A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

mrw
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by mrw » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 am

I just completed my first application.

I went ahead and used the entire vial. I figured that dose was used in the trials for a reason, so I went for it. I started off with a 3 minute massage of my scalp. Then a made a few passes with my dermaroller. Next, I opened the vial, grabbed my dropper and went to town. I began combing lines into my hair then adding a couple of drops to each line followed by a short rub just to get the product to the scalp. I continued with that till I covered my entire scalp. At that point I had only used about 1/4 of the vial. Then I went to begin a thorough massage. Despite my best efforts by hair and scalp were drenched. I kept massaging and each time I felt the complex had dried on the scalp I would divide and apply some more followed by more massage. I repeated this until the vial was gone. The whole process took me about 15 minutes. Hair is still very wet. I imagine this is unavoidable when using the entire vial.

I did feel a very warm tingling feeling while applying it, but I imagine the warmth was caused by the massage and the tingle by the fact that I used a roller to break some skin. I am now sitting here waiting for my hair to dry off a bit.

The complex does not have a strong odor by any means, I had to put my hand right up to my nose to smell it. It dries on the scalp pretty quick.
The whole TGFb thing still scares me.

I noticed Dr AQ has been MIA. He is probably out spending money 200 bucks at a time...lol

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:28 am

I've used the dermaroller with it once or twice yet always get the tingle. You might be right about the warming sensation... either way, it's still cool.

I'm wondering if I should take my gear out of the fridge?

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 am

chore boy wrote:I've used the dermaroller with it once or twice yet always get the tingle. You might be right about the warming sensation... either way, it's still cool.

I'm wondering if I should take my gear out of the fridge?
nah, leave it in, it will be fine. I let mine warm up to room temp for an hour before application. Dr AQ even said 4C is the safest temp and that is below what your fridge is at. Besides, keeping at a constant in the fridge will minimize any variables.

Chore boy, does your scalp feel any different after using the AG for awhile- meaning more nourished, softer, healthier, etc? Nice find on the PRP btw.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 am

I wonder if it'd be best to apply the topical first? Then the dermaroller?

From Lipoxidil:
The topical product has to be applied first (!!). Then use the Dermaroller with light to medium pressure. Very important - roll 2-3 times over the same spot but only in one direction. If you roll back and forth you will tangle your existing hair in the roller. Always roll away from the hair root. Use your hands to keep existing hair out of your way as good as possible.
That is with liposomal products..if that makes a difference.

I do recall someone getting a response from another company or whatever..saying just the opposite. Read that in one of the links above too. But if you did apply the topical first..then dermaroll...you'd think those holes would open and close for the topical to go in. If you did the dermaroller first..those holes would already be closed up again..or at least partially. Maybe it doesn't matter how it's done..if you have to massage it in for 5 minutes anyway. :-s

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:43 am

I thought my scalp felt like it had more cushioning in hair-bearing areas (as opposed to bare temples) but that could easily be my imagination and have been there the whole time.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:45 am

With the amount of product I apply, a 5 minute massage is unrealistic.... there's no lube left after a short while.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:46 am

I'm surprised at how well absorbed it is... wonder if he slid some nano tech in there... hahah

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:10 am

Jacob wrote:I wonder if it'd be best to apply the topical first? Then the dermaroller?

From Lipoxidil:
The topical product has to be applied first (!!). Then use the Dermaroller with light to medium pressure. Very important - roll 2-3 times over the same spot but only in one direction. If you roll back and forth you will tangle your existing hair in the roller. Always roll away from the hair root. Use your hands to keep existing hair out of your way as good as possible.
That is with liposomal products..if that makes a difference.

I do recall someone getting a response from another company or whatever..saying just the opposite. Read that in one of the links above too. But if you did apply the topical first..then dermaroll...you'd think those holes would open and close for the topical to go in. If you did the dermaroller first..those holes would already be closed up again..or at least partially. Maybe it doesn't matter how it's done..if you have to massage it in for 5 minutes anyway. :-s
hmmm, good thoughts. Maybe ill do a little before and a little after.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks, guys, for sharing the experience of your first and following applications. Right now I am living vicariously through you as I am sitting waiting and looking at the mailbox :cry: I'll be using it with a 380 diode laser helmet when it arrives so will let you know how that goes. Sounds like there will be a good chunk of time between the 15 minutes of pre-application lasering and the post-application 5 minute laser but I think it will be really important to apply it evenly, as much as possible keep it off hair and on the scalp, and massage it till its absorbed.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 am

mrw, you are covering the entire MPB part of your scalp? I am a diffuse thinner so pretty much want to cover that entire horseshoe. Am wondering how much of the complex it will take to do that. Wondering if it's best to use the entire vial as per Dr. AQ's protocol or try to stretch it out. Am leaning towards trying to stretch it out but might be good for the first treatment to use entire vial. Do, say, a 1/4 vial like you did. Massage thoroughly. Reapply, massage etc.

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:14 pm

hulihoop wrote:mrw, you are covering the entire MPB part of your scalp? I am a diffuse thinner so pretty much want to cover that entire horseshoe. Am wondering how much of the complex it will take to do that. Wondering if it's best to use the entire vial as per Dr. AQ's protocol or try to stretch it out. Am leaning towards trying to stretch it out but might be good for the first treatment to use entire vial. Do, say, a 1/4 vial like you did. Massage thoroughly. Reapply, massage etc.
yeah I am a diffuse thinner as well, so I covered the entire top of my head. Keeping it out of your hair is next to impossible, but if you spend a ton of time and work slow Im sure you could minimize it a bit.

Hopefully you will get your tomorrow and can share with us your thoughts

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Greetings friends.. I just got back from a conference.
I read through the posts and I think you guys are handling everything great. I know some have not gotten the product yet, but believe me when I say its beyond A&G control . On Tuesday, I will ask shipping to follow up on the deliveries and give me a report in which I will share with you.

I will be back soon and try to answer any questions I have not addressed yet.

Good night

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Great to hear from you again Dr. AQ, i thought we lost you for awhile.... can you answer me this one question please: Are there any more photos or studies or anything coming to your website in the future, and if so when?

I'm kind of on the fence on whether or not to get the new product.

On the one hand I need something new to add to the mix, my hair looks worse than ever, I laser 3 times a week and use my own version of sinere's gel mixed with dutasteride. I get noticeable sides from this and wish beyond measure that I could just find something that maintains without sides.

On the other hand, I feel like a I need to see some concrete evidence this will work. I need to see some better pics, some more details about the study. Some actual anecdotes from users about its degree of effectiveness. And I will feel a lot better once I hear of everyone getting their actual product. When I really stop to think about it, I'm incredibly pessimistic about this. 6 years of failed hair products, tried so many things each time hoping this would be it, but after all those attempts the only thing that stops my hairloss is something that gives me side effects too.

What will it take to get me off the fence? A few more positive posts from users I feel I can trust about its effectiveness, and once I know that people in SoCal are receiving their product, I'll feel a lot better.

Anyone in the same boat as me? Trying to replace fin or dut with this stuff? If so are you planning on weaning off or stopping cold turkey or not stopping at all during your use of AG?

mm12
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 pm

I am from SoCal. I am on dutasteride and rogaine foam. I will use rogaine the days when I am not using hair complex and dutasteride as usual. I hope it gives me a good coverage like minox does. I realized using minox more than twice a day will give me far better results. but unfortunately gives also puffy eyes and bigger face so I had to switch back to twice daily. here are 6-10 weeks pictures of mine. I am no longer on that brand of minox since it is very expensive.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... &mode=full

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:15 am

Still waiting on mine.
I plan to massage, dermaroller and then apply product. Then massage again. I too have to cover the entire horseshoe as I'm about as bald as you can get.

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 am

Goodmorning,
Excuse me dott.AQ, I as all forum users hope that this a&g hair complex is very effective against androgenetic hair loss. You tell that this product is very good pheraps more effective of Propecia (finasteride) and rogaine (minoxidil 5%). With your certainty why have not you done a formula satisfied or refunded? Many people would have bought already
I hope that a&g hair complex is really very effective, otherwise you will do not a good figure and in all forums of the world will speak very bad of you
If a&g hair complex really function also more of propecia you will become very famous and somebody will do you a statue

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 am

Hey Nate and Mrhairs,

There are no guarantees in life. You just gotta try it. Fortunately you have all of us as your "lab rats" who are going to try it and give you reports so you will get the info you need. I agree that it would be beneficial if A&G had done a better job with the web site, photos, tracking trialists and sharing the info etc., but in the end you just gotta get a gut feeling and go with it.

I have been back and forth on it all but decided to take the plunge. I can't take fin and don't really believe in messing with hormones like that anyway. Minox is such a crap solution I really only view that as a last resort, and if this AGHC doesn't work I might consider it. I am a recent diffuse thinner with fairly aggressive hairloss and a pretty severe scalp itch. I have gone the laser route and am hoping that works over time to stop my loss and regrow some hair. So part of my decision to go the AG route is out of desperation, but also because I honestly don't think this is a scam. Here's why:

1. It is about time someone came up something that works better than what the industry has been giving us. It's 2009 ffs!! There is lots of technology that can be brought to bear against hairloss. This might be one that works.

2. The fact that Dr. AQ is here is convincing. I've reread every post and I think the guy is genuine. Chore Boy actually spoke to the doc and thought he was knowledgeable and legit.

3. I am going to assume that the fact that the web site doesn't satisfy us and the photos are lousy is more to do with the fact that these guys are scientists and med school profs not marketers. Yes, I thought that a company like A&G would have a great marketing department. The fact that they don't might be why they can get us the product at such a cheap price. Yes, that's right, cheap. If it works as well as they suggest it is a bargain of colossal proportions.

4. I am excited and have a positive attitude. I am mature enough to know I might end up being disappointed but am hopeful for the best. I don't expect a totally new head of hair. I would be satisfied ultimately to keep what I have and maybe get a bit of regrowth. The big complaint I have right now is I haven't received my product yet. I just want to get started!!!

Anyway, if I haven't convinced you then wait and hear from those of us who are trying it before you take the plunge. You should hear something from us in 4-6 weeks according to the timeline suggested by Dr. AQ

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:39 am

hulihoop

you have a private message

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:54 am

Can anyone who has received their order tell me if the packaging is discreet? Every time I seem to order something, the damned thing arrives when I'm not in and sometimes a neighbour will sign for it and take it in. Problem is it usually says 'Cosmetics' or 'HairCare' on the label. Needless to say, 'HairCare' arouses the curiosity of neighbours when they can see I'm plainly Norwood 7.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 am

Ok...mail just came and no AGHC. Now I am pissed. :evil: Dr. AQ where is my product!?! :lol: I thought you said you sent them express? (I know for a fact it was sent on March 25 and only by priority post). Very disappointing. I was really looking forward to using it with tonight's laser session. Now, even if it arrives tomorrow I have to wait till Wednesday.

Oh well, I guess I have to live vicariously through all of you for yet another day so keep your updates coming. Any Canadians who ordered on the 19th received theirs yet?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 am

haha, hey Baccy, I'd be happy if mine arrived in a parade with sirens and loudspeakers blaring "Hulihoop is going bald!" as long as it would just arrive already :lol:

Good Mojo
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex

Post by Good Mojo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 am

hulihoop wrote:haha, hey Baccy, I'd be happy if mine arrived in a parade with sirens and loudspeakers blaring "Hulihoop is going bald!" as long as it would just arrive already :lol:
:lol: ROTFL!!! You paint a really great picture Hulihoop...that really made my morning! Thanks

Baccy, I think the return address just said "A&G Skin Solutions"

But, come to think of it the other part had my name and address or current balding resident...JK :D

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 am

hulihoop wrote:Ok...mail just came and no AGHC. Now I am pissed. :evil: Dr. AQ where is my product!?! :lol: I thought you said you sent them express? (I know for a fact it was sent on March 25 and only by priority post). Very disappointing. I was really looking forward to using it with tonight's laser session. Now, even if it arrives tomorrow I have to wait till Wednesday.

Oh well, I guess I have to live vicariously through all of you for yet another day so keep your updates coming. Any Canadians who ordered on the 19th received theirs yet?
I haven't checked my mail yet but I doubt it has come today, I'm looking at Thursday realistically... like I said priority is usually 5 business days from the US and I don't usually count the day it was shipped on, post office may even hold on to it an extra day for signature or fees depends on how the package was declared. If it shows up tomorrow or even Wednesday I'll be surprised. Gotta have realistic expectations for the shipping too haha...

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:43 am

I just got mine in the mail, and have it in front of me at the moment. I'm impressed with how well the little kit looks, very well done. I ordered last thursday night, it shipped out friday, and I got it today, so very impressed with the shipping speed. (I live in the US)

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:46 am

I just started using the haircomplex. I was wondering if it would be ok to put kerasome (hair bilding fibers) on the head after the serum dries or is absorbed? anyone or Dr. AQ any suggestions?

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 am

wow i just applied one whole vial at once, wayyyyy to much liquid. I wonder if its necessary to apply it all at once for the effect that was generated in the trial or its ok to space it out and get the same effect..

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:25 am

Told ya it was alot of product for one sitting.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Chore Boy,

Thanks, for posting your experience with the A&G stuff and bringing the PRP tech to this forum. It looks really promising.

A couple of questions though...

Are you going to order another round of the A&G complex or give it a little time to see what kind of results you are going to get? Or are you planning on doing the platlet injections right away?

I'm just curious, isn't it going to be difficult to know what worked for you and what didn't? In case down the road you would need to get an additional treatment.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Probably focus my funds towards the PRP. Not sure how fast I'd actually go through with it, though... might wait out the AG.

Then again, I'm sick of being bald and watching my life pass me by, making getting the PRP soon awfully tempting.

Who knows.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Chore boy not giving something enough time and moving on to something else right away? Impossible! :lol:

The other stuff does look interesting though....

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:01 pm

mm12 wrote:I just started using the haircomplex. I was wondering if it would be ok to put kerasome (hair bilding fibers) on the head after the serum dries or is absorbed? anyone or Dr. AQ any suggestions?
I wouldn't see why not. Unless the fibers are rubbed into your scalp quite a bit or something. Otherwise maybe put the A&G on late afternoon/early evening and leave it on until morning... :?:

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 pm

jacob, have you started using the complex yet? or were you going to wait a little while?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm waiting 'till I know I won't be sweating my head off while using the stuff 8)

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm

my complex arrived today and I will be starting tomorrow... I have taken a ton of pictures including a bunch with my microscope camera. I'm getting like 30+ shots in every of the following situations: current hair dry, current hair wet slicked back + slicked forward, and then I'll be buzzing my hair tonight and getting a bunch of shots of it that way as well.

If this crap works... I'll know about it! if it doesn't, I wasted 200 dollars and shaved my head for no reason.

Hogan
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Hogan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:50 pm

If we decide to use half a bottle day, can put the other half on the next day or do we need to wait a day?

One more thing. If we use a half a bottle, is it ok to put it back in the refrigerator?

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Hogan wrote:If we decide to use half a bottle day, can put the other half on the next day or do we need to wait a day?

One more thing. If we use a half a bottle, is it ok to put it back in the refrigerator?
I think Dr AQ said one bottle is more than enough for one time use. you can use half a bottle every other day. I just used one vial it was too much. for my next vial I will use it twice.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Decent joke you cracked back there, Jacob. I literally laughed out loud.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:44 pm

:D

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Okay MoFos, I put up 18 "Before" pictures.

I did some with dry hair, wet hair (slicked forward and back), and now my buzzed head. I also have some close up microscope camera shots I will upload in a bit. I took some before I cut my hair, and will take some now after.

Let me know if you like the photos, or would like another angle (at this point I can only provide another angle on my "buzzed head" shots, unless I coincidentally took one and just didn't upload).

How I plan on doing this is: shower in the morning, laser 2 spots for 15 minutes each followed by enough A&G to cover my whole NW7 area, massage 5-10 minutes, laser in 2 spots for 5 minutes each. I will be discontinuing use of any other topicals even on the off days. This means no revivogen at the hair line and no super zix II x2 a day everywhere else.

If this %&$! grows hair, IM GONNA KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:19 pm

perga -

Where did you put your pics up?

Jajo

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:25 pm

This website has a social network/blog to monitor progress etc. It is at my.hairlossfight.com

I signed up for that and it is on there.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Perga, where is it that you are concerned you are losing your hair? I'm not trying to be rude, I just dont really see. Is it your hair line?

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 pm

The Doc said this on the first page of the thread, that was so many pages ago that it's important people realize this now that we are getting our product in the mail.
"The 5 bottles are there to make sure everyone gets at least 5 treatments but the more they can get out of it the better the results will be. "

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 pm

hey ryan,

My hair is very blonde so it is more difficult to see what would probably be obvious on someone with darker hair, but the most noticeable hair loss I have is in the back. Those areas on the "shaved head" pic that look real thin ARE real thin. My left temple is also thinning pretty heavily.

Actually, the entire left side of my head is drastically worse than the right side of my head for some reason.

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Perga,
Are you kidding? you have absolutely no hairs problems, your hairs are just perfect . it's just your imagination or your obsession! :roll:

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 pm

LOL @ perga!

It's going to be hard for others to tell if you regrew any hair with that bush of yours. :)

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

ah, don't make fun guys, I think we all wish we had caught our hair loss early. I think I see some in the crown but not sure, maybe because of the color camouflage. I do see some miniaturization in the front though.

Definitely still have a lions mane and wouldn't call it a "problem" for a long time to come. Hope you get to keep it forever.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Perga,

Don't let anybody tell you that you don't have hair loss. Yes, most of us would love to have what you have. But I can tell you are losing it. You know why? Because when I was in my early 20's, I knew I was losing it, but most other people thought I was crazy. And my hair looked almost identical to yours right now. I can see what you are worried about. You know your hair more than anybody. Back then, my hair looked fine when dry, but I could see it thinning when wet. I am now 45. And I continued to lose. My hair looks like %&$! now.

I am going to start lasering soon. Not sure about A&G yet. But I may take some before and after pictures. It will give you a good idea of where you are heading if you don't stop the loss (I tried, proscar, minox, etc. But it only slowed it. Didn't stop it). The pictures probably won't be up for awhile though.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:09 pm

perga, don't listen to them. I'm on the same boat as you and I can tell you are losing it.. for those who cannot see, its obvious he is thinning at the crown. So for you guys to tell him its all in his head, you really shouldn't.. because if he doesn't do anything now, it'll be much more noticable in a couple years.

Anyway Perga, were/are you on anything else? you mentioned topicals? what about internal meds like fin? Just wondering.