A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

hairquest
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by hairquest » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Québec area, my friend.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Now its changing color days after it was formulated?

Got a quick question for ya BUG...

The Doc has harped on the issue of stability of the complex and spoke of it as a point of pride for A&G products...

I may be wrong but wouldnt color change suggest gross instability? :-k

Jajo

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 pm

maybe i missed this obvious answer, but what is the PRP treatment?

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 pm

ok nevermind, it is connected with the link bug put up above right? I guess I'll just read it and try to figure it out

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:35 pm

hey Guys,

Regarding color change... could this perhaps be attributed to oxidation? if so Dr.AQ, i think the question isn't whether or not the change in color is happening; it's whether or not the change in color will affect the efficacy of the serum. Thoughts?

Hold on Bug, i'm sure you'll get yours soon! i know what the wait like as well.. especially with customs

- SW

Skydiver1970
Occasional Poster

Post by Skydiver1970 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:34 am

Hi All,

Just to let you know that the first vial I used also changed color... pretty in pink grrrrrr
Btw I stored it in the fridge and found out last night upon my return home.

Grt
S

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 am

Hey Canadians,
If you have received your AGHC so far I think you've been lucky. If you haven't, and I know that is a bunch of us, don't get your hopes up. This from Canada Post's web site under "Non-mailable matter":
4.5 Drugs and Other Controlled Substances

Drugs, including narcotics and other controlled substances are governed by the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and the Food and Drugs Act and can only be mailed in certain circumstances and subject to various restrictions. For example, samples of drugs may only be mailed if addressed to doctors, dentists, veterinary surgeons or registered pharmacists and otherwise meet the applicable requirements outlined in the above Acts.

4.6 Medical/Biological Materials

The material must not be infectious, poisonous, or otherwise prohibited under the federal Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, Food & Drugs Act or any other applicable law. If permitted for mailing, the material (e.g., blood specimens [human and animal], spinal fluid, pathological specimens and culture specimens [e.g. urine, sputum, and swabs]) must meet the packaging and other applicable requirements. For more information on biological specimens, see section 4.2.2.11 and section 4.2.2.12 of the “ABCs of Mailing” chapter.

4.8 Liquids, Liquefiable Substances and Powders

Liquids, liquefiable substances, fatty substances and powders, provided they are otherwise mailable substances, must be properly prepared and meet applicable requirements for mailing. For information on packaging and wrapping materials, see section 4.2.1 of the “ABCs of Mailing” chapter
Customs probably x-ray the packages at the border and they'll see the unique little AG vials, open it up to take a look and think a) drug, b) liquid, c) biological material. It'll get turned back.

I hope I am wrong and it arrives today. If it doesn't, I am pretty certain it won't. A&G is in Irvine, CA which is Orange County - basically south LA. Priority from LA should take 5 working days at most. If it doesn't arrive today in my case (I know it was sent on the 25th) that will be 8. If you really want to use this product you might want to think about making alternate plans for getting it here (have it sent to someone you know on the US side of the border and then dropping by to see them for a visit?).

Again, hope I am wrong. Good luck guys.

Hulihoop

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am

FYI Health Canada - Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/person/c ... _1-eng.php

Everything in the hair complex seems ok except for the human fibroblast conditioned media (see list). I am willing to bet that anything that got through already (I know of one person) snuck through. I think the rest is being held up. For some reason they must have inspected one and checked the ingredients. Now they are probably zeroing in on all A&G products. Again, I hope I am wrong but I got a bad feeling about it. We'll see what happens when today's mail comes....

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:52 am

Ok. As I expected. Today's mail has come and gone and no package from A&G. I am pretty sure that it won't be coming. Customs Canada is going to save us all from having hair.

I will be in contact with A&G today about a plan B or refund. Please chime in if you do by chance receive your product.

Thanks,

Hulihoop

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 am

Picked mine up from the Post Office this morning. Will begin the application program on Sunday. Because of the almost complete lack of hair on my head except for isolated semi-terminals, any new arrivals will be spotted easily.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am

Good Luck to you Baccy! \:D/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 am

On the color change...FNS used to go from the light yellow to medium brown fairly quickly..after being opened. We were told it didn't affect the product in any other way. They did fix that..I think by adding rosemary oil...

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 am

ok..last night was the 2nd application of the serum &............low and behold it has changed color..it wasnt different when i 1st took it out of the fridge but when i put it back it already had changed..i'm thinking that it might have something to do with it being out of the fridge..so what i'm going to do when i open the 2nd bottle is when i treat an area i'll put it back in the fridge, laswer 5 the additional 5 minutes, move to the next area for 15 then go and get it, apply then put it back..btw..i always keep it covered, its only open when i need it to be..also still no "scalp feeling"

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:11 am

i forgot to mention..this time i applied more although that i think i had sufficient coverage with what i used last time..i'm not even trying to stretch it out, i'm just using what i need for full coverage and i have slightly less than 1/2 a bottle after 2 treatments

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Could maybe have something to do with less solution in the bottle causing the color difference, maybe it separates slightly. Just noting that people with approx 1/2 vials get the color change but all just guesses at this point. Either way I don't think it's of massive concern. What I plan to do however because I'm using a syringe instead of a dropper so I'll just draw the amount of complex I need to warm and leave the rest in the fridge. Will keep me from having to warm and cool the whole bottle more than once.

Also this from USPS.com. If shipped on the 25th we are on day 7.
Attachments
usps.jpg
usps.jpg (34.44 KiB) Viewed 30739 times

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Astro, hope you are right bud. I will till mid week next week then. Just that Health Canada Cosmetics Hotlist worries me. Just let us know if/when you get it.

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

16 days still counting! :-s

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:59 pm

DAMN IT!!!!! here i am trying to do everything right and i forget that it has to be left out fir a little while before use

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 pm

lol... on the bright side the whole system is meant for only 6 treatments. If you're extending it and getting way more than 6 then it might not be such a huge deal if you slightly mess up one or two of them.

hairquest, weekends don't count for shipping... and Dr. AQ said the first shipment went out on the 25th so even those of us who ordered before that can't count those days either. I usually don't even count the day it was shipped on because depending on the time of day it takes a while to process before it gets sent out.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 pm

I've ordered products in the past that took about 6 weeks to make it to me... Canada Customs...

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 pm

haha. Morphollica, would you stop stirring the pot....

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:02 pm

:lol: I'm just stating a worst case so that people aren't stalking the neighborhood mail man (or woman).

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 pm

HI guys..I ordered the product the day it came out..they sent it was sent onthe 24th I believe and nothing yetI am in Toronto Canada. However, I did get in contact with Dr.AQ and had a very interesting conversation. I addressed alot of issues that I have read here on forums and got very satisfactory answers.Too much to take in at once and I have to run out but I will fill you all in a bit later on when I get home on the conversation I had with Dr.AQ.

Jacob..Dr.AQ says hi

He is travelling right now and has been and will be so that is why is hasn't been able to respond on the forums that much. I actually caught him on his phone at the airport..so he definitetly is travelling.

For now, all I can say is bye bye propecia and monix ( if the Dr. is true and honest which I believe he is). \:D/

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!

i spoke with DR.AQ..he explained that the color change does not affect the product and that it is a result of some of the alcohol evaporating hence the darkening..he did go on to explain a couple of more things but i was so caught off that i was speaking with him that i cant recall them all (thought that i was speaking with a rep till i asked..told him i thought he was in mexico, and he stated that he is, but takes his calls personally)..any how the main point is that it is not of any concern..then i explained the program i am doing and approved of it..he said that on my off days its fine to continue my other treatments so long as i'm not mixing it with the serum.
at that point he had to go into a meeting so i didnt get to ask about the deliveries that havent been made yet..sorry about that..

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:40 pm

oh!! he also mentioned that about 5 minutes before my call he was speaking with another forum member that had said that he was getting good results with it..he had said that its a long time member too..Chore boy is that you??

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Damn didnt get mine today either.. I guess I can wait though I likely wont be able to start using it til after next weekend im so busy.

Although I would feel better if it was in my fridge and i could peek at it whenever I grab a beer for a warm fuzzy feeling

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:46 pm

hey cld517!

That's great news! I spoke with him on Wednesday and was, like you totally surprised and very impressed. I think he is a good guy and to those who say he is running a scam how many times does the scam artist take calls? I also left with the impression just like justthin that this was going to work really well. It makes me even more eager to get started! Unfortunately most of us in Canada are still waiting. Thanks for even thinking of asking about it for us and no worries you forgot once you got wrapped up in the conversation with him.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results! Here's hoping a very hairy spring to you!!

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Is anyone noticing more hair loss or shedding since applying this?
My friend said he is seeing more hair loss especially when massaging his scalp. He has been using it for 1 week, no tingle or itchy either.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:59 pm

I really believe in this product but I cannot commit to it in my head, something just tells me it's too good to be true. I really hope I am wrong. I am waiting for a few months before I purchase, to see if it really works.

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:06 pm

well guys got mine today and applied the first dose. Used a super clean scrubbing gel with micro beads on my scalp first (easy to do with a buzz grade zero :P )
Unbelievable that I got mine in here in europe before all the Canadian people here. Your custom controls must be one of the strictest about.

good luck everyone \:D/

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't think it's really customs, I think it's just putting it on a plane vs. a truck.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Astro, you could be right. I think of everything going on a plane nowadays but it may well be on a truck and that is a very long ride. Makes you wonder what "priority" means though, doesn't it? Let's hope that's it and then nobody has to do a plan B which would be a hassle.

Ok...I'm out, been in front of a computer all day. Time to go home and chill.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:48 pm

hulihoop wrote:Astro, you could be right. I think of everything going on a plane nowadays but it may well be on a truck and that is a very long ride. Makes you wonder what "priority" means though, doesn't it? Let's hope that's it and then nobody has to do a plan B which would be a hassle.

Ok...I'm out, been in front of a computer all day. Time to go home and chill.

Got your Pm Hulihoop...we can def do plan B, I also have a plan B which doesn;t involve any driving..lol I will PM you to speak further.

Eating dinner now so I will be back on later to let you all know more of the Dr.'s conversation with me. He seems to be very honest and straight forward. So far everything he has said has been true. He also , stated that new pics will be up next week and that it's been hard to get the release forms from the clinics that performed trials.

The guy in the pics they have now will also have even more recent updated pics posted soon.The good Dr. will be getting them he said.

all for now guys.

mrw
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Post by mrw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm

kamui wrote:Is anyone noticing more hair loss or shedding since applying this?
My friend said he is seeing more hair loss especially when massaging his scalp. He has been using it for 1 week, no tingle or itchy either.
Kamui-

I finished my third application yesterday, so I have been on it for 6 days. I have actually seen less hair fall out with each passing day. The first massage I did I was like "holy crap! thats alot of hair in my hands", but i kept at it. Yesterday I had way less hair fall out during massage, seriously like 1/5 of what I had before. I have also had less hair fall out in the mornings while styling my hair with gel and while showering. To me this all seems too good to be true, but what is happening is really happening. I dont know what to say about it as I am really critical of all therapies, but I am getting some sort of result, as of now anyway. Who knows, in a week it maybe a different story. As Im writing this I almost feel guilty reporting good stuff because all of the skepticism over the AGHC, but nonetheless I have nothing bad to say so far. This tingle/itch is kinda driving me nuts now though.

dhart99

Post by dhart99 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Got mine today , sent priority as stated but good old Canada does things at their own pace . Rest of you Canadians should see it shortly . BTW I'm in Ontario.

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 pm

it begins to be closer!
i know it's too early but any signs of regrowths among you people? :-s
Last edited by hairquest on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 pm

MRW,

what day did you begin to feel the tingle and itch?

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:51 pm

kamui wrote:MRW,

what day did you begin to feel the tingle and itch?
Within 24 hours of the first application. I know it sounds way too soon, but it is what I experienced. I also used a roller for 3 minutes before application of the AGHC, so that may have had something to do with itch/tingle. Either way, the itch has persisted since I started.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Can a person with long hair use this derma roller?

mrw
Regular Poster

Post by mrw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 pm

kamui wrote:Can a person with long hair use this derma roller?
dont see why not, but cant speak from experience with long hair. My hair is 3" long on top and I have no problems with it getting tangled at all

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 pm

I think with long hair I think the only difference is it's recommended to only roll in one direction instead of back and forth to avoid tangle.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:04 am

May i use gel after aplying? i just aplied, but i have to go away now, and i wanna do gel in my hear:)

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:36 am

So I'm guessing no tingle or itch means not working... Or maybe the people who don't get tingle or itchy are the ones who have to use it again in two months.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:02 am

Dr.AQ wrote:Thank you Again Jacob for the invitation to participate here.
To answer your questions:
A&G Hair Complex is not like Rogain and its design for one time treatment. However, 23% of the subjects tested required additional supply after 2 months period. The box contains 5 bottles, based on the area you are losing hair in and the condition of your scalp, each bottle should be enough to cover the entire scalp. We advice people to use it every other day after cleansing the scalp and keep it own until next day. The Complex is odorless and will not have any trace. 89% of the subjects reported itching of the scalp after the 3rd treatment, this is normal since your hair follicles are expanding (growing). However, if there is no itching, that is OK too. Part of the A&G Hair Complex ingredients also activate existing stem cell in your scalp, this helps the generation of new follicles and increase hair growth/density.
We will provide data on our studies and will show pictures too. I am going to ask some of the subjects to participate here and they can talk about their experience with the product. I don't guarantee they will but I will try. I will have them contact Jacob and arrange for a Q&A.
Thank you

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:34 am

a&g hair complex has growth factor
minoxidil works also like a growth factor

minoxidil causes irsutism (increase body hair)
Can a&g hair complex to cause irsutism?

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:49 am

HAHA ITS TINGLING!!! ITS FINALLY TINGLING!!!!

I'm really excited, i was getting pretty depressed because i wasnt feeling ANYTHING. so I tested some on the front of my scalp today just for kicks and see if it would raise my hopes. JEEZ the front of the scalp, all over the areas where I applied it is tingling up a storm. Its a really strange sensation, its hard to describe, its almost like a cooling sensation combined with a non itching itch.. if that makes sense. I have genuine faith in this product now, its acting like the doc described it now.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:51 am

haha, the feeling is actually kind of irritating, but I wouldnt have it any other way \:D/

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Ryand2 wrote:HAHA ITS TINGLING!!! ITS FINALLY TINGLING!!!!

I'm really excited, i was getting pretty depressed because i wasnt feeling ANYTHING. so I tested some on the front of my scalp today just for kicks and see if it would raise my hopes. JEEZ the front of the scalp, all over the areas where I applied it is tingling up a storm. Its a really strange sensation, its hard to describe, its almost like a cooling sensation combined with a non itching itch.. if that makes sense. I have genuine faith in this product now, its acting like the doc described it now.
hey Ryand2, how far into the treatment did you get the tingling? thanks

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Ok, I went out on my own here, yesterday made it my third treatment, but the night before I got a little too happy at happy hour and was hardly functioning and wouldnt of been aware of any sensations on my head, so i decided to apply a bit to my scalp after I showered today to see if I could pick up on any tingling. Boy did I ever, it was a really intense feeling and I can still pick up on some stuff going on up there even now.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:47 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Bombarie on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.