A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

mm12
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by mm12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:46 am

today was my 6th application. every time I lose more hairs. I almost don't lose anything in the shower or applying minox every other day. It just happens when I apply this serum I lose hairs. I will contact the dr AQ and ask about my shed.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 am

BTW the nectarines I keep in the veggie drawer next to the AGHC now look like peaches after only one week. ](*,)

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am

mm12 wrote:today was my 6th application. every time I lose more hairs. I almost don't lose anything in the shower or applying minox every other day. It just happens when I apply this serum I lose hairs. I will contact the dr AQ and ask about my shed.
is this not because you are massaging your scalp for longer than usual when applying the HC?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 am

mm12,

Are you shedding between the applications? In the shower before applying? It seems strange that the HC is making the hairs literally jump off your head when it comes into contact with them. In fact you'd think that the HC would be strengthening the follicles, thus causing them to lose weak hairs so they can grow new stronger ones and those hairs would be falling when you comb/brush, run your hands through your hair, shower, etc. In fact if you shower before applying the A&G I would actually be expecting most of the hair shedding to occur then and only a little left to come out when you apply. Maybe you are rubbing too hard when you massage? I do know that wet hair is more easily pulled than dry hair. Is it something to do with that?

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:45 am

Finally starting mine tomorrow. Kind of bummed my dermaroller didn't get here in time though, and for sure won't be here tomorrow or monday cause of holiday. Canada Post is SERIOUSLY slacking... I'm not even getting normal mail regularly. :evil: Oh well I'm planning for 10 treatments so it should be here for more than half at least.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am

Diffuse thinners,

Any of you having sheds at all? I am losing track of how everyone seems to be doing. I know some people on the forum have seen increased shedding in apps 3 and 4 while others have seen progressively less hair fall from one app to the next. Specifically I am wondering how the diffuse thinners are reacting.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:53 am

I lost significant amounts of hair (especially in the beginning and during massages), but my shedding started to subside a bit by treatment 4-5. My head is still losing huge amounts of dead skin though.

This is a shot in the dark here, but based on how my scalp looks (in my microscope) and how it feels (in my brain), I am thinking this is good stuff. There are no official signs of regrowth yet, but my scalp feels great, and losing all this dead skin can't be anything but a good thing either.

You would probably be shocked at the amount of dead skin, I have been scraping it with a comb for like 3 minutes and it looks like christmas with the crap coming off my dome.

I am a diffuse thinner btw.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:57 am

I just wanted to express a word of caution to those of you that are using this or any other product. Be careful not to overdo the rubbing on your scalp. Too much can cause inflammation, and may actually cause you to lose or pull out hair.

When I read people talking about scraping their scalps that always worries me.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 pm

maybe its because I massage it too much or too hard. I lose only hair during the massaging part. I lose a few hairs in the shower. I have no idea what it is but it scars me. I will contact the dr later and ask him if this is normal.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm

mm12 wrote:maybe its because I massage it too much or too hard. I lose only hair during the massaging part. I lose a few hairs in the shower. I have no idea what it is but it scars me. I will contact the dr later and ask him if this is normal.

Finally got my HC today.It was sent overnight to my house and the people a A&G were true to their word!Excellent customer service.

mm12...I wouldn;t be worried about the shed. You are bound to lose alot from massaging your head. I do when I apply my topical after a shower( due to scalp massage). If it is being caused by the HC I would probably be happy as it would show a sign that something is happening. The doc did say that existing (weak) follicles will become stronger and push out the thinner hair. Hopefully that is what is happening for you! Keep in mind that using any treatment usually causes some sort of shed at some point, but massaging and seeing hair on your hands isn;t a shed for sure, it is possibly just the weak hair being broken,ripped out or pulled out as morph said. A shed to me would be more like..after a shower if I run my hand gently through my hair and see hair on my hands after say the 5th time doing it then I feel like I am in a shed. If I do it forcefully and rougher to do a scalp massage then I would expect to see some hair at least on my hands even if I had a full healthy head of hair.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I just spoke with the dr AQ and he told me that this is normal and he told me that this means I am replacing my old hairs with new ones. he said that it means something is happening.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:47 pm

mm12 wrote:I just spoke with the dr AQ and he told me that this is normal and he told me that this means I am replacing my old hairs with new ones. he said that it means something is happening.

excellent mm12!

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:59 pm

in a question i osted here to the doctor..he said to massage as though you were washing your hair..

btwi have done treatment #3 & 4..still none that reported scalp sensation

so far i did 2 treatments from bottle #1..what was left i used along with an entire bottle for treatment # 3..actually i could have done an entire 3rd treatment from the 1st bottle..but with talk going on here and my lack of scalp sensation and that allure uses the enitre bottle and possibly more i decided to try using a whole bottle and what was left of the 1st one..then again after reading what the dr, had posted much earlier in this thread (that at 1st they were going to give 3ml in a bottle) i decided that with the 3rd bottle i'd use 1ml for each section that i laser (a total of 3, the typical MPB to be area..i say to be because i'm a diffuse thinner)..btw no increased shedding or anything like that

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok. Here's another one for you guys. How many of you are using/planning to use lasers in conjunction with the HC?

I know cld517 has.

Astro, myself, mellon collie are planning to/are starting.

Maybe it's not possible to do or there is simply no pattern, but trying to figure out if there is a pattern between who lasers with the HC and who does/doesn't feel the tingle, get a flaking scalp or have a big shed.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Hey Guys,

I just started my third vial last night, and i should be complete with all five (5) by next friday. I've been applying 3mL's per application and will continue for a total of 10 apps in 19 days. I do laser for 15 minutes prior, apply, massage 5 minutes, then re-laser for 5 minutes as recommended by dr.AQ. I haven't notice much if anything yet, but i am optimistic, and hopeful! Regarding this tingling or itchiness.. i'm curious if only the higher norwood members will feel this or longer term hair loss sufferers. I have not felt much for either tingling or itchiness beyond what's probably a small sensation triggered by placebo and wanting to feel something.

Reason for the above thought is this. I'm a norwood 3, moving to 4 quickly if i don't find a solution soon. Although i've only been losing hair for about 4-5 years, no areas beyond my receding hair line are completely slick bald, so i doubt i would feel any sensation of new hairs trying to push through scalp if i don't have bare areas to push through. What i'm looking for is a product that will stop loss, as well as thicken and grow existing tiny hairs.

Just a few thoughts. I'll keep everyone posted. Luck to all!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Jacob wrote:
Morphollica wrote:Live Chat Reminder: Today (Wednesday April 8th), 5:30pm Pacific Time, 8:30pm Eastern Time.

Where: http://my.hairlossfight.com

Details: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... =10&t=1121
I was there. I don't know if you're required to register there to chat..that might have been a problem...
It takes about 30 seconds to register...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Morphollica wrote:
:lol:

But I can see some saying the heck with it. I could be wrong though :-s

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 am

First off - thanks to everyone that took the plunge and is sharing thier experiences!

Questions...

Has anyone that was on the fence been swayed by what you've read of others experience thus far and decided to take the plunge yourself?

Is anyone thus far really pleased (encouraged) or is it still too early to feel one way or the other?

Thanks for any input!
Jajo

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 am

Hello there :)

A few users on a Dutch hairforum would like to know what the effect is of laying with your head in the sun after the application of the hair complex. Is it possible that the heat of the sun can evaporate the complex or at any way diminish the effect?

So, is it recommendable to stay out of direct sun for at least an hour (just a guess) after application?

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 am

Jajo wrote:First off - thanks to everyone that took the plunge and is sharing thier experiences!

Questions...

Has anyone that was on the fence been swayed by what you've read of others experience thus far and decided to take the plunge yourself?

Is anyone thus far really pleased (encouraged) or is it still too early to feel one way or the other?

Thanks for any input!
Jajo
Still too early yet m8. personally, I've only done two treatments and it looks like I'm going to get 10 treatments in all. You're the closest I've seen so far in terms of baldness comparable to my own so I would say that my experiences would be a pretty good guide for you.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 am

Didn't Dr. AQ say the new pictures would be up this week? I know the week is not over yet, but it sure seems forever to get those pictures.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:35 am

Whoop
when I apply topicals I stay away from sun until it dries. but with AG I avoid sun the entire day. I wear a hat.
guys yesterday was my 6th application and I was feeling something strange on scalp. It felt like someone was pulling on it. even today I feel that way but not as much. I don't know if this has anything to do with AG.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 am

Jacob wrote:
Morphollica wrote:
:lol:

But I can see some saying the heck with it. I could be wrong though :-s
I am going to work on integrating the logins between the two sections.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 am

For those that are diffuse thinner:

Are you going to put the HC all over the entire scalp (including back and sides)?

The reason I ask this, is because some diffuse thinners thin a little on the back and sides as well.

Dr AQ, would this be a good idea? or no?

Thoughts?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 pm

I really wish they would post some more pictures :/

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:33 pm

does anyone who has a oily and greasy scalp notice less of this occuring after using HC? My hair definitely isnt getting as oily

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:48 pm

helpmyhair wrote:For those that are diffuse thinner:

Are you going to put the HC all over the entire scalp (including back and sides)?

The reason I ask this, is because some diffuse thinners thin a little on the back and sides as well.

Dr AQ, would this be a good idea? or no?

Thoughts?
Helpmyhair,

I will be using it on every inch of my scalp. My hair loss is very diffuse with some of the thinnest spots being above and behind my ears...and the nape of my neck. So...I'll probably end up using the whole 5ml for each app. Which is fine with me because it takes forever to do my whole scalp with any topical. That's one reason I've never been really consistent with topicals. So only having to do it 5 times is very appealing.

BTW...I ordered mine yesterday.

bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Whoop wrote:Hello there :)

A few users on a Dutch hairforum would like to know what the effect is of laying with your head in the sun after the application of the hair complex. Is it possible that the heat of the sun can evaporate the complex or at any way diminish the effect?

So, is it recommendable to stay out of direct sun for at least an hour (just a guess) after application?

Who is stupid enough to allow sun on the scalp in growth phase, this would not be safe nor recommended. You want to lower the carcinogenic effect.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Hmmm I used up two bottles so far, and I don't think it is working.. Yet.

I'm still able to pull out weaker shorter hair. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Last edited by Irishpete on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Kamui,
Those shorter, weak hairs are ones that are going to go anyway. And you know what? You want them to go so that follicle can replace them with newer, more viable hair from a stronger healthier follicle as a result of the A&G. Now if the longer, healthier hairs start falling out then there is a problem.
Relax, keep up the applications and enjoy the ride. If this stuff works you'll be seeing these follicles replacing those hairs in a few months.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:16 pm

OK Im off the fence. I just purchased the AGHC. I live in Canada so I hope it gets here OK.

Ive never tried anything without knowing so little about how it works but I appreciate the "thinking outside of the box" effort by Dr AQ so I figure I'll take a leap of faith. From what little I do know about the complex, if it does work its going to turn everything we know (or lead to believe) upside down. I found another paper last night (I havent read it yet) but its abstract states IL-6 initiates anagen so now TGFbeta and IL-6 long considered bad for hair growth might actually be good. If nothing else this experience has forced me to do my homework and look at the problem in ways I never would have before.

goodluck everyone!
bug

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:20 pm

I asked dr AQ today regarding the pressure I have on my scalp. he told me that this is a positive sign since the follicles and scalp are going through changes. he told me I will see results in 2 - 3 weeks from now.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Baccy wrote:
Jajo wrote:First off - thanks to everyone that took the plunge and is sharing thier experiences!

Questions...

Thanks for any input!
Jajo
Still too early yet m8. personally, I've only done two treatments and it looks like I'm going to get 10 treatments in all. You're the closest I've seen so far in terms of baldness comparable to my own so I would say that my experiences would be a pretty good guide for you.

Thanks bud!

I've went from standing STEADY on the fence to teetering - now I see the BUG man has caved!?

Should I just pull the trigger and help guinee-pig this thing in the name of science and fellow follicularly challenged folks the world over?! ;-)

What the hell - I'm a diffuse thinner, Norwood 4, (still have every hair I was born with, its just all in various stages of miniaturization, the majority at the crown) - typical horseshoe pattern etc. Theres probably alot of people sitting in the middle stages, hanging on to it all (albeit, by a thread) like me ...

BUG - where are you at in this (NW)? also - if I pull the trigger, I will be using a whole vial per session, every other, like the trialists. You?

Jajo

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Jajo wrote:
I've went from standing STEADY on the fence to teetering - now I see the BUG man has caved!?

Should I just pull the trigger and help guinee-pig this thing in the name of science and fellow follicularly challenged folks the world over?! ;-)

What the hell - I'm a diffuse thinner, Norwood 4, (still have every hair I was born with, its just all in various stages of miniaturization, the majority at the crown) - typical horseshoe pattern etc. Theres probably alot of people sitting in the middle stages, hanging on to it all (albeit, by a thread) like me ...

BUG - where are you at in this (NW)? also - if I pull the trigger, I will be using a whole vial per session, every other, like the trialists. You?

Jajo
Hey Jajo

Im about a NW3 or 4 but look like NW7 when my hair is wet or under very bright lights.

Im not sure how Im going to use the AGHC yet. Im inclined to use 1/2 or 1/3 bottles but I just dont know. Im probably going to stop applying everything else since they are probably counter productive.(inhibiting TGFbeta, IL, caspases...etc) I might consider home microdermabrasion on the slick bald areas. Im not sure how well the HC will work in lowering a hairline from NW3 to NW1 but this is most important to me. A combination of wounding + AGHC might work better in this regard but Im still waiting on Dr AQ to answer that one.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 am

bug wrote: A combination of wounding + AGHC might work better in this regard but Im still waiting on Dr AQ to answer that one.
I've spent alot of time this week researching what I might use in concert with the AGHC should I decide to pull the trigger and have concluded the same. From what I've read of wounding (dermarolling), I'm convinced there might be a better synergy there than with LLLT.

I think I might follow this protocol...

--------
*Shower/wash hair ...(I keep my hair buzzed with a #3 (3/8") guard)

*Wound/Dermaroll (a 1.0 mm weapon)...

*Sit with a hot towel (a la barbershop style) for 5 minutes to get blood flowing even more and open everything up...a compounding pharmacist once told me that a hydrated scalp is more efficient at transdermal absorption.

*Apply HC ...

*Message with steady pressure without lifting fingers, then move fingers to new area and repeat - sounds like some guys are shedding a bunch. Mechanical action on the hairshaft can exacerbate shedding...

*Leave on for 24 hours...I think I may use a hot towel treatment a half hour before showering (for 5 minutes) the following days. Maybe this will help absorb any residual topical before rinsing it off anyway.
-------

Still not sure how much I will use per treatment...thinking a whole vial per treatment (wish we knew more about its dose dependency etc).

Also, dermaroller guys - do you really need to spend $75 to get a "good" one?

Jajo

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 am

I use a 0.5mm dermaroller but can't remember how much it cost me about a year ago.
The doctor says that in their trials, the dermaroller had no effect on the results.
There are also guys on the forums that claim that dermarolling/wounding can be DETRIMENTAL due to the release of TGF-B.

I think that the whole hairloss thing is full of enigmas and contradictions.

Has anyone got a definitive answer on whether dermarolling is good or bad?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:42 am

Atta boy, bug! Great to have you join us! Cool to see you found that article and it's got you rethinking this. I hope the new way of thinking is right. Have you actually spoken with Dr. AQ or just via the forum? If you haven't you should. With all you know you'd find it very interesting I'm sure.

Jajo, just read your last post including your "protocol":
Sit with a hot towel (a la barbershop style) for 5 minutes to get blood flowing even more and open everything up...a compounding pharmacist once told me that a hydrated scalp is more efficient at transdermal absorption.
That's interesting. I did my first application yesterday and was afraid I had made a mistake. I showered, lasered 15 minutes, applied and massaged which took well more than 5 minutes (I am a diffuse thinning NW2), then lasered again 5'. Thing is at regrowth we've all been lasering recently with a damp scalp or with emu oil on it to increase stimulation. Clearly I didn't want to mix the emu oil with the A&G so I lasered damp. My scalp was still a little damp when I applied the A&G. This left me worried I had made a mistake that would reduce the effectiveness of the product, after all the instructions clearly say "dry scalp". But if your pharmacist was correct that makes me feel better. I still think I am going to try with a totally dry scalp next time and see if there is a difference.

FWIW, I used the entire bottle and did a number of passes over my scalp which is why it took so long. I think I will be using half the bottle from here on in to stretch it out. Unlike some others who commented that it was cosmetically unappealing for their hair mine actually looked great when it dried. Texturally it wasn't as good but I could certainly feel very good going to work or going out with it in. This morning I've run my hands fairly vigorously through my hair and truthfully see less hair fall than normal so, I don't want to jinx it, but it doesn't seem to be causing a shed (at least not yet). The few hairs I lose are pathetic, short, lightly pigmented hairs that were on their way out anyway. Best thing is my scalp feels great. In January and again in mid March I had really bad itch and inflammation. Lasering and topical emu oil went a long way towards bringing that under control, but I still had a very slight itch up until applying the A&G. It is gone now. I did feel a little of that tingle when I applied it and for a few hours after but now my scalp just feels healthier (and looks better) than it has in a long time. Pretty cool after only one thorough treatment.

I am definitely stoked to get on with the rest of the treatments and want to thank Dr. AQ for working so hard to get the HC to me. Really it was more than I would have expected from any company and for those that think this is a scam he sure doesn't conduct himself like a scammer. Quite the contrary, which makes me even more positive that the HC might just do something really good for my hair. Here's hoping!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 am

I am also confident that the product is not a scam. The doctor's presence here has convinced me of that (plus my scalp feels good). I am still worried that the product might not grow hair on my head... that's why I want to see the trailists' photos which still aren't up :(

Keeping my fingers crossed though! Good luck everybody.

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:46 am

hulihoop, when did you get yours? :-s

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:06 am

Baccy wrote:I use a 0.5mm dermaroller but can't remember how much it cost me about a year ago.
The doctor says that in their trials, the dermaroller had no effect on the results.
There are also guys on the forums that claim that dermarolling/wounding can be DETRIMENTAL due to the release of TGF-B.

Has anyone got a definitive answer on whether dermarolling is good or bad?
I'm planning to do 1/2 my treatment with dermaroll and 1/2 without. It may do nothing at all but I don't think it could be bad. I'm just trying to increase absorption so I'm going to use a 0.75mm which is not deep enough to penetrate the dermis so I'm not worried about doing any damage. The Dr. did say they had tried a dermaroller without any positive effect but never specified what kind. They have rollers as small as 0.15mm which I think would have little effect on scalp penetration.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:14 am

Good morning Everyone..
I am so glad to hear that many of you are reacting well to the product. Again you don't need to use the entire vial if you don't need it. Its not dose dependent. Remember healthier scalp is the first step to regrowth, and certain degree of shedding is also normal.
I know many are wondering about the new pics, they will be up. We are still waiting on the release form to be faxed before posting. He promised to fax them last week and we're still waiting.
Many have sent us great testimonials and we will not post any at the moment, they will be posted a month from now aka 2 months from the launch date. I personally think its early to tell. Trialist testimonials will be labelled and indicated. Normal user testimonials will be posted 2 months post launch. Interviews, forums. blogs and media need to contact us and schedule a time. I agreed for an interview via phone with the moderator here. I will call him soon.
For those in Asia, I will post the date for our tour in asia on the website soon. Please email info@agskinsolutions.com for more information. We have not scheduled Europe yet.
I will be back later .
Cheers,
AQ

Subb
Occasional Poster

Post by Subb » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 am

hi guys,

today was my first application.

i got a couple of questions for the other users.
from what if heard it is supposed to dry very quickly. i would like to know how long in minutes, because it takes about 15 minutes to dry, when i apply? is it possible that it doesn't go trough my scalp for a reason.
am i supposed to apply it on a dry scalp or a towel dry scalp.

thnx

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 am

I'm convinced NanoFibrin is allowing for better absorption of this product...or at least easier application(which means better absorption, right?). I decided to NanoFibrin again yesterday morning. This morning I didn't have the issues I had applying the AGHS as I did before..which was running down my face etc.

I haven't felt much tingling or anything(a bit after the first application, maybe) but I'm not worried. Using NanoFibrin may make it easier for the hairs to "push through" or whatever Dr. AQ was talking about...and he did say no tingling required. And as far as the scalp looking healthier etc- hard to tell. Since starting Elsom's Equisomin way back..and using their other topicals(which contain no alcohol or pg to dry/irritate/screw-up my scalp)..my scalp health has always been pretty good. But I have one vial to go yet..then it's the waiting game \:D/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:24 am

Subb wrote:hi guys,

today was my first application.

i got a couple of questions for the other users.
from what if heard it is supposed to dry very quickly. i would like to know how long in minutes, because it takes about 15 minutes to dry, when i apply? is it possible that it doesn't go trough my scalp for a reason.
am i supposed to apply it on a dry scalp or a towel dry scalp.

thnx
I'm not sure why it should dry quickly. It contains pg etc that should slow down the drying process. Soaking in may be what you're looking for though..and (when not using NanoFibrin prior to the AGHS) it takes a good half hour or more for mine to soak in enough so it's not noticeable.

I've been applying it to a towel dried scalp.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 pm

This question is for Dr. AQ or anyone who might know (bug seems to know alot),

I was using Ovation Cell Therapy for about 2 weeks before I got my AGHC. I stopped using it because I didnt want to it affect the HC. First question, does any of the ingredients in Ovation do anything for hairloss?

Deionized water, Stearalkonium Choride,Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

In the time that I was using it, I felt some of the same things that I am now feeling from AGHC. Healthier scalp, less shedding, thicker hair.

It is an everyday treatment which you put on in the shower and leave it in for 3-5 mins then rinse out. Honestly, my shedding stopped dramatically, and my hair felt thicker. But even on there website it doesnt really say how it stops hairloss. I talked to the president, Dallas Van Kemp (there is a video testimonial on him which convinced me to buy the product but the before and after is a little sketch) on the phone and what he said sounded alot like AGHC. But when I got my HC, I decide to not use the ovation because I didnt want the ovation to interfere with what the HC is doing.

My second question, if i started using ovation now, would it interfere with what the HC is doing to my hair?

Thanks for any help.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Mine dries pretty quickly, possibly because of the lasering. I'm using 3ml at a time.

Subb
Occasional Poster

Post by Subb » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Weird , because i also use a laser and also 3ml.. It still takes about 15 minutes
I have to say that with the 3 ml my hair is soaked.. Do you have the same astro?

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:50 pm

yup, head gets pretty soaked from 3ml. Its fairly dry by the time I've finished massaging and start the second laser, I let it sit for a min or two before I start massage so 6-8 min maybe? I shaved my head down to 1/4" so it can't really be that it's getting absorbed into hair.

I think that sounds about right, but I'll try and pay more attention next time.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:05 pm

hulihoop wrote:Jajo, just read your last post including your "protocol":
Sit with a hot towel (a la barbershop style) for 5 minutes to get blood flowing even more and open everything up...a compounding pharmacist once told me that a hydrated scalp is more efficient at transdermal absorption.
" My scalp was still a little damp when I applied the A&G. This left me worried I had made a mistake that would reduce the effectiveness of the product, after all the instructions clearly say "dry scalp". But if your pharmacist was correct that makes me feel better. I still think I am going to try with a totally dry scalp next time and see if there is a difference.
hulihoop -

I'm sure you know this already but there is a difference between a hydrated scalp (basically, the skin has taken on some water) and a wet scalp (residual water laying on the scalp) - you'll still want to pat it dry to make sure there is no residual water laying on the scalp before you apply the HC if this is as per the instructions.

Baccy wrote -

Ain't that the truth! So much so, it makes me dizzy sometimes as I try to decide "what to do"...;-)

As for dermarolling - I too will wait for a definitive answer (if one exists!) :-s

Jajo