A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

justthin
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by justthin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:14 pm

hairquest wrote:Sorry Dr AQ but not all the canadians have received their product!
I am a perfect example of that... :-s

When did you order?MAybe its just a matter of time as it was with mine and huli's.But the doc will def get you your product. Customs was rough on my product.

Going for another app tonight..still holding on to hope! :D

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 pm

justthin wrote:
hairquest wrote:Sorry Dr AQ but not all the canadians have received their product!

When did you order?MAybe its just a matter of time as it was with mine and huli's.But the doc will def get you your product. Customs was rough on my product.

My dear Justthin,
i've ordered my product the 19th of march, you see why i begin to be a little upset about it...
O:)

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 pm

hulihoop wrote:Hey Jajo and Baccy,

I thought I was the only 40 something fitness maniac around! ... Good luck to us old dogs and all the pups on here as well.

Hulihoop
Nope - you're not alone bro! ;-)

and yeah, it has more to do with how long your follicles have been beat up than your age. So you should be in good shape! If not with this one, with something down the road...

For the longest time this whole industry felt stalled (and for good reason) - I don't know, lately I have a gut feeling some things are coming that will turn this around. Maybe not one magic bullet but a convergence of a couple treatments/procedures. Who knows, maybe this is one of em... [-o< :-k

Jajo

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 am

hairquest wrote:
justthin wrote:

My dear Justthin,
i've ordered my product the 19th of march, you see why i begin to be a little upset about it...
O:)

Hairquest- have you informed Kim or the dr. about this. He will make sure you get it. Just let him know or email Kim and let her know. And yes I can see why you be upset.. O:)

Subb
Occasional Poster

Post by Subb » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 am

i'm getting pimples on my scalp. this worries me. i only did 4 treatments, stil have 3 vails left, but wondering if i should go ahead and ignore those pimples.
which is not that simple, knowing that they itch.

i;m also losing lot;s of hair while massaging, makes me sick

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

4 treatments here too! and...!

...nothing haha... seriously I haven't noticed anything different. Visually or with respect to any sort of feeling. :-s

Also a big middle finger to Canada Post for moving at snail pace and getting me none of my packages on time. :-"

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:47 pm

4 treatments in and, unlike astro, lots to talk about.

1. tingling. a little after 1st app, more after 2nd and intense after 3rd which lasted till next morning. Then just pretty much itchy scalp. Missed a treatment on Dr AQ's advice and then massaged less intensely on 4th. Little tingling and less itch but still an itch.

2. Shedding. Hardly any hairs on 1st app. 20-30 on each of 2nd and 3rd. Less in 4th. Still shedding though. 90+% are substantially shorter, finer and less pigmented than the hair I seem to be keeping. If I run my hand vigorously through my hair at any given time I am guaranteed to find a few of those hairs.

3. Scalp looks better but with the itch doesn't necessarily feel better. Hair is feeling dry and course. I think the complex is leaving a residue on it. btw...my hair is 1 1/2 inches long everywhere right now.

The itch is disconcerting when coupled with the shedding. Makes me wonder is this good or is it just more MPB and losing hair? Dr. AQ says it is good and to be expected. Strangely enough cosmetically the shedding so far isn't noticeable, in fact forward from my crown my hair actually seems thicker which I know it is not. Strange games the mind plays on you.

4 treatments for me was a week and a day. No time at all to guage results. This is a difficult time, especially when I am LOSING hair. I just can't wait till another 3 weeks or so when the applications are finished and small indications of results are supposed to start. At least then I'll either begin to know whether it works or it was a good try but in the end just a disappointment. Right now the not knowing is getting to me.

btw...I am lasering with a 380 diode OMG style helmet.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:22 pm

My hair loss is affecting my life, I cannot concentrate on much, I am always thinking about my hair, it makes me depressed and upset and it's just going to get worse over time, I don't know how I will manage. On the flip side, if A&G works or another product comes out in the near future which does work, I would probably reach the happiest I have ever been in my life... seriously, I would be so happy, I would actually cry I think!

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Subb wrote:i'm getting pimples on my scalp. this worries me. i only did 4 treatments, stil have 3 vails left, but wondering if i should go ahead and ignore those pimples.
which is not that simple, knowing that they itch.

i;m also losing lot;s of hair while massaging, makes me sick
Hi Subb.

I too am developing a number of pimples but as Dr. AQ said fairly recently about another member's pimples that this can be a sign for some that growth and re-development of hair/follicles is occurring.
I'll be up to my 6th treatment tonight and I still have new pimples appearing, as well as shedding from the obvious mechanical action of massaging but hang in there!
If this indeed works for us, it will be only a minor temporary setback.

I'm a diffuse thinner so it looks very scary when my hair is wet from the complex but I just switch off emotionally and focus on effectively performing the task of massaging. I quite like a scalp massage. :wink:

Hope this helps,

Justin.

PS. Just found the quote about pimples for you:
1..... wrote:i talked to the Dr. AQ on the phone today. Super nice guy. I asked him about the pimples bc had some pop up yesterday on my hairline, he said it was normal for it to happen (i forget the science he talked about behind it). Anyway, I'm seeing more hairs popping up on my hairline!

hairquest
Occasional Poster

Post by hairquest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Hairquest- have you informed Kim or the dr. about this. He will make sure you get it. Just let him know or email Kim and let her know. And yes I can see why you be upset.. O:)[/quote]

thanks Justthin,
And yep i did, she told me to wait , she was very nice indeed! but the waiting game is not funny anymore... :-k
by the way, hulyhoop, did you get my answer?
Astro boy, i could not say much better :-"

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:21 am

hulihoop wrote:4 treatments in and, unlike astro, lots to talk about.

1. tingling. a little after 1st app, more after 2nd and intense after 3rd which lasted till next morning. Then just pretty much itchy scalp. Missed a treatment on Dr AQ's advice and then massaged less intensely on 4th. Little tingling and less itch but still an itch.

2. Shedding. Hardly any hairs on 1st app. 20-30 on each of 2nd and 3rd. Less in 4th. Still shedding though. 90+% are substantially shorter, finer and less pigmented than the hair I seem to be keeping. If I run my hand vigorously through my hair at any given time I am guaranteed to find a few of those hairs.

3. Scalp looks better but with the itch doesn't necessarily feel better. Hair is feeling dry and course. I think the complex is leaving a residue on it. btw...my hair is 1 1/2 inches long everywhere right now.

The itch is disconcerting when coupled with the shedding. Makes me wonder is this good or is it just more MPB and losing hair? Dr. AQ says it is good and to be expected. Strangely enough cosmetically the shedding so far isn't noticeable, in fact forward from my crown my hair actually seems thicker which I know it is not. Strange games the mind plays on you.

4 treatments for me was a week and a day. No time at all to guage results. This is a difficult time, especially when I am LOSING hair. I just can't wait till another 3 weeks or so when the applications are finished and small indications of results are supposed to start. At least then I'll either begin to know whether it works or it was a good try but in the end just a disappointment. Right now the not knowing is getting to me.

btw...I am lasering with a 380 diode OMG style helmet.
hullihoop,

are you quitting either fin or dut while you started A&G? This is the only thing that would make sense, I don't think the stuff would actually make your hair worse after only a few treatments

Are any of the rest of you stopping some products while starting A&G?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:31 am

Nate,

Never taken fin or dut. Don't believe in screwing with my hormones like that.

Perhaps you didn't read my post thoroughly. It wasn't intended as a negative post. Yes, I am losing hair. It's called shedding. A number of the other guys are too. Yes my scalp is itchy, like the Dr. said it would be. It is creepy when you get that combination because that it what the worst phases of MPB are like. And yes there is a film or something on my hair from the complex that makes it dry. However, these can be taken as positive signs that the complex is doing something. I did say that the hairs I am losing are all short and weak. I also said it is not really cosmetically noticeable. I think it is probably a case of losing weak hairs so new hairs stronger hairs can grow from those follicles. I hope so. All I was saying is it is tough to now just sit and wait to see if it is going to do what it is advertised to do.

I will keep you posted.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 am

Well, today was my last application (I did 10 total, so it is day 19).. overall my experience is as follows...

Very little itchiness/tingling that I could positively correlate with A&G. The sensations I did have were very similar to what I have had for ages and always thought were negative signs of MPB.

I had severe dandruff for 3-4 days.

I believe I see some peach fuzz coming in at the temples and down towards the sideburn on the sides, whether or not this continues to grow is up in the air.

Good luck everybody!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:00 am

I'm about the same as you perga though I'm only on treatment 5/10, just some dandruff but not as much as you describe. Seems like the younger guys, myself and you, and I think some others.. aren't getting any tingle... I wonder why that is. It also seems that it's more than the 11% of people not feeling the tingle that Dr. AQ described. Maybe he can come and elaborate on that.

pute959
Occasional Poster

Post by pute959 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:55 am

I'm on my third apllicationday, also no tingle (24yr). how many apllicationsdays is advisable?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:13 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention... my scalp looks GREAT. I have a handheld USB microscope camera, and at x50 zoom, my head looks really spectacular. This could be a result of stopping my other topicals, or because of A&G... I can't be 100% sure, but if I had to guess, I would say it is because of A&G.

@pute: Dr. AQ mentioned it wouldn't hurt (and might help) if you stretch the treatments out. So if you only need to/want to use like half a bottle per application you can end up with 10 total applications; that's what I ended up doing.

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 pm

pute959 wrote:I'm on my third apllicationday, also no tingle (24yr). how many apllicationsdays is advisable?
Perhaps the tingle that the older guys are getting is because there is some serious repair work to be done. I haven't really had the tingle myself and the stinging that I DO get I put down to the application after dermarolling. I have, however, had some itching on the crown and just above my 'monk hairline', the fringe of hair around the head.

Maybe the guys really low down on the Norwood scale have less repair to do because their genetic template specifies Norwood 2, for example, at the age of 26.

Maybe we all have a specific Norwood level that the body classes as normal at a certain age. The Hair Complex is supposed to REPAIR, presumably to the individual's genetic template. But if your 'healthy genetic programming' says you're gonna have a NW2 hairline at 26 then maybe the AGHC can only rectify the situation to this particular baseline. Maybe some people are programmed to develop a 'mature hairline' but in some cases, the balding effect slips out of control and the process goes too far as the chemical needed to inhibit the loss is not triggered. I don't know.

I've personally seen men that receded in their twenties to a NW2 and did not go any further. Is this possibly an example of the body 'getting it right'?

So many unanswered questions about this seemingly simple biological process.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:34 pm

I only really have one other guess, is that my hair type is different. When I look at the sides of my head not affected by mpb the amount of hairs as the top of my head is relatively the same however the individual shafts are much much thicker. I'd say probably 2-3x as thick. So possibly my problem is not so much dormant follicles need to be pushed through the scalp but the existing follicles need to produce thicker hairs. It's just a guess but maybe that's why I don't feel anything.

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:29 pm

@perga can you show us the high resolution comparison pics?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 am

OK guys, here is the update as of my last application. I didn't finish the 5 vials but did finish 5 treatments. Opted not to do more because the complex is progressively irritating my scalp. The last one ended up feeling like (and looking like) a bad sunburn. I ended up washing it all off before 8 hours and covering my head in emu oil. A few applications of that, left on for a good 6 to 8 hours has brought my scalp back to what it approaching normal. Sadly, I can't say the A&G complex has helped my scalp health. After the first couple of treatments I could have said that as it appeared really good, but since then no way. I believe it is the PG in the complex that I have developed a sensitivity to. My options are to wait and try the complex again sometime down the road when my scalp is much healthier or try a similar product being developed that is based on nanosomes and doesn't need PG.

Anyway, after all the shedding that was associated with using the HC I have to say it is not cosmetically visible. In fact my good hair actually appears thicker at the roots than before and, honestly, I don't think I am imagining that. Also, I don't want to jinx it, but shedding has more or less totally stopped. My scalp is returning to normal in terms of appearance and feel after application of the emu oil but it still a little itchy and even tingly like it was after applications 1, 2, and 3. Hopefully that is a good sign but only time will tell.

I know I wasn't able to get through all 5 vials which is disappointing. I was hoping to get in 8 or 9 treatments and instead got 5. I also know that an inflamed scalp is not conducive to hair growth/health and even counter productive. I am hoping however that since the stimulation my follicles appeared to be getting was pretty intense, through the first 3 treatments especially, there is something good that might still happen. Sadly I know if at all it won't be what it could have been, but since I am catching my hair loss relatively early that might be ok. I'd settle for no more hair loss and even a modest amount of thickening and regrowth would be a dream. Today is day 11 since i started. I am continuing to laser as always. The waiting begins....

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 am

hulihoop wrote:Anyway, after all the shedding that was associated with using the HC ... shedding has more or less totally stopped.
Well, not to rain on the parade, but after a shed which only leaves the healthiest, strongest hairs, shedding would obviously be halted. It does not mean things are improving. Just that you have no more "loose" hairs to shed.

Let's say I treated my scalp with some hair removal cream. It would make lots of my hair fall out temporarily, especially hairs which were about to fall out soon. After the initial shed, I could then state that my shedding has been halted. That does not mean the treatment is helpful, if you see my point.

But let's hope for the best! Thanks for the update! Please continue to give objective feedback, it really is invaluable!

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am

p__ wrote:
hulihoop wrote:Anyway, after all the shedding that was associated with using the HC ... shedding has more or less totally stopped.
Well, not to rain on the parade, but after a shed which only leaves the healthiest, strongest hairs, shedding would obviously be halted. It does not mean things are improving. Just that you have no more "loose" hairs to shed.

Let's say I treated my scalp with some hair removal cream. It would make lots of my hair fall out temporarily, especially hairs which were about to fall out soon. After the initial shed, I could then state that my shedding has been halted. That does not mean the treatment is helpful, if you see my point.

But let's hope for the best! Thanks for the update! Please continue to give objective feedback, it really is invaluable!
Sorry to hear about the situation huli! Have you considered not using the laser and continuing the HC?Maybe its the combo of the two. I have to disagree with p__.Only because No matter how many showers or shampooing or gelling etc..I would always have hair fallout. I seem to have had the same experiance as you huli , where in the beginning I would massage and see lots of hair. Massaged again last night and alot harder and longer and only a few hairs 5-10 were on my fingers this time. If your MPB is progressing I cannot see why it would stop shedding when more andmore hairs are becoming weaker and weaker. It really should be a never ending cycle unless ur done with MPB progression.You can find somethings that would help the shedding but not stop it completely. I have not stopped shedding hairs for a year or so untill last night...I don;t think I have run out of weak hairs that will fallout tho.When I do my next app I garauntee that I will see a few more hairs on my hands...hair falls out when you don;t have MPB as well.

Thanks god its slowed way down and actually things look better.Hair and scalp feel healthier and because I shaved down to a 3 gaurd, I can see the thicker hairs near my scalp. all in all it looks promising to say the least.

Keep hope alive guys!!lol

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:20 pm

justthin wrote:Only because No matter how many showers or shampooing or gelling etc..I would always have hair fallout. I seem to have had the same experiance as you huli , where in the beginning I would massage and see lots of hair. Massaged again last night and alot harder and longer and only a few hairs 5-10 were on my fingers this time. If your MPB is progressing I cannot see why it would stop shedding when more andmore hairs are becoming weaker and weaker. It really should be a never ending cycle unless ur done with MPB progression.
I think you are missing my point. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the HC immediately causes a shed of hairs which would otherwise have shedded within the next month or so. After that your shedding will subside until a month has passed. The fact that no hairs are falling out in the mean time does not mean that the continuous process of shedding has actually been stopped. It only means that you are ahead of time on your shedding "schedule" so to speak.

Look at it this way, if you took a pair of tweezers and manually plucked all the hairs from your head that are "loose", i.e. hairs that would most likely be falling out soon, it would be inaccurate to say that you have stopped shedding just because you won't see any hairs falling out the next couple of weeks. You already plucked those hairs! But in a while, the shedding will continue and you will be at the exact same position that you would be if you hadn't plucked your hair in the first place.

Now, I'm not saying this must be the case. My point is that you cannot unequivocally conclude that shedding has stopped based on Hulihoop's observations.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:10 pm

I react badly to PG as well... I wish vendors would just stop using the stuff.... sorry to hear about your situation hulihoop.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Is it possible for A&G to make an alternative batch of Hair Complex for those reacting badly to PG?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Actually _p I agree with you! I don't necessarily believe that the HC has stopped my shedding or hair loss. I do believe it induced a shed of weaken, miniaturized hairs and that all of those are pretty much gone now. That makes me happy because I appear to have lots of hair left that looks healthy. Honestly, since starting lasers in January there has been a HUGE difference in the quality of my hair in the MPB area. I also think I see thickening at the base of the hairs just since starting the HC although I could be imagining that. All I know is I have shed a ton and yet my hair looked great today and I still have full coverage with only the crown and left temple as real trouble spots. I was getting worried because when you shed you wonder "is it all going to fall out?". However I believe that with lasers and the rest of my regimen, not to mention whatever the HC contributes that I can keep those healthy hairs healthy and that means keep my hair. I know you are over a regrowth as well and look at the success people there have had with lasers stopping hair loss in its tracks. Hopefully as well the HC can lead to those shed hairs being replaced with healthy ones but only time will tell.

Morph, you know what is crazy? My scalp looks and feels great today which is insane after looking so red and feeling so "sunburned" after my last application of the HC. So hopefully the 5 treatments will still be effective and I can still get some benefit from it. I can try to use the HC I have left again at some point in the future.

Thanks guys for your interest and support!

Huli

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:33 pm

goten574 wrote:Is it possible for A&G to make an alternative batch of Hair Complex for those reacting badly to PG?
That's an excellent idea!

Dr AQ, you said that there was only a small amount of PG in the HC. Roughly how many percent is it? What are your thoughts on making an additional product with some other vehicle? I know it has been brought up a few times already... :)
hulihoop wrote:Actually _p I agree with you! I don't necessarily believe that the HC has stopped my shedding or hair loss.
Well, I guess a temporary shed is bearable anyway, as long as the HC grows hair in the long run. Keeping my fingers crossed for all the baldies out there! :)

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 pm

p__ wrote:
justthin wrote:Only because No matter how many showers or shampooing or gelling etc..I would always have hair fallout. I seem to have had the same experiance as you huli , where in the beginning I would massage and see lots of hair. Massaged again last night and alot harder and longer and only a few hairs 5-10 were on my fingers this time. If your MPB is progressing I cannot see why it would stop shedding when more andmore hairs are becoming weaker and weaker. It really should be a never ending cycle unless ur done with MPB progression.
I think you are missing my point. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the HC immediately causes a shed of hairs which would otherwise have shedded within the next month or so. After that your shedding will subside until a month has passed. The fact that no hairs are falling out in the mean time does not mean that the continuous process of shedding has actually been stopped. It only means that you are ahead of time on your shedding "schedule" so to speak.

Look at it this way, if you took a pair of tweezers and manually plucked all the hairs from your head that are "loose", i.e. hairs that would most likely be falling out soon, it would be inaccurate to say that you have stopped shedding just because you won't see any hairs falling out the next couple of weeks. You already plucked those hairs! But in a while, the shedding will continue and you will be at the exact same position that you would be if you hadn't plucked your hair in the first place.
Now, I'm not saying this must be the case. My point is that you cannot unequivocally conclude that shedding has stopped based on Hulihoop's observations.

exactly P_, I agree. I think my point was basically that even though you may shed alot less..you will still see shedding if your MPB is progressing. If it has stopped the MPB process then I can see all but the natural shedding to occur (20-100 hairs naturally a day). In the meantime your hairs will continue to weaken and fall out if your MPB has not been adreesed and is still attacking your hair.So in essence you are never really NOT gonna shed at least something.So if the HC is working and forcing out the weak hairs to make room for thicker hair then Huli..I would keep your hopes up.Premature "ejecting" of weaker hairs to me sounds a bit like the HC is working to an extent. Jus my 2 cents.. O:)

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Dr,AQ i see that you're online..some comments and questions..i'm almost finished with my last bottle..i probably get 1-2 more treatments for total of 12-13 treatments..you stated earlier in the thread that HC is not dose dependent so i feel confident that i didnt under use it..i never really had a tngle, maybe something slight for a short period of time..but sometimes the next day i did feel kind of itchy & gemerally my scalp never itches..i cant say that my scalp feels healthier because i dont think it was in a poor state to begin with..i also never had any peeling or anything like some other members reported, nor did i experience any increased shedding..i do think that some of the healthier hairs hve grown a bit because they kind of stick up past the shorter ones and make me look like have a bit of the "frizzies".., (which is a plus b/c they never grow in length, they just shed, grow in a little shorter and thinner until they're eventually gone).

my main hope is that
1) it will get my terminal hairs all growing again because they really dont grow..
2) that the complex gets the very short terminal hairs to grow
3) that it will get the short minitarized terminal hairs to grow
4) and finally that it will get the tiny (1/8" in length) thin, lightly colored hairs to grow and thicken.

any actual regrowth would be an added bonus..
juding by the results of the trials and of results attained at allure how possible do my expectations seem? if you could please comment on each (1-4)
this is the program i followed
laser with a 2 1/2" x 5" 80 diode device in 3 sections (starting from the hailine back..) i treated area 1 for 15 minutes..applied the HC massaged for 5= minutes then lasered for an additional 5 minutes and moved onto area 2 doing the same as i did for area 1 and finished up with area 3..
i didnt wash the complex out for at least 14 hours..
on the off days i applied my usual products 2 times in a day(virile mane and Nanominox which is a minoxidal based formula with finstearide and some other ingredients)..
being that i did the lasers and HC at night on the HC days i was still able to apply the nanominox and virile mane early in the day..I NEVER allowed my other products to be applied within 6-8 hours of the HC..again doc..what do you think and please, if you would, answer 1-4 and feel free to add any addional comments..oh..btw i;m a diffuse thinner

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:08 pm

damn!! i type to slow..the doc is gone..

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Hello everyone..
I hope you guys had a great weekend. Again thank you for all the kind emails and for sharing with us your results. I know English is not your first language but don't worry we still understand the emails and please keep them coming.
http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/mv ... 321/0/160/
This is a link to a German forum who is following the A&G HC closely and I am sadden that my German is not good. :D I think its the longest thread in europe.
We are now considering a tour to Europe to give talks about the technology and connect with our users. It will be around July 2009. The countries will be Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy and another to be decided later. In regards to the Asian tour, we will be in Japan, S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. More detail will be available on our website. the dates will be May 22- June 1st.

Sorry guys about the above intro. Many have been asking me about it.

Ok, so PG is causing some problems to some, we will be looking into an alternative but for now, this formula is the most effective and stable out of all that we tried. I like the idea of making some patches for those who have a reaction to it. I will look into it.
The itching/tingling sensation: Its not necessary to have these sensations and they can't be used as indication of effectiveness. however, our trialists have experienced different degrees of it and that is why I mentioned it. Generally, they are good signs and yes, the more repair you need the more reaction you will experience.
Hair shedding, is normal and expected. Many of these hairs are trapped in the follicle shaft and prevent the regrowth of a new healthier hair from growing. They also contribute to scalp irritation. MPB shedding is different from what huli is experiencing and others. MPB is continuous and hair shedding keep going up until there is no more. HC shedding start high and get reduced as time goes by. Also, you will notice that the hair shed caused by HC consist of short hairs mainly, where as MPB shedding contain different hair length. One more thing, when the base of the hair is way thicker than the tip, the tip tend to break easily.
I know its early to give the HC credit yet and many will think twice before doing so but make no mistake, these signs are all positive and I am thrilled by them. I am tuly happy for everyone here and I think I am going to hear ' YEAH BABY ' soon \:D/
I will continue to monitor the forums and follow up with those who are using it now and will keep you posted with all the new developments.
Before i go, someone asked me if this will work for women and the answer is YES. I have to say that our female customers are using it mostly for hair repair and hair thickening. It showed great results for those with bold spots. Many who've been bleaching their hair for a long time caused follicle damage, the HC will help repair the follicle and restore the original color.
I know we have some female readers here and I know I promised some of you that I will address women related hair issues separately. I am working with a woman here who is using the HC now and after she's done with the treatments, I will give her an interview and she will be able to speak of her experience with the A&G Hair complex. She has her own blog and will write about it in details. I will post the link here and I know many will pass it to the other forums.

Good night..

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 pm

my main hope is that
1) it will get my terminal hairs all growing again because they really dont grow..
2) that the complex gets the very short terminal hairs to grow
3) that it will get the short minitarized terminal hairs to grow
4) and finally that it will get the tiny (1/8" in length) thin, lightly colored hairs to grow and thicken.

tough to answer, I know you will see improvements in all of the above, I just can't give you an exact answer. From what you wrote, I think you are on the right track and You will have great results.
I THINK YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE REASONABLE.
Things will only get better from now on, give yourself sometime.

Good night...

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 am

@nix: sure I'll put some on my blog thing on this site. The problem, however, is that the way it looks is VERY dependent on the time of day you check, and I was NOT consistent with these both when I took them and even taking them at all. For example, I have some from the morning after shower and it makes my head look like a wasteland of dried skin... but by evening of the same day it looks shiny/greasy and just completely different.

I have almost an OCD about checking around on my head though, and based on what I have seen (on average) from the HC, I am convinced it helped my head look and feel healthier.

I will post what I have after work though, so you don't think I'm totally full of it :).

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 am

What sort of other vehicle could be used instead of PG? How about Jojoba Oil? Or is this not possible?

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Question for Dr. AQ:

With the complex, can hair shaft thickness increase without shedding first? Or would we have to wait for hair to shed and cycle normally? How does this work?

Thanks.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Well..tingling came back after todays app.Some itching as well but nothing major. One vile left and if I am not seeing things, there are a couple hairs along hairline that are new and in the temple region I feel like I am gaining ground. I have some short hairs that used to be almost vellous in the temple area and they seem to be coming back to life! I don;t wanna jinx this but I guess I should report that the hair over my entire head seem to be getting a bit thicker..nothing drastic but I can def see less scalp through my hair even when wet. I have it shaved to a 3 gaurd now and usually its totally see through as a diffuse thinner.It seems that my scalp is a little less visable..crossing fingers!

I stopped using Niz the day I started AGHC and I only use jasons biotin shampoo and H&S. Now my hair and scalp are def healthier and my hair has lost alot of the straw like feeling.

Again, nothing major or overly dramatic to report but things seem to be going in the right direction..still holding on to hope O:)

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 pm

hulihoop wrote:OK guys, here is the update as of my last application. I didn't finish the 5 vials but did finish 5 treatments. Opted not to do more because the complex is progressively irritating my scalp. The last one ended up feeling like (and looking like) a bad sunburn. I ended up washing it all off before 8 hours and covering my head in emu oil.
Sorry to hear about this my friend!

This is the same reaction I had years ago to Rogaine and as mentioned last week, the remaining reason I hadnt yet pulled the trigger on this stuff. Now that I've read your report, I don't think it would be a good idea for me since I've had this type response before to PG.

So I guess my question is now this - what could you swap out the PG with that would be a quick fix to this problem and keep the product as effective (if not better)? Doc!?

Jajo

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Dr AQ

Did any of the people in your trials grow hair in front of their receding hairlines? (See the red circled area of the attached picture.)
In other words did anybody go from a Norwood IV to a Norwood II or I ?
Thanks bug
norwood02.jpg
norwood02.jpg (13.88 KiB) Viewed 39315 times

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello everyone,

Astro_boy : hair thickening takes place at the base or inside the follicle, based on the stage of the hair, determines the shedding.

Jojo: at this time I can't think of any alternative. I am still not sure if the PG is the reason behind huli reaction. We shall wait for his next update and see if it's the real cause.

Bug: sorry for the late answer buddy, my bad. The answer is YES. We've seen a total reverse of MPB in some of the trials, to the point were I had to go back and check it myself. I also think, 1.. here is showing regrowth on his front.

Good night..

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:Hello everyone,

Bug: sorry for the late answer buddy, my bad. The answer is YES. We've seen a total reverse of MPB in some of the trials, to the point were I had to go back and check it myself.
WOW!!

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 pm

hey everyone,

I decided to join you all as the guinea pigs of this product and have just purchased mine

I was really glad that credit card was now an option, and this was a huge factor in swaying me

Now i'm just going to have to figure out how to incorporate my topical dut (which i would love to drop one day) into the mix, and I ordered some of nidhogge's growth factors too, I don't know the best way to use those with the complex either. Maybe I should give the complex a fair shot first, assess things, try to eventually back off of the dutasteride and see if any of my hair sticks around (which has not been the case in the past), if this fails, then give the other growth factors a try

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Dr AQ, thanks as always for helping us with our queries. We're (still :wink: ) eagerly awaiting those signed release forms that will allow you to present more pics on your website, if that was the limiting factor as you suggested (from memory).
Has any progress been made on that front yet?

Best of success to us all,

Justin

anton
Occasional Poster

Post by anton » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:34 am

Hi all,
I have completed 6 applications of the Complex and it's time for my update!
So far so good. There has been some increase in scalp skin turnover which the Doc has said is an expected outcome but it's nothing major. Just a little bit of dandruff at times. Now for the definite change I have seen. In the past if I did not wash my hair daily it would get oily and my scalp would also get oily by the time I'd go to sleep at night and by the next morning it'd be an oily mess. After my 2nd Complex application which was on a Sunday afternoon I purposely did not wash my hair all Monday (public holiday) to maximise the time the Complex was in my hair. I noticed that neither my hair or scalp were very oily but was not sure it was due to the Complex. Well my 5th application was the Saturday that went past and I did not wash my hair till around midday on Monday as I had a day off. I still had a daily shower though! :D So roughly 2.5 days. Well my hair looked exactly like it did on Saturday. Hardly any sign of oily hair or scalp. So there's definately some change taking place. I think someone else here has also reported the same thing a few pages back. As for hair thickening/regrowth I obviously can't say anything yet.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 am

TOTAL REVERSAL!? I'll turn religious is this gives me total reversal

lucy923

Post by lucy923 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:37 am

Well guys I started my applications on April 1st and finished up on April 16th with 8 applications and I have shed a little as my hair is overall generally a little thinner. I will update my situation here when I notice changes. I can't seem to find it but when did Dr A say that one will generally start to notice results. I believe he said that change could possibly be noticed for the better after 3 weeks and peak results at 8-12 weeks?????

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 am

Dr.AQ wrote:We've seen a total reverse of MPB in some of the trials, to the point were I had to go back and check it myself.
In subjects with androgenic alopecia? Not alopecia areata or something else? Male subjects? And when you say total reversal, does that mean that the subjects went from about NW7 to NW1 or thereabout? In such a case, post the photo evidence here or on your site and you will get a "YEAH BABY" from me for sure! :D
Last edited by p__ on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 am

p__ wrote:
Dr.AQ wrote:We've seen a total reverse of MPB in some of the trials, to the point were I had to go back and check it myself.
In subjects with andogenic alopecia? Not alopecia areata or something else? Male subjects? And when you say total reversal, does that mean that the subjects went from about NW7 to NW1 or thereabout? In such a case, post the photo evidence here or on your site and you will get a "YEAH BABY" from me for sure! :D
From me too, but I don't believe it until I see pictures

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 am

So it looks like I'm another Canadian who didn't receive their order. I normally order supplements from a company in California called iHerb. I ordered from them on April 14th and used their slowest and cheapest shipping method(first class mail). I ordered the AGHC 4 days earlier on April 10th and apparently it is shipped via Priority post(much faster than first class mail). I received my iherb first class mail package from California today.

:(

bug

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 am

Like Anton, I have also noted less oily scalp and less tightness to the scalp resulting in it not shining so much. As a NW7, this in itself is a plus but I'm not ready to comment on any further results yet. I remain optimistic with a healthy dose of scepticism.

I am applying the penultimate treatment tonight.

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 am

Not is necessary other pictures, pictures can be modified
I want to see results on my head, I want to see to grow hair on my head where now are very little.
Stop words and promises, we want results and only results that we can to see and to appreciate