Question about scalp cleaniness

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Dod
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Question about scalp cleaniness

Post by Dod » Fri May 26, 2006 8:10 am

To fellow hair loss sufferers,

Recently I've noticed an increased in hair loss, and i was wondering if it has anything to do with the amount i shampoo my hair. Recently i wash my hair less often with shampoo (just wash under running water), and on a regular basis use creams and gels to stylise my hair. I will also be applying my xandrox solutions twice a day X5 and X15. However im not sure that if my scalp isnt totally clean then the hair loss products wont be absorbed so well ? Is is necessary to have a completely shampoo washed scalp before applying the solutions ?

Also is it necessary to rub the hair loss products into the scalp ?

Regimen X5 and X15
Cheers,
Dod

James

Post by James » Fri May 26, 2006 1:25 pm

From personal experience I know that if I used gels or creams during the day and then wash my hair, I will see more hair loss in the shower. Is this what you are talking about?

If that is what you are experiencing then it could be from the products keeping hair that you would normally shed, on your head. When you then wash your hair, it all comes out at once instead of throughout the day. Remember that it is normal to shed hairs.

I would personally recommend applying topicals to a clean scalp. I think that absorption is enhanced that way. The hair styling products could interfere with absorption if there is a lot of it on the scalp. Having said that, it is possible to apply minox to a scalp that has gel on the hair only and not on the scalp.

KC
Occasional Poster

Post by KC » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:20 am

By not washing your hair everyday, you are allowing oil, dht and perspriation to accumulate on the scalp. Non of which are good. I agree with James, that gels hold the hair in place, where it would have normally shed with out you noticing. I suggest people shampoo twice a day to remove excess dirt and oil from the scalp. I then suggest they apply a small amount of anti androgen shampoo to a clean damp scalp at night, massage in and leave in over night. If the follicle is comprimised, the hair will most likely not mature to terminal and fall out.

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:12 am

What anti-androgen shampoo are you talking about?

KC
Occasional Poster

Murad Thinning Products

Post by KC » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:58 am

Currently I'm using Murad Thinning products. They have antiandrogen properties in their shampoo that help remove dht,oil and dirt from the surfacre of the scalp.

familyguy
Regular Poster

Post by familyguy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Since I started experiencing hair loss I noticed that not using products as much in my hair has had beneficial effect on my treatment. For now I don't use any gels or sprays in my hair and let it naturally work itself around which looks OK, but I think it's better than dealing with less than satisfactory effects from my treatments right? In terms of good cleaning shampoos I'd like to recommend Revivogen. I have been using for about 3 months and it has definitely had positive effects. Hairs are coming in thicker and healthier and my scalp feels much less itchy and oily. Don't think it regrows hair but it creates a very nice environment for new hairs to come to from other treatments...

KC
Occasional Poster

Styling Aids for thinning hair.

Post by KC » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:09 am

Most of the thinning or hair loss lines of product have styling products, which are safe for thinning hair. As for regrowth, most topical agents will try to stimulate growth, but if the follicle is clogged it will only grow fine vellous hairs. Eventually even the velous hairs cannot penetrate the clog or they are too weak to grow into terminal hair. Cleansing treatments extract the sebum mass and other impurities from the follicle cavity. In time this can reverse the malnutrition of the velous hair root. The hair gets stronger and becomes terminal. IMO it is essential to remove these toxic conditions from the follicle cavity so individual hairs can survive. There is much more going on within the follicle that topical agents cannot address.