mixing fin. and dutas.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

turtle
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 1mg fin. 6x a week .5 mg dutas. 1x a week nizoral shampoo

mixing fin. and dutas.

Post by turtle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:37 pm

i was just wondering if anyone has ever alternated fin and dutas doses like day to day or week to week..etc and any opinions on what that would do... if it would be good, bad or pointless?

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: mixing fin. and dutas.

Post by perga » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 am

IMO going insane on internal 5AR inhibitors isn't going to do anything but make your dong limp. I think a reasonable dosage internal 5AR inhibitor and topicals are a much better idea.

turtle

Post by turtle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm

well.... i'm totally doing it.... i am taking finpecia mon-wed-fri.... and sunday i take a dutas. i will monthly report on this..... i changed my regimen to that and nizoral 1% every other day....and use apple poly topical once to 2x a day as part of my own big 3 ....i have a diffuse thinning hair loss which sucks super-hard and is gross looking... i hate my #$%! hair!! :-({|=

turtle

Post by turtle » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:42 pm

ok.... 5 weeks in... my shedding= no where near the level it was ... i have been doing hair pull tests the past couple days=nothing to 2 or 3 hairs as apposed to 5 to 10+ before hand. No regrowth obviously... but i am so happy about the shedding. i still have the irritating itch/burn in my thinner spots which is pissing me off... i am leaving my nizoral on for at least 5 mins before rinsing... i want to find a topical(non-minox) as i did not like the apple poly...and that's about it. Any suggestions...encouragement....."fighting words".... let me hear it