crap. These cats were not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. THEY ARE TOUTING THEIR LASERS!!!! John Ertel,why are you defending yourself, spend time on new hairloss content not on these fools. Your site was around for many years before them and will be here many years after they go.

YEP!!! we should definitely trust you to keep out shills and the undesirables...that alone is proof enough of the true cause of your getting rid of him as a mod...

i wonder how long before the banned shills will be back and just how soon there will be a scalpure add up...

you know what? maybe you could get sandman back he was a great product promoter...

btw OMG started out with an idea here..and then it turned into a business for him and even that came about because people WANTED him to build them a helmet..big difference from being an established company and posing as a member

AND>>>>>>

The 'COMMUNITY' wrote: Ertel, you said you didn't create the SkiBoy account, but you and your partner were indeed behind it -which has now been admitted to so don't snake around it. You said you banned OMG because he "falsely accused" you of all of this (we have those quotes) -and don't lie anymore, there wasn't anything he said or did other than nailing you for Skiboy at the time to merit any form of banning, and he never even posted at Regrowth in that time period. So, John Ertel, we are assuming now that all previous bans that happened because of you lying to us are going to be lifted, right -including OMG and Anxious1?

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:45 pm

lmao!!! nice summation hapman

The Natural
Occasional Poster

Post by The Natural » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 pm

How is your behavior now helping matters?

OMG,

It is one thing to get yourself banned, quite another to encourage others to do so. It's irresponsible, and rooted in self-pride.
The Natural Internal Regimen:

curcumin
resveratrol
vitamin D (3)
vitamin E (tocotrienols)
vitamin C
magnesium citrate
MSM