A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

valderama
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by valderama » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 pm

my laser brush only has 5 diodes so i can only do a small area before each application and i got a tingle both times in areas where i had nt used the llt. i found it curious on the second application the areas at the sides and back where i dont have mpb tingled more. although my forehead tingled quite a lot too where i have no hair. anyway my third application is tomorrow.

aviador
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Dr.AQ wrote: p.s. aviador: can you let us know once you get the product in France, I want to know how long does it take to get there. Thank you.
Yeah I will do :)

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:35 pm

i used the complex and i have 75-80 diode gutter guard mesh..i lasered in 3 sections..doing 1for 15 minutes applied complex, massaged and then lasered for an additional 5 minutes and i didnt get the tingle burn etc..so no, its not everyone who lasered that got that feeling..

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Lasers here too and no tingle either. So no. If my derma roller ever gets here I'm curious to see if I get any feeling with that.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm

I used my dermaroller from application 6-10 and still no tingle/itch.

hairsucks
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Nothing at the moment.

Post by hairsucks » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi all, great forum,

I'm very tempted to buy this hair complex, mainly because I can't use fin and minox, I've just been using laser for the last 10 months, and the odd natural topical.

I think I'll wait it out for a little more user feedback first, should only be a month or two and people might have noticed something or nothing?

Anyway, good luck guys!

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

hairsucks wrote:Hi all, great forum,

I'm very tempted to buy this hair complex, mainly because I can't use fin and minox, I've just been using laser for the last 10 months, and the odd natural topical.

I think I'll wait it out for a little more user feedback first, should only be a month or two and people might have noticed something or nothing?

Anyway, good luck guys!
Yes, hopefully in a month or two, there would be sufficient feedback for me and you to decide if we should purchase Hair Complex.

@ Kamui,

As stated in this thread numerous times, the absence of a tingle or itch doesn't mean the complex doesn't work for you.

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:57 pm

I completed my last treatment tonight. I used a dermaroller each time and got some minor itching after the last few applications. Nothing major. Now, I'll play the waiting game.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:07 pm

I would like to know all those who have used A&G Hair Complex, if you had your hair shaved before the process? I have thinning in the vertex and back but still have a good amount of hair.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 pm

nope..didnt shave..diffuse thinner..

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Dr AQ,

Are you confident enough with Hair Complex to give anyone who tried the product and saw no results a full or partial refund?

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

goten574 wrote:Dr AQ,

Are you confident enough with Hair Complex to give anyone who tried the product and saw no results a full or partial refund?
That's absurd. Who does that? How would A&G be able to verify it didn't work at all? Sounds to me like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

How about A&G refunds the shipping costs...oh wait a minute...they ship it for free :P

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 pm

bug wrote:

That's absurd. Who does that? How would A&G be able to verify it didn't work at all? Sounds to me like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

How about A&G refunds the shipping costs...oh wait a minute...they ship it for free :P
Isn't your statement true for any product? (hair loss or not) Why would any company offer a money back guarantee? the fact is, some do and have done for a long time. Even some so called hair loss products and shampoos say they give money back if no results are seen in x amount of time. These companies don't ask for verfication but I guess if you take regular scalp pictures, this is enough proof that Hair Complex isn't working and you request a refund.

Why would someone suffering from hair loss lie about a product just to get a bit of money back? Many of us would pay thousands to have a good amount of hair on our heads for a long time so £200 to achieve that is nothing.

This is why I said full OR PARTIAL refund since shipping is free.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 pm

goten574 wrote:
bug wrote:

Isn't your statement true for any product? (hair loss or not) Why would any company offer a money back guarantee? the fact is, some do and have done for a long time. Even some so called hair loss products and shampoos say they give money back if no results are seen in x amount of time. These companies don't ask for verfication but I guess if you take regular scalp pictures, this is enough proof that Hair Complex isn't working and you request a refund.

Why would someone suffering from hair loss lie about a product just to get a bit of money back? Many of us would pay thousands to have a good amount of hair on our heads for a long time so £200 to achieve that is nothing.

This is why I said full OR PARTIAL refund since shipping is free.
Seriously give your head a shake.

What legitimate company provides a product that is applied one time and then gives your money back 4 months later if you don't like it? Especially a product that costs more than 49.99 "As Seen on TV". Please provide a link.

Are you going to return the product for your refund? Oh wait...you cant its a one time application.
Are you going to return half of it? Oh wait you cant its been used completely.

If A&G did what you describe then every single person on the planet would get the product for free.

Money back guarantee is a gimmick that nobody takes advantage of because the "handling charges" outweigh the hassle of returning your $30 shampoo and that is why these scam companies offer it. They know they will still make profits even if the product is a scam because only a small percentage will return it. You want a clear sign of a scam...look for something cheap that has a money back guarantee.

Additionally there are no 100% guarantees that any treatment will work. I sure wish Rogaine and Propecia had guarantees. Id be much wealthier right now.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 am

Just finished my final application and if I'm not deluding myself, it appears that the vellus hairs in front of my receding hairline which are closer to the apex of the V shape (a less-sharp V pattern mind you) are longer than the 1-2mm ones that are elsewhere and are now in the 3-4 mm range. I've checked it over and over and it definitely seems that they have lengthened.

It may be too early to tell but it certainly looks encouraging. I use a strong torch shining on the forehead/hairline to note any minor changes that may be occurring and I feel this may be one of them.
Hoping for the best,

Justin.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:50 am

Well I just applied my 1st dose of 2ml(1/3 of a bottle) I plan on only using 2ml every second day for 15 treatments over 30 days.

Before my shower:
I used facial wax strips and waxed away all the <1mm colourless fuzz/hair from the slick bald areas. This initiates anagen.

I used a foam nail file on one temple until I got a sunburn type effect.

During Shower:
I used a pumice stone on bald areas in the shower on wet skin.

After the shower:
On hydrated skin(excess water removed) I applied 1ml of AGHC and messaged for about 3 minutes then I applied another 1ml and messaged again for about 5 minutes.

No strange tingling except for the burning sensation of applying alcohol to abraded skin. This went away in less than a minute.

No lasers and no dermaroller.

Ive stopped all other treatments.

cheers
bug

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 pm

good luck bug
the instruction says it should be applied on a dry scalp. I find this curious because a hydrated scalp absorbs much better

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Hey nix

Where is the rest of the gang? The old site is shut down and I got an email about a new one that I cant seem to join.

bug

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Hey bug,

I'm very interested in following your progress, can you please post your results after each application? Maybe you can start your own thread? O:)

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:52 pm

bug wrote:Well I just applied my 1st dose of 2ml(1/3 of a bottle) I plan on only using 2ml every second day for 15 treatments over 30 days.

Before my shower:
I used facial wax strips and waxed away all the <1mm colourless fuzz/hair from the slick bald areas. This initiates anagen.

I used a foam nail file on one temple until I got a sunburn type effect.

During Shower:
I used a pumice stone on bald areas in the shower on wet skin.

After the shower:
On hydrated skin(excess water removed) I applied 1ml of AGHC and messaged for about 3 minutes then I applied another 1ml and messaged again for about 5 minutes.

No strange tingling except for the burning sensation of applying alcohol to abraded skin. This went away in less than a minute.

No lasers and no dermaroller.

Ive stopped all other treatments.

cheers
bug

bug -

Sounds like a "sound" regimen! ;-)

Good luck bud! I look forward to hearing your input!

Jajo

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Hello everyone..

I think Bug gave a good answer for the refund. Thanks and good luck I am sure you will be pleased with the HC.

updates on the pictures situation: I got an email from a clinic telling me that they should have some pics for us early next week. :D
some of the pictures taken showed peoples faces and those people decline or did not sign the release forms. Some were of a bad quality and we decided not to show them. Others are using the pictures to bargain with us to give them some sort of exclusivity with the HC. I admit that this is our fault and we are doing our best to fix them. We did not anticipate this to be an issue, thus we did not include a clause in the agreement forms. Live and learn.

Have a great weekend Gents..

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:42 pm

bug wrote: Seriously give your head a shake.

What legitimate company provides a product that is applied one time and then gives your money back 4 months later if you don't like it? Especially a product that costs more than 49.99 "As Seen on TV". Please provide a link.

Are you going to return the product for your refund? Oh wait...you cant its a one time application.
Are you going to return half of it? Oh wait you cant its been used completely.

If A&G did what you describe then every single person on the planet would get the product for free.

Money back guarantee is a gimmick that nobody takes advantage of because the "handling charges" outweigh the hassle of returning your $30 shampoo and that is why these scam companies offer it. They know they will still make profits even if the product is a scam because only a small percentage will return it. You want a clear sign of a scam...look for something cheap that has a money back guarantee.

Additionally there are no 100% guarantees that any treatment will work. I sure wish Rogaine and Propecia had guarantees. Id be much wealthier right now.
Below are a few hairloss products that offer a money back guarantee. I do not know if these products work (just like we don't know if A&G work) but I am just stating their money back gurantees. I also haven't read into the conditions for the money back gurantees but anwyay...:

http://www.hairlossreviews.net/ (all products featured a money back gurantee)

http://www.combat-hair-loss.co.uk/nanogen/

http://www.profollica.com/

http://www.quickhairlosstreatment.com/e ... rmula.html

There are some health growth clinics as well who give a 6 month money back guarantee if there is no noticeable improvement.

How could A&G offer this? Perhaps only offering a money back gurantee if the following conditions are met:

- Pictures of the scalp are taking once every 2 weeks for x duration (e.g. 16 months) and sent to A&G. These pictures would have to show no improvement in hair or show less hair in the last week than in the first
- Empty bottles are returned to A&G at users own expense as proof to show you owned and used the product

I was just wondering if the good Dr is confident enough to offer this, I am not demanding it, I am just curious. After good feedback of A&G has been left by members here in the near future, and if it turns out that A&G works well, this would give me the confidence to purchase that I'am lacking at the moment. Rogaine and Propecia never claim to do what A&G said their Hair Complex can do, so they shouldn't offer a money back gurantee.

As I said, I know exactly how people who are suffering hair loss are feeling as I am experiencing it too. Most here would pay thousands to ensure we kept our hair, some would pay thousands each year too. If A&G worked, I wouldn't think anyone would try and cheat A&G out of their money as they would be extremely happy that $200 had saved their hair. Again, if the above two conditions for a money back gurantee were met, I doubt anyone would go through the process of lying as hair loss victims are extremely grateful.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

This is my last reply on this ridiculous topic of returns.

As I already explained those companies produce their bogus products in some factory in china for $1 a bottle. They sell a 90 or 120 day supply to you for $150 bucks plus shipping and handling. When you return the unused portion (which they require) they keep the shipping and handling cost plus you have to pay to ship it back. So even if you bothered to return the product before 30 or 60 or 90 days(most people wait at least 120 days before they are sure it doesn't work) they still profit from the so called "shipping and handling costs"

So the above companies require you to return the unused portion before 30 or 60 or 90 days(so basically return the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the product)

So would you be happy if A&G offered the same sort of deal? Use 3/5ths of the product and then return it? "A&G: Since our treatment is only 5 doses over 10 days we will offer you an 8 day money back guarantee but you have to return the last 2 unused bottle within 8 days and you have to pay for all shipping and handling charges" Crazy

Finally your picture idea makes no sense either. How would they know when the pictures were taken? How do they know they weren't all taken the same day? How do they even know the pictures are you? Crazy

Buy your lottery ticket and take your chances but if you dont win you dont get your money back.

Reply if you want but im done with this silly topic.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Bug-

I'm familiar with plucking hairs to induce anagen but have also read that the plucking of thousands of hairs might be required to truly induce anagen in a non-rodent setting. What's your take on that?

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Dr.AQ wrote: ...updates on the pictures situation: I got an email from a clinic telling me that they should have some pics for us early next week. :D ...
Many thanks for your efforts Doc! They are very much appreciated. :)
Best wishes,

Justin.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 pm

chore boy wrote:Bug-

I'm familiar with plucking hairs to induce anagen but have also read that the plucking of thousands of hairs might be required to truly induce anagen in a non-rodent setting. What's your take on that?
Hi Chore boy

Well Id have to read the paper to comment on it :) Do you have a link or citation? Id like to read it

Its pretty common practice to depilate hairs to induce anagen in mice and in human grafted skin to immunodeficient mice. Im not sure there would be thousands of hairs on a small skin graft on a small mouse. I realize thats not the same as a human but Im not aware of such experiments on humans.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:37 am

:lol:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 am

On this money back thing..I don't know what the big deal is. He's just asking IF Dr. AQ could do such a thing. Numerous skin-care companies also have such offers/guarantees. Call it a gimmick- most end up not asking for money back regardless of the outcome(just like with rebates etc on any product- many do not or forget to send them in) or the terms are wacky.. call it what you want..but they are out there.

Even Dr. Proctor offers a money back guarantee: http://www.gohair.com/hair-loss-products-3.htm
The cost is $59.95 for a two month's supply and $109.95 for a four month's supply. These carry a two or four month money back guarantee.
Now there are many things one can say about it being only 2 and 4 months..pro and con(for both the consumer and Dr. P)..but he does offer it.

I don't think A&G needs to offer one..it's up to them. My guarantee is that if they did, some would be happy..and some would scream about the terms or whatever.

And hey..about website updates. Notice Dr. P's website- here's the homepage: http://www.doctorproctor.com/ That website isn't the only one.. he has tons of the same website under different urls/domain names. And they've been like they are for what..10 years?? The only update I've seen is the new product being listed. So..A&G does have a bit more time...IMO :-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:51 am

chore boy wrote:Bug-

Ask Ernie.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 am

Even though the pictures on Dr. Proctor's site are low resolution, they do a very good job on showing the regrowth. However, as you said, these pictures haven't changed in 10 years (in fact, I'll bet it's longer than that). If his product really worked, wouldn't they have more pictures throughout the years? I think those pictures do his products a disservice because they have "expired". Also, I have used his products, and mostly they did nothing. His Nano shampoo helped a bit (but was too expensive).

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 am

The company/product(s) he's saying are infringing on his patents(possibly) look good to me: http://pureology.com/systems/nanoworks/shampoo They're expensive too though.

Just a bit off topic :-s

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Come on bug, you gave me no reason why my money back guarantee wouldn't work for A&G... not sure why you insist customers would have to send half full bottles back for a guarantee when I specifically said in my possible terms that only empty bottles were to be sent back. Using a percentage of Hair Complex under 100% (e.g. 4 of the 5 bottles) and then demanding A&G for a refund would void the terms for a money back guarantee as A&G specifically said to use all 5 bottles. If users don't following the instructions, I see no reason why A&G would offer a refund. What you are saying is basically condemning all warranties and money back guarantees for any product be it cosmetic, electrical or whatever. You purchase a TV and it goes wrong, how could anyone possibly claim a refund or replacement? How does the retailer know you're the one who purchased it? You have proof in the form of a receipt/invoice and by following their terms, you are able to complete that warranty. I know a TV is not the same as a cosmetic product but with A&G, you follow some strict and well thought up terms (terms that are made up and agreed upon by multiple people and which take longer than 10 seconds to think up like my terms) and you have enough evidence for money back. Pictures, empty bottles, invoice/receipt and the fact that the user has to put effort into obtaining a refund is suitable security I feel.

I see no problems with my suggestion. We know A&G are a sincere company and aren't trying to rip us off possibly like some of the examples I posted and we know how sincere most hair loss suffers are. About the "photos could all be taken the same day" this can be solved by uploading the photo's to an A&G email or account once a fortnight. I know people could get around this by taking all the pictures at the same time and sending one of that batch when required but that would involve the user purposely purchasing Hair Complex just to fake their results to get a refund a few months later. Why would someone spend $200, wait around a few months just to get their money back? Are they having a game of pass the money? Are they having a laugh? Your assumption only works if most hair loss sufferer put $200 before their hair, this is not the case from what I see on Hair Loss Fight Forum and other forums relating to hair loss. Hair loss sufferers want their hair back, and are not interested in cheating a company in the process.

Thank you Jacob for your comment, you provided some good examples. I consider Avon a well known cosmetic company, look at their returns policy: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/assist_returns.asp
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. We'll be glad to exchange your item or refund the full price if you choose to return it within 90 days of delivery.
How would Avon know that you aren't getting results with your cosmetic product? I don't know but they believe in customer loyality and treat their customers well, just like A&G have done by sending people who have not received their Hair Complex another batch. I understand you want to drop this Bug so go ahead and not reply but I bet if A&G provided a money back guarantee, their current sales would triple. I would certainly be purchasing, rather than waiting on feedback first. I am not demanding the doctor offers one, I just wanted to put the question to him.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:18 pm

This is from Elsom Research:
Customer feedback is very important to us. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with any Elsom Research product, please contact us and tell us your concern.

If you wish to return a stock retail product you purchased from us and have the purchase price refunded to you, we have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
For custom formulations and other non-stock items, refunds are not available. If you are not satisfied with your non-stock item, contact us and we will work with you to develop a solution that is fair to all parties.
http://www.new-equilibrium-skincare.com ... ipping.php

Also..do a Google search for "no questions asked" and skincare or hair care :wink:

Again..not saying A&G should..not every company does.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:39 pm

goten574 wrote:Come on bug, you gave me no reason why my money back guarantee wouldn't work for A&G.
Ugh please stop. You are obviously trolling. Why dont you turn off your computer and come back in 4 months.

Its obvious im not going to get through to you.
You dont seem to understand the concept of one time treatment vs ongoing treatment.
You dont seem to understand that most of those other companies still profit from money back returns.
You dont seem to understand that they all require you to return the product before you can judge its effectiveness.
You dont seem to understand that they all require you to return the product before you finish the product.
You dont seem to understand that if you stop using their treatment it stops working(probably never did work). Most people think "that if i just use it a little longer maybe it will work." If you return their products the benefits end. If you return the AGHC they dont end.
If AG offered returns In essence you are still "using"(not be confused with still applying) the AGHC and getting your money back

Finally this is a direct quote from Dr AQ
However, remember this is not a drug and we can't make drug claims, otherwise we will have to take it to the FDA. For now, we are saying that A&G Hair Complex will help and assist in conditioning the scalp, this may result in the prevention of hair loss and may help the re-growth of hair. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY POSITION.
So what exactly is it you want them to guarantee?

I think I will retire from these hairloss forums again. Good luck everyone

bye
bug

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:45 pm

bug..all of those points..you could easily say the same about the other companies. If someone is returning any product for a refund..it IS a one-time treatment :!: They do not all require everything you mentioned there :!:

PLEASE don't abandon the forum because of something you said previously you weren't going to comment on again :lol:

BTW..in the case of Elsom- only 30 days..I think that has more to do with if there's something in it that irritates your scalp so you can no longer use it..can't stand the smell...or ________. But I suppose since they can't say it "grows hair" there's not really a reason to have it for a long length of time.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Can't we all just get along! :D

I don't care if they offer a money back garauntee, I just hope it works! Bug I understand your posittion and reasoning and it makes sense..you have great input and are one of the more knowledgable peopel on the forum..def don;t wanna see you go over this ridiculous argument(no offence to anyone).Lets not lose site of the main issue here..results.

That being said...I am done my last treatment and things are def getting better.Nothing too major but visably noticable. Also, the crown and temples seem to be improving the most..thickness is improved all over. Loving the way my hairs feels too now.

The crown seems to be the most noticable improvment..I am so far ..A happy man!

Anyone else seeing any results?

Good luck to all...still!

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:58 pm

bug wrote:
goten574 wrote:Come on bug, you gave me no reason why my money back guarantee wouldn't work for A&G.
Ugh please stop. You are obviously trolling. Why dont you turn off your computer and come back in 4 months.

Its obvious im not going to get through to you.
You dont seem to understand the concept of one time treatment vs ongoing treatment.
You dont seem to understand that most of those other companies still profit from money back returns.
You dont seem to understand that they all require you to return the product before you can judge its effectiveness.
You dont seem to understand that they all require you to return the product before you finish the product.
You dont seem to understand that if you stop using their treatment it stops working(probably never did work). Most people think "that if i just use it a little longer maybe it will work." If you return their products the benefits end. If you return the AGHC they dont end.
If AG offered returns In essence you are still "using"(not be confused with still applying) the AGHC and getting your money back

Finally this is a direct quote from Dr AQ
However, remember this is not a drug and we can't make drug claims, otherwise we will have to take it to the FDA. For now, we are saying that A&G Hair Complex will help and assist in conditioning the scalp, this may result in the prevention of hair loss and may help the re-growth of hair. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY POSITION.
So what exactly is it you want them to guarantee?

I think I will retire from these hairloss forums again. Good luck everyone

bye
bug
I am not a troll and I don't aim to provoke anyone into an argument, it seems you're the only one here who is getting emotional, it's not effecting other members, nor the doctor, why are you taking this the wrong way? You said in your last post that you won't be replying again, and I said in my previous post, it's ok if you don't reply, yet here you are replying. Pull yourself together man and grow up, we are two adults having a discussion, nothing more. Please, just cheer up...

As Jacob said (he beat me to it), most of your "You dont seem to understand that..." sentences can be applied to other products and I would like to point out that several of your sentences are duplicates e.g. you re-worded an existing sentence to make it look like a new sentence. I remember looking into two hair loss shampoos back in January which allow you to use THE ENTIRE bottle(s) before you can claim money back. Are you hearing me? because I seem to be saying the same thing over and over. Why do you insist that if you use the entire treatment, a possible money back guarantee is void? It really doesn't have to be that way.

That direct statement from A&G confuses me because Hair Complex is marketted as a product to prevent further hair loss and regrow some of your scalp hair as quoted from their website:
"A & G Hair Complex works to regrow hair and to prevent further hair loss by reconditioning the hair follicle. Thus, A & G's Hair Complex supplies to the hair follicle what has been lost in aging and what is normally present in the youthful, healthy state and therefore returns the hair follicle to a condition in which hair growth is restored and hair loss is prevented."
In the statement above, I don't see a MAY, MIGHT, COULD and other words to indicate it may or may not work, I see positive, absolute phrases. It's likely there would be many people who had not read some/all of Dr AQ quotes on this forum but have seen the website only. They would purchase A&G based on what the website description says about Hair Complex, not what the doctor said. What the doctor said conflicts with what the website says from your quote Bug, at least that's how it sounds in my opinion (perhaps I am misreading it and if I am, sorry)

To answer your question Bug, I want guarantee from what the website says about Hair Complex.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm

I think there needs to be some clarification on this "one time only" treatment as well. A second round of the treatments has been recommended two months down the road(by Dr. AQ)..especially for those not seeing much improvement. And as I've been saying from the beginning- I can't imagine anyone not using it again down the road ESPECIALLY if they're seeing results.

justthin.. way too soon to tell for me..on seeing anything happening up there. I do plan to slowly add other topicals again in the near future. Not giving up on A&G..these were my plans all along.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Jacob wrote:I think there needs to be some clarification on this "one time only" treatment as well. A second round of the treatments has been recommended two months down the road(by Dr. AQ)..especially for those not seeing much improvement. And as I've been saying from the beginning- I can't imagine anyone not using it again down the road ESPECIALLY if they're seeing results.
I am hoping spreading the treatment out for example 3 applications per bottle would help show more effective results, especially since Dr AQ said it's not dose depandant.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Argh..don't get me started on this dose dependant issue again :lol:

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey boys, lets all get along here, ok? One of the things I've liked about this forum is the generally positive atmosphere and respectful posts. Bug, don't leave. From what I can gather you know more than most of the rest of us on here and I for one would miss your contributions.

As for the guarantee, I am ok without it. I took a chance on the A&G and, though I am still hoping to see something positive come from it, was unable to finish my treatments because I got a bad scalp reaction to it. At no time have I thought of asking Dr. AQ for my money back. Advice? Yes, of course, and he is a nice, approachable guy who seems very interested in trying to help me. But I am not going to ask for my money back because when I bought it I understood there was no guarantee. I think he said it would work for most people and some would see better results than others. I might be one it doesn't work for. Of maybe, hopefully, I'll still get some results and then down the road, when my scalp settles, be able to try it again. But the thoughts of a money back guarantee are really ridiculous when it wasn't offered before I bought.

goten, I think you have to just take a chance on it like the rest of us or wait for results from everyone here to start coming in. But lobbying for, and complaining because there is not, a money-back guarantee is in my opinion (and with all due respect) a waste of your time. I am sure you could spend it more productively doing something else.

Cheers all and justthin congrats on your "results" so far! Happy to hear it!

Huli

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:05 pm

hulihoop wrote:goten, I think you have to just take a chance on it like the rest of us or wait for results from everyone here to start coming in. But lobbying for, and complaining because there is not, a money-back guarantee is in my opinion (and with all due respect) a waste of your time. I am sure you could spend it more productively doing something else.
That's the thing, I am not complaining because there is no money back guarantee, I am not complaining at all and have already stated earlier in this thread that I will wait for feedback before I commit to purchase. I just wanted to ask the dr if he was confident enough to include one in the future. I don't see how I am complaining because their isn't one, I'm merely replying to Bug because he seems to think a money back guarantee would never work, where I beg to differ and have expressed my opinions why. I felt the need to defend my thoughts because I felt Bug was being quite aggressive towards me as well as throwing a few insults (which I never done to Bug, or anyone here).

Bug said he would leave again.. "AGAIN" meaning he must have let his emotions drive his replies in the past towards another member?, I don't know the reason so cannot comment further.

valderama
Occasional Poster

Post by valderama » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:24 pm

did my third application today the itch was predominantly on the front part of scalp and down on the temples and forehead this time. unfortuantely the lid came off the vial when i went to put it in the fridge so i lost the second half of the vial. so i m only going to get four and a half vials in total. what a twat. hope thats going to be enough to get results. since half a vial does one application for me shouldnt make too much of a difference.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Finished my final dose 2 nights ago and last night my crown/vertex and parts of the temple region were itching like crazy, driving me nuts!
Haven't experienced itching or dandruff in over 10 years so this was definitely unusual and could quite possibly be attributed to internal changes from treatment with the A&G complex. I'm hoping so.

Sick to death of being a diffuse thinner plus the right side of my front is now noticably receding more than the left even though I'm on finasteride so this hair thing is just tiring with its 'high maintenance' factor in trying to create some semblance of balance/symmetry in appearance. :?
Really hoping for filling in as much as possible all over and then I may have hairline restoration done if the recession hasn't experienced any changes. Just framing the face so my eyes/forehead don't scream 'look at me' every time I go out would be a Godsend. :lol:

Justin

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm

bug wrote: I think I will retire from these hairloss forums again. Good luck everyone

bye
bug

BUG - Don't you go ANYWHERE! :-$

I actually come to this site (this particular thread to be exact) hoping to find YOUR posts, especially now that you have thrown your hat in the ring!

goten - (sorry dude) but I skip your long-winded diatribes about "to gaurantee or not to gaurantee" as fast as I can! \:D/

Just my opinion, but for all intents and purposes, with what little time I have to lamp around hairloss threads, I want relevant info to help me make educated decisions. BUG, you help provide that in a very succinct, well articulated, consistent manner. So stick around!

Jajo

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Bug,

As the owner of these forums, I would be very disappointed if you left. I work hard to keep this place afloat. I need you and people like you to stick with me.

Sam

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Jajo wrote:
goten - (sorry dude) but I skip your long-winded diatribes about "to gaurantee or not to gaurantee" as fast as I can! \:D/

Just my opinion, but for all intents and purposes, with what little time I have to lamp around hairloss threads, I want relevant info to help me make educated decisions. BUG, you help provide that in a very succinct, well articulated, consistent manner. So stick around!

Jajo
I understand, best to keep things relevant but I asked the doctor a specific question and Bug felt the question was geared towards him, so much so that the doctors reply to my question was to read what Bug said. I feel robbed of my question and I'm sure if the doctor wanted a spokesperson, he would have asked (he never needed one before).

@ Sam

I don't understand why Bug even said he wants to leave (again), maybe to gain attention? (it certainly worked!). Geez, if everyone acted that immature, nothing in the world would get done. What I'm saying is, it's good to have a difference of opinion, it's healthy to disagree and I guess Bug overreacted because I certainly did nothing wrong. Bug can stand by his opinion and I shall stand by mine (Jacob who doesn't feel A&G should have a money back guarantee did agree on my point). I'm sure he will be back (again) as his opinion is needed in this forum.

Anyway the doctor will not answer my question personally so let's get back on topic guys! END OF THIS and I am pleased to hear the recent feedback, sounds promising but too early yet.
valderama wrote:did my third application today the itch was predominantly on the front part of scalp and down on the temples and forehead this time. unfortuantely the lid came off the vial when i went to put it in the fridge so i lost the second half of the vial. so i m only going to get four and a half vials in total. what a twat. hope thats going to be enough to get results. since half a vial does one application for me shouldnt make too much of a difference.
Ah, sorry to hear about that, what a pain!

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 am

Well, as I posted in the results thread, the oiliness on my scalp has definitely gone but after my shower this morning, the scalp is flaking. I can rub it and create tiny balls of rolled up skin.
Can the doc comment on this? Is this good or bad? I finished the final treatment (of ten) 2 days ago.

pute959
Occasional Poster

Post by pute959 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:53 am

I notice an increase of furr in front of my hairline, i'm hoping it will continue to grow.

@ goten574: please stop bitching about the money-back thing, such things only make the price go up, and it's not relevant in this tread.

valderama
Occasional Poster

Post by valderama » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 am

i m quite excited about this forehead and temple itching lasted about an hour or two after application, does this mean i m getting an effect in these areas? if i look really close i have tiny dark hairs in these areas. could these be resurrected, i would be happy to thicken out my diffuse top but holy crap if it works on the temples i ll be over the moon.

i was already seeing a small improvement before the a&g complex after staring a garlic topical and msm so i ll go back to that when my vials run out.