Q&A for Dr. AQ of A&G- Hair Complex

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Re: Q&A for Dr. AQ of A&G

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Avery wrote:
I simply asked if Dr. AQ has other products coming down the pipeline to address other cosmetic and or dermatologic issues.
No you didn't. You tactifully turned the conversation from the hair complex to A&G itself, as if to derive credibility from the company rather than their product. Their mission statement? Who cares. Consumers know a company's mission to make money, regardless how benevolent they want to call themselves. This isn't a conspiracy or secret. Are we supposed to
If you're attempting to out me be sure you have something solid to go on instead of baseless innuendo by the mere fact that I am a new poster.
Welcome to the Internet. You can't conjur credibility through anonymity. Your sudden appearance coupled with your tremendously different results than anyone else who has used the product indicates your falsity. We are bombarded by ads, testimonials, reviews, and of course planted shills like yourself on a constant basis. It's rather ludicrious to ask us to trust you just because you ask us to. Insane, really.

I also find it convienent you haven't posted pictures of any sort. Then again, I'm sure you won't.
Get off your high horse and quit your bitchn.
No.
If you have something to ask the Dr AQ then ask him and stay on point and stop with your nonsense.
Indeed. This is a thread for questions from consumers to a doctor. As you are neither, go away.
He's not a shell.. Sam can check IPs and tell. Sam actually called me in the past to check if I was indeed Dr.AQ. Also we should do the same with people who are posting negative results and have hidden agenda. Many who have been posting negative results have not even used the HC and others have used it and dumped it because the results they were hoping for did not come in 3 weeks. Some people have pre-existing conditions that effecting their hair growth and might take longer than normal. I myself have gotten many emails from people saying, they are worried about posting positive results and get outcasted by people here. Its OK to be critical but we need to let the finger pointing and negativity out. Sam is the moderator here and its his job to check for shells and others.

goten574
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by goten574 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:[I myself have gotten many emails from people saying, they are worried about posting positive results and get outcasted by people here. Its OK to be critical but we need to let the finger pointing and negativity out. Sam is the moderator here and its his job to check for shells and others.
People who have had results should not fear coming here, some may not believe them but if they have good before and after pictures, there will be no negativity.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Dr is it ok to spread out the 2nd treatment to two and a half viles in every 3 months?. The condition of my hair has gotten worst in the past week and my shedding is not only little tiny hais but all sizes except the longest hairs. My condition of scalp and hair also seems to get worst. I am willing to use the A&G hc every 3 months and spread it as I noted and want to know if that is safe /ok/ effective ?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:30 pm

I don't feel you have to come to our defense Dr. AQ everytime people such as myself are crucified here in the forum. I empathize for everyone here experiencing male pattern baldness, alopecia areata, etc. As you, I and everyone else here in this forum can attest, It eats away at you and it most certainly does a number on one's self esteem. I am a very social person by nature. I am genuinely extroverted with introverted tendencies. There have been situations in my life where I didn't participate because I lacked the self confidence I know I have deep down in myself because of my hair. Instead of crying myself silly, I decided I would be proactive and give your product a chance.

I don't know how to ask this question but what the heck... Are you being advised what to say or how to answer or phrase your responses here by A&G's legal counsel? You come across as a candid guy and at times I think you want to say more but are somehow restrained for legal reasons. My brother is a lawyer so I know how this goes. I realize you may hesitate to answer the question posed so if you can respond with either a yes, no, or I cannot answer type of response would suffice. You're under no legal obligation to do anything here but be completely honest, straightforward and provide us all with a before picture of yourself no matter how embarrassing it may be. Just be sure it is tasteful and conforms to forum decency standards - g-rated of course, pg brings about inflammation with me...

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Doc,

how do i order the pg free version? What is the penetrating agent/ mode of carrier used?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm

hairikrishna wrote:I don't feel you have to come to our defense Dr. AQ everytime people such as myself are crucified here in the forum. I empathize for everyone here experiencing male pattern baldness, alopecia areata, etc. As you, I and everyone else here in this forum can attest, It eats away at you and it most certainly does a number on one's self esteem. I am a very social person by nature. I am genuinely extroverted with introverted tendencies. There have been situations in my life where I didn't participate because I lacked the self confidence I know I have deep down in myself because of my hair. Instead of crying myself silly, I decided I would be proactive and give your product a chance.

I don't know how to ask this question but what the heck... Are you being advised what to say or how to answer or phrase your responses here by A&G's legal counsel? You come across as a candid guy and at times I think you want to say more but are somehow restrained for legal reasons. My brother is a lawyer so I know how this goes. I realize you may hesitate to answer the question posed so if you can respond with either a yes, no, or I cannot answer type of response would suffice. You're under no legal obligation to do anything here but be completely honest, straightforward and provide us all with a before picture of yourself no matter how embarrassing it may be. Just be sure it is tasteful and conforms to forum decency standards - g-rated of course, pg brings about inflammation with me...
I will dig into the photo albums and find one. I am not under any legal consultation, however, I know many read my posts and I need to be careful. Sadly I don't represent myself, I represent A&G and this sometimes stop me from saying things. There are little PG in the formula to start with but some showed hypersensitivity to it.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:52 pm

kamisama wrote:Doc,

how do i order the pg free version? What is the penetrating agent/ mode of carrier used?
Just go online and purchase it as you would normally do. while placing the order on paypal, there is a dedicated space called " note to merchant" write PG-free HC and if its your second time ordering, mention 2nd order too to get the 25%. We have few left last time I checked. You may ask Kim, I won't be in the office tomorrow.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 pm

intricate1 wrote:Dr is it ok to spread out the 2nd treatment to two and a half viles in every 3 months?. The condition of my hair has gotten worst in the past week and my shedding is not only little tiny hais but all sizes except the longest hairs. My condition of scalp and hair also seems to get worst. I am willing to use the A&G hc every 3 months and spread it as I noted and want to know if that is safe /ok/ effective ?
Yes, store it 4C when not in use.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 pm

goten574 wrote:
Dr.AQ wrote:[I myself have gotten many emails from people saying, they are worried about posting positive results and get outcasted by people here. Its OK to be critical but we need to let the finger pointing and negativity out. Sam is the moderator here and its his job to check for shells and others.
People who have had results should not fear coming here, some may not believe them but if they have good before and after pictures, there will be no negativity.
a lot of people are not forum savvy. I know that from a personal experience. :o

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Dr. AQ,

I completely understand why you may hesitate to show us a before picture of yourself and the condition of your hair. You have absolutely nothing to be concerned about sharing your photo here. Heck, you can even ask Sam to ensure there will be an agreed upon time to have it removed. Perhaps those that haven't responded as anticipated to the HC will gain a renewed sense of hope.

If I get full regrowth like yourself I'll personally come down to CA and treat your entire office (hopefully a small office)to a luncheon.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 am

Dr. AQ said:

" Also we should do the same with people who are posting negative results and have hidden agenda. Many who have been posting negative results have not even used the HC and others have used it and dumped it because the results they were hoping for did not come in 3 weeks."

-----------

Do you honestly think that people are coming out of the woodwork to bash a product? Why do you think we are all here... to sit around like a bunch of gossiping 13-year-old girls? Do you not think that we would be the biggest cheerleaders for an effective product? Trust me... we would... it's just that your product doesn't grow hair.

And what's this nonsense about dumping the product after 3 weeks? Dude, it's a 10 day treatment! How can you dump something that has already been completed... a time machine?

Let me ask you a question... do your skin products contain HFCM?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:24 am

Dr. AQ -

1. From the recent pictures you shared with us from your trip to Asia to the first time you applied the AGHC to yourself, how much time has lapsed since?

2. Are the hairs that filled in your balding/thinning areas of the same quality as the hairs you haven't lost?

3. Do you notice anything different about the newly regrown HC hairs you have on your head?

4. Are you able to comb and style your hair as you did before experiencing Male Pattern Baldness?

5. Are the newly regrown hairs on your head growing in the same direction and natural pattern as other surrounding hairs that didn't succumb to hair loss?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:14 am

Dr AQ - Yesterday I met with my dermatologist. I briefly informed him about Hair Complex and made a printout of the A&G website with a list of the known ingredients to show him. I told my derm that it has been a little over 2 months since I first applied the HC to my scalp. My Derm seemed, as I would expect, to be questioning the science behind it and if there were any papers detailing the studies and research involved. I had him take a look at my scalp because I wanted him to be an objective professional that will be able to observe any changes in my hair loss. I began to explain that one of the HC product's claim was that it is a one time application that is purported to regrow lost hair forever without the need for a 2nd application. Without any research behind the product he gave me the anticipated buyer beware lecture and told me to be careful. I expected that would be his response so I wasn't at all surprised. He and I did realize that the company and product haven't been around long enough to make those type of claims. My next appointment is in September where he will once again analyze my scalp and hair loss pattern. Like I said, the only reason why I wanted my derm to look at my scalp and know what I have done is so that I can get an objective person with a medical degree in dermatology to be as my witness so to speak. I want conclusive, undeniable evidence that I'm actually responding to the HC with hair regrowth so I'm going all out. I am in the process of investing in a digital microscope so that I can magnify my scalp up to 400x and take still photos and videos to post on youtube. Personally, I feel I am doing the things that A&G as a company should have done before the release of the product. I think this is why so many people here are suspicious about Hair Complex and justly so may regard it as snake oil and you as their snake oil salesman. I'm not personally saying HC is bogus or that you are a snake oil salesman but I think you can understand why many forum members are casting doubt and speculation regarding your companies' motives.

If all goes well and the HC works for me, I will buy each and every one of my family members a box of HC.

Now, here is my question. I noticed that you have a link for DOCTORS on your site. If my derm was interested in carrying/distributing your product through his office, what type of information would he be provided regarding the product/s? Specifically, would he be privy to more scientific information regarding the mechanism, function on how HC works to regrow hair? Is this information only intended for people in the medical profession to view that laymen such as myself cannot access? I guess the best way to sum up the question would be is there any more or other information on Hair Complex as to the studies performed by your FDA approved lab and the participants involved in the study that you haven't already discussed in the forum?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:47 am

Doc why can't you make a monthly treatment?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:19 pm

chore boy wrote:Dr. AQ said:

" Also we should do the same with people who are posting negative results and have hidden agenda. Many who have been posting negative results have not even used the HC and others have used it and dumped it because the results they were hoping for did not come in 3 weeks."

-----------

Do you honestly think that people are coming out of the woodwork to bash a product? Why do you think we are all here... to sit around like a bunch of gossiping 13-year-old girls? Do you not think that we would be the biggest cheerleaders for an effective product? Trust me... we would... it's just that your product doesn't grow hair.

And what's this nonsense about dumping the product after 3 weeks? Dude, it's a 10 day treatment! How can you dump something that has already been completed... a time machine?

Let me ask you a question... do your skin products contain HFCM?
The skin product does contain HFCM. Many people here will tell you that the HC treatment lasted them around 3 weeks.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:22 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Dr. AQ -

1. From the recent pictures you shared with us from your trip to Asia to the first time you applied the AGHC to yourself, how much time has lapsed since?

2. Are the hairs that filled in your balding/thinning areas of the same quality as the hairs you haven't lost?

3. Do you notice anything different about the newly regrown HC hairs you have on your head?

4. Are you able to comb and style your hair as you did before experiencing Male Pattern Baldness?

5. Are the newly regrown hairs on your head growing in the same direction and natural pattern as other surrounding hairs that didn't succumb to hair loss?
1- almost a year
2- yes as far as I can tell
3- no
4- yes and I enjoy doing it
5- yes but i think they are little darker

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:26 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc why can't you make a monthly treatment?
We wanted to create a solution to hair loss. In a year after getting all the feedbacks we might need to develop a product to maintain/enhance results.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Any new products you might be adding to the A&G lineup?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Dr AQ - Yesterday I met with my dermatologist. I briefly informed him about Hair Complex and made a printout of the A&G website with a list of the known ingredients to show him. I told my derm that it has been a little over 2 months since I first applied the HC to my scalp. My Derm seemed, as I would expect, to be questioning the science behind it and if there were any papers detailing the studies and research involved. I had him take a look at my scalp because I wanted him to be an objective professional that will be able to observe any changes in my hair loss. I began to explain that one of the HC product's claim was that it is a one time application that is purported to regrow lost hair forever without the need for a 2nd application. Without any research behind the product he gave me the anticipated buyer beware lecture and told me to be careful. I expected that would be his response so I wasn't at all surprised. He and I did realize that the company and product haven't been around long enough to make those type of claims. My next appointment is in September where he will once again analyze my scalp and hair loss pattern. Like I said, the only reason why I wanted my derm to look at my scalp and know what I have done is so that I can get an objective person with a medical degree in dermatology to be as my witness so to speak. I want conclusive, undeniable evidence that I'm actually responding to the HC with hair regrowth so I'm going all out. I am in the process of investing in a digital microscope so that I can magnify my scalp up to 400x and take still photos and videos to post on youtube. Personally, I feel I am doing the things that A&G as a company should have done before the release of the product. I think this is why so many people here are suspicious about Hair Complex and justly so may regard it as snake oil and you as their snake oil salesman. I'm not personally saying HC is bogus or that you are a snake oil salesman but I think you can understand why many forum members are casting doubt and speculation regarding your companies' motives.

If all goes well and the HC works for me, I will buy each and every one of my family members a box of HC.

Now, here is my question. I noticed that you have a link for DOCTORS on your site. If my derm was interested in carrying/distributing your product through his office, what type of information would he be provided regarding the product/s? Specifically, would he be privy to more scientific information regarding the mechanism, function on how HC works to regrow hair? Is this information only intended for people in the medical profession to view that laymen such as myself cannot access? I guess the best way to sum up the question would be is there any more or other information on Hair Complex as to the studies performed by your FDA approved lab and the participants involved in the study that you haven't already discussed in the forum?
I understand the suspicious at the beginning and I know many products that came out and disappointed many. I know about the snake oil salesmen and all. I also understand the frustration that comes with the lack of info. on the HC. That is why I am here posting late at night and pick up calls. I don't think that I have the profile of a snake oil salesman. Both me and Greg are respected professors and know around the scientific community. We are published scientist and we already have products before the HC that are ground breaking. Do you really think, I will waste my time and come here so that I can sell 20 boxes of the HC?

In regards to your dermatologist, many doctors unfortunately pass judgements before even knowing anything. If they haven't heard about it in med school, then it must be bad. At this time, the HC is not available for doctors, its only available through our website. I mentioned that way early in the forum. We will open distribution around late summer. However, our skin products are available for doctors and yes, we do provide them with papers and some marketing materials (flyers, before/after pics ect).
Please keep in mind that this product is sold as a cosmetic and we can't make claims and present it as a drug. The science behind the product is own by A&G and we can't publish it or talk about it until our intellectual properties are fully protected.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Any new products you might be adding to the A&G lineup?
Not anytime soon, currently we are focusing on drug developments (our true passion)

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:21 am

I agree that most practicing MDs are too busy worrying about their patients and business to follow what is happening within the scientific community. Most rely on JAMA to stay on top of the latest breaking published research. Since A&G is a company marketing cosmetics it bypasses all the critical research and peer reviews which precedes FDA approval.

Did any of the HC trialist have white/gray hair? If so did they get their natural hair color back? Does A&G stimulate the melanocytes (melanogenesis) in the repair process so that melanin is restored?
Last edited by hairikrishna on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:38 am

Any plans in the works to create a A&G email newsletter for those who ordered product/s from your company? It would be a wonderful opportunity for A&G to gather testimonials ,both good & bad, from people who have used the products as well as possible upcoming trials for the drugs that you may be developing in the future. I would love to be kept up to date as far as any new information and developments. Just a thought...

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Doc Can you elaborate more on the second time users of the HC and can one use the HC multiple times ? can you say what you think the marginal benefit will be like? Will the benefit of the hc get greater with each extra application or will there be a tollerance?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:11 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Any plans in the works to create a A&G email newsletter for those who ordered product/s from your company? It would be a wonderful opportunity for A&G to gather testimonials ,both good & bad, from people who have used the products as well as possible upcoming trials for the drugs that you may be developing in the future. I would love to be kept up to date as far as any new information and developments. Just a thought...
That's an excellent idea and we will love to do it i the future. At this time A&G does not have the resources nor the time to invest in. We are thinking of having a page at the website called A&G in media and post latest publications about us and the products. We keep you posted.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc Can you elaborate more on the second time users of the HC and can one use the HC multiple times ? can you say what you think the marginal benefit will be like? Will the benefit of the hc get greater with each extra application or will there be a tollerance?
The AGHC was designed for a one use only and most of the study and tests were made under this assumption. The few times that people used second treatments have shown good results (i.e. regrowth, healthier hair, more defined color and healthier scalp). Since the number is not enough to draw a conclusion, we did not look in to it. I am excited to hear from the second round users and follow their progress. I will report it here once I start hearing from them.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:38 pm

In the last 2 weeks or so, I've been getting emails asking about A&G products distribution in various states/ countries. I know early in the forum I mentioned that we will open distribution channels in the summer and its summer now. So what's the Deal?- here it is.
The official opening date is July 1 2009. That means we will start looking at proposals and open channels of communications. If you are interested in being at A&G representative please email us the following:
1- Name and address
2- region of distribution
3- quantity
4- product of interest
5- brief marketing idea or your channel of sell.

Once we get this, we will respond to you with other requirements. email us at info@agskinsolutions.com

before I get attacked here, many from this forum and others have contacted me in the past asking about distribution ( I lost their emails). I want to be fair and let everyone know at the same time.
Sam if you think this is soliciting please go ahead and delete it. ( I am going to post this again on the main forum)

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:20 pm

I realize that a vast majority of forum members here and abroad are not nearly having the type of explosive hair growth as what the model had experienced photographically on the A&G website at week 15. If they are, they are not reporting it here in the forum in droves so it's hard to gauge. I personally am at week 11 and I'm only getting scant regrowth even though I used a laser helmet. I expected to have more stellar regrowth coming in about now but this is not the case even with laser use.

Please detail for us your personal results using HC at week 15 and whether you used lasers? If I recall I think you stated that you did not. Also, you mentioned that it has been a little under a year since you applied HC to your scalp. At what point could you definitively say without a doubt that HC was regrowing hair on your scalp and where did you first notice this regrowth?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Doc I know this has been asked but can't you make a version of the hc with nonosomes, I read it is a great delivery method. I know it is expensive but the cost is not an issue if it me and for others if it is more effective.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Doc I am wondering why you guys would stop studying the product at a 15 weeks mark and not 20 weeks or 6 month what made you stop documenting at the 15th week mark? All other studies for mpb treatment always show 6 month pictures

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:16 pm

hairikrishna wrote:I realize that a vast majority of forum members here and abroad are not nearly having the type of explosive hair growth as what the model had experienced photographically on the A&G website at week 15. If they are, they are not reporting it here in the forum in droves so it's hard to gauge. I personally am at week 11 and I'm only getting scant regrowth even though I used a laser helmet. I expected to have more stellar regrowth coming in about now but this is not the case even with laser use.

Please detail for us your personal results using HC at week 15 and whether you used lasers? If I recall I think you stated that you did not. Also, you mentioned that it has been a little under a year since you applied HC to your scalp. At what point could you definitively say without a doubt that HC was regrowing hair on your scalp and where did you first notice this regrowth?
I was experiencing progressive hair loss and I know I was loosing ground (was not pleasant feeling). I start using different shampoos and hair strengthening topicals,with no results. So the HC was in the work and I remember having it in a test tube(15 ml). I first noticed that my hair loss slowed down drastically. Then the areas where my hair was thinning are no longer thin. I was not looking at time, all I did was look at certain areas and keep pulling my hair to see how many will come out. Remember, at that time I was not sure if the HC will even work, I was just experimenting to see if it will work on me. I had lots of doubt I must admit and was not sure if this will work. I remember after 4 weeks, I noticed my scalp and hair are different and not dry. The break through came while I was in a seminar and one of the nurses who worked with me in the past asked if I had a hair transplant. The rest is history. I started checking my hair and had a friend Dr. look at it and bingo, my hair loss problems are no more. We made lots of samples and sent it to Greg and others I know very well and all of them came back with positive results. We then decided to start a study and send samples to everyone we know who've been working on hair restoration. We didn't have the funds for a full study but by sending it to specialists around the world we were able to cut on cost and have reliable results.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:19 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc I know this has been asked but can't you make a version of the hc with nonosomes, I read it is a great delivery method. I know it is expensive but the cost is not an issue if it me and for others if it is more effective.
I will look into it and keep you guys posted.. I promise

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:25 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc I am wondering why you guys would stop studying the product at a 15 weeks mark and not 20 weeks or 6 month what made you stop documenting at the 15th week mark? All other studies for mpb treatment always show 6 month pictures
We had the study for longer than 6 months actually. The results we show after 15 weeks are just a representation of the average response we got. Please remember, having a before/after pictures should not be the deciding point of a product. We need to look at many aspects beside hair growth only ( I know its the main thing) scalp condition, hair condition and side effects. All thee have to be looked at when making a hair care product.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 am

Doc you promise means alot to me, thak you And I look forward to your answers

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks for sharing Dr. AQ. That was a pretty remarkable hair regrowth story especially as early as within a 4 weeks time frame. I'm already in my 12th week and I see some tiny hairs coming in around the temples. I am in the process of purchasing a digital hand-held microscope so that I can share them here and perhaps on youtube. I want to get a better idea of what's going on with my scalp at a microscopic level to see if there is truly regrowth happening before my own eyes.

Just curious here but what does your family think of your regrowth? As a result of your hair regrowth success, have your brothers, father, uncles, cousins, etc. also tried HC as well? All sharing similar successes too?

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

intricate1 wrote:Doc I know this has been asked but can't you make a version of the hc with nonosomes, I read it is a great delivery method. I know it is expensive but the cost is not an issue if it me and for others if it is more effective.
Even liposomes would be an improvement on delievery to the follicle if say nanosomes are too small. The technology is there and developed already... I really believe you should take advantage of it.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 am

I agree with you 100% Astro_Boy as well as other with other posters singing the praises of nanosome delivery technology. If the technology is already here then why not incorporate it to improve on a product that Dr. AQ really believes in? Only logic would tell you that this would be a good marriage between the two. This could be the 2.0 version of HC that hopefully more people in this forum would experience quicker gains from. I would buy Nanosome encapsulated HC hands down. Only time will tell if Dr. AQ will act upon your lobbying efforts. Sounds as if he is already considering it so at least it's on his radar.

As this is a Q&A thread and keeping with the spirit of the thread I thought I'd ask Dr. AQ what type of shampoo, hair care products and dietary supplements he uses to keep his locks healthy after having used HC. No doubt that Dr. AQ's hair appeared healthy and shiny in the pics he shared with us from his tour of Asia. Also, I'd like to know if Dr. AQ had any strands of white hair coming in or becoming more prominent around the time his hair was thinning out. Same question applies to any one of the trialist and Dr. Maguire. I'm just wondering as many others here I'm sure if HC has any stimulatory effect on melanocytes, and thus creates a hospitable environment for melanogenesis to take hold.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 pm

I would also buy again if it was nanosomal, and I want to say that I have experienced good recovery from my first treatment.

Please keep us updated on nanosomal delivery, thanks doc.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

perga wrote:I would also buy again if it was nanosomal, and I want to say that I have experienced good recovery from my first treatment.

Please keep us updated on nanosomal delivery, thanks doc.
Glad to hear about your progress and I will look into it and keep you posted.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:04 pm

astro_boy wrote:
Even liposomes would be an improvement on delievery to the follicle if say nanosomes are too small. The technology is there and developed already... I really believe you should take advantage of it.
I agree! I will do my research and report back here. I think it will be a good testing ground for the 2.0 version. :D

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc you promise means alot to me, thak you And I look forward to your answers
You are welcome and you can always count on my promise.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Thanks for sharing Dr. AQ. That was a pretty remarkable hair regrowth story especially as early as within a 4 weeks time frame. I'm already in my 12th week and I see some tiny hairs coming in around the temples. I am in the process of purchasing a digital hand-held microscope so that I can share them here and perhaps on youtube. I want to get a better idea of what's going on with my scalp at a microscopic level to see if there is truly regrowth happening before my own eyes.

Just curious here but what does your family think of your regrowth? As a result of your hair regrowth success, have your brothers, father, uncles, cousins, etc. also tried HC as well? All sharing similar successes too?
My dad and brothers all have full set of hair however, my uncles are at NW4 (both). One of them is not very concerned about the MPB but the younger one is. I gave him a box 2 months ago and I have not seen him since. Last time we spoke he told me that the itching was killing him. I will call him and see how he's doing.
FYI- at 4 weeks my hair was not falling in the rate it used to there was not regrowth.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:30 am

Doc what do you think of the la science hair serum and the dermaheal concentration serum they both compete in the same market as the a&g hc, and do u like the idea of their daily application and shampoo?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

intricate1 wrote:Doc what do you think of the la science hair serum and the dermaheal concentration serum they both compete in the same market as the a&g hc, and do u like the idea of their daily application and shampoo?
Thank for the info. I Went to their site and read about the products. I realized that their use of the term "growth factors" is different than us or the scientific community in that matter. When they say 'Growth factors' they are referring to the ingredients used in their products to stimulate growth not the scientifically known GFs i.e. cytokines, TGFs or ILs ect. I think its smart of them to use the term this way so people will assume that the product contains GFs. They also used serum instead of solution, this also hint indirectly that their products contains GFs. So what do I think of it?? I think the people behind it are smart and did their research when it comes to marketing. We don't know who is behind it and if you run a quick search on 'Copper Tripeptide' which they claim to increase blood supply to the scalp, you will know it does not. In 2001 Koch et al, showed that it cause skin tightening and recently found to enhance collagen production. This compound been used in skin firming products for almost 10 years now and having it in a hair care shows a lack of understanding of basic chemistry and 10 years behind the game. The dermaheal is not even close to the A&G products.
This is my opinion, I wish both products all the success and I hope they deliver on their claims.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Dr AQ, any idea when we can expect to see a picture of your hair prior to A&G? I know you said you would put one up but when is the question. If there is anything in the photo you want blanked out or removed let me know and I can Photoshop it.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 pm

goten574 wrote:Dr AQ, any idea when we can expect to see a picture of your hair prior to A&G? I know you said you would put one up but when is the question. If there is anything in the photo you want blanked out or removed let me know and I can Photoshop it.
Yes, I will start looking for old pics. and send them to Jacob (where is Jacob?)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 pm

See at the top it says "Board index ‹ Hair Loss Forums ‹ Experimental and/or Alternate Treatments and Products Discussions"?

Click on Experimental and/or Alternate Treatments and Products Discussions and then scroll down the page until you see the various A&G threads, including "A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS"[/quote]

Thank you Sir[/quote]

I really cant believe you have 170 posts here and are a doctor but dont know how to use a forum. :-s[/quote]

I know !! to add to the insult, I graduated the top of my class and the youngest to be appointed a professor in a medical school and in China I am a sex symbol :D
Last edited by Dr.AQ on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:20 am

Dr.AQ wrote:
intricate1 wrote:Doc what do you think of the la science hair serum and the dermaheal concentration serum they both compete in the same market as the a&g hc, and do u like the idea of their daily application and shampoo?
Thank for the info. I Went to their site and read about the products. I realized that their use of the term "growth factors" is different than us or the scientific community in that matter. When they say 'Growth factors' they are referring to the ingredients used in their products to stimulate growth not the scientifically known GFs i.e. cytokines, TGFs or ILs ect. I think its smart of them to use the term this way so people will assume that the product contains GFs. They also used serum instead of solution, this also hint indirectly that their products contains GFs. So what do I think of it?? I think the people behind it are smart and did their research when it comes to marketing. We don't know who is behind it and if you run a quick search on 'Copper Tripeptide' which they claim to increase blood supply to the scalp, you will know it does not. In 2001 Koch et al, showed that it cause skin tightening and recently found to enhance collagen production. This compound been used in skin firming products for almost 10 years now and having it in a hair care shows a lack of understanding of basic chemistry and 10 years behind the game. The dermaheal is not even close to the A&G products.
This is my opinion, I wish both products all the success and I hope they deliver on their claims.

They specifially state that they use "growth factor mimicking peptides". I don't know where you're reading that they say or imply that it contains "growth factors".

A search for Copper Tripeptide does give you hits on it and "rebuilding the skin’s circulatory system"..etc.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey Jacob, good to see you again, been a while.
There is no such thing as GF mimicking peptides (based on my scientific knowledge) but lets assume there is such thing, why not use the actual GFs? what advantage is there by using mimicking peptides?
There is something seriously wrong with this sentence "rebuilding the skin’s circulatory system" (again my opinion). I wish rebuilding the circulatory system is that easy, growing hair will be the least of our problems.

Jacob, did you find out who developed the product? who's behind it?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Doc, it's already July my friend. What's your timeline on revamping the A&G website and hiring a web pro to get this to happen? I want so desperately to drool all over myself with some incredible updated before and after pics. I'm already drooling all over the pics I've taken of myself. It might spur me to do something drastic such as using all A&G products at once.

Just a suggestion here but you might consider requesting Allure Spa to offer free or discounted trials on all A&G products to clients willing to participate in a monitored and documented trial. In return, clients will sign a release form and have their pics featured on your site and testimonials documented as well. A follow up in 6-mths to a year would be great too. I'd be happy to participate but unfortunately I don't live in SoCal so you'll just have to get by without me. Is something like this already happening in Asia or the US? I figured it may already be in the works.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Doc, it's already July my friend. What's your timeline on revamping the A&G website and hiring a web pro to get this to happen? I want so desperately to drool all over myself with some incredible updated before and after pics. I'm already drooling all over the pics I've taken of myself. It might spur me to do something drastic such as using all A&G products at once.

Just a suggestion here but you might consider requesting Allure Spa to offer free or discounted trials on all A&G products to clients willing to participate in a monitored and documented trial. In return, clients will sign a release form and have their pics featured on your site and testimonials documented as well. A follow up in 6-mths to a year would be great too. I'd be happy to participate but unfortunately I don't live in SoCal so you'll just have to get by without me. Is something like this already happening in Asia or the US? I figured it may already be in the works.
I am working on it. I've been looking over some old pics and I haven't found a good one that will satisfy the people here. Granted I am not always jumping to show off my thinning hair. I have a feeling there will be better pics here than the A&G site. I am arranging for the guy on the A&G site to come for a follow up picture. I am thinking of having him holds a newspaper in the picture (to verify the date).
Yes, there is something cooking in asia :D .