Aminexil

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Aminexil

Post by astro_boy » Fri May 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Haven't heard a lot about this but I ordered some and will try it to see if I can improve hair thickness any. Since I'm a diffuse thinner this would add up to a big help.

Spectral DNC has a bit of write up on it since it's in their formula. If anyone with experience wouldn't mind sharing as well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Aminexil

Post by Jacob » Sat May 16, 2009 6:31 pm

It's in quite a few products, it seems. At least overseas(outside of the USA I mean).

Keep us posted on how it goes!

aviador
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 pm

I can tell you Aminexil alone don´t do nothing. Or at least it doesn´t help with regrowth or stopping hairloss.
I was using it a long time ago, and didn´t see any result. Some people from ganarpelo.com (spanish hairloss forum) was using it and nothing.

By the way I think Spectral DNC is the best minoxidil combo out in the market. I really regrowth a lot the first time I used it.
The only problem is that if you stop it, be ready for a big shedding. This product really works hard, but that means your hair will also turn drug dependent in a hard way. Another problem, at least for me, it will make your hair looks quite dry.

Uhmm about the hard shedding... I stopped my Spectral DNC before starting A&G almost 4 weeks ago and didn´t have a super shedding this time, when it usually happen after 2 weeks of stopping minox. Weird or promising? :-s

EDIT: If you just want to thicken your hair I would recommend use MSM. It really helps and your hair will grow faster. But no regrowth sorry.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Mon May 18, 2009 1:38 am

Just curious how long were you using it for before you determined no result? Also how bad was the condition of your hair at the time? The studies on the DS Labs website said 6% increase in hair thickness.. which is by no means stellar but since all my hair is very thin there is lots of room for improvement, and 6% all around to each hair could add up to a noticeable difference.

Anyway it's something to do while I wait for my full A&G results, and maybe it will help enhance further treatments.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon May 18, 2009 7:14 am

spectral DNC nearly killed me in 2.25 applications. Apparently I am pretty sensitive to minox :(

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Mon May 18, 2009 1:43 pm

astro_boy wrote:Just curious how long were you using it for before you determined no result? Also how bad was the condition of your hair at the time? The studies on the DS Labs website said 6% increase in hair thickness.. which is by no means stellar but since all my hair is very thin there is lots of room for improvement, and 6% all around to each hair could add up to a noticeable difference.

Anyway it's something to do while I wait for my full A&G results, and maybe it will help enhance further treatments.
I was using it for arround 8 months a no results. So believe me Aminexil alone doesn´t do nothing. It was one of this promising products that never show important success, for me and for many others.

DS Labs said 6% increase in hair thickness but that´s from the old Aminexil studies I guess. Spectral DNC works fine but not because of the Aminexil alone, but because the general compound: Mino 5% + Adenosine + Aminexil + Retinol + Copper peptides + Procyanidin B-2...

Anyway, if you never used minox think twice before starting it

Any minox, more Spectral DNC because of the compounds, will make your hair drug dependent to minox. That means if you stop using it you will lose the hair you won and even more than you expected. When I first started using Spectral DNC I was amazed by the results, when I stopped it because some thyroids problems (from Propecia :cry: ) the shedding was f*king amazing. I lost tons of hair specially in my temples and hairline. Minox creates by destroying first. So no minox = general destruction. :x ( Still amazed that I am not shedding to much now that I stopped it again before trying A&G ).

If you used A&G and are waiting for the results (like me), wait for them and don´t mix any chemical treatment. A&G it´s, in words of Dr. AQ, designed to work alone, so let´s wait. Your hair is not going to look thinner in 2 months.

Or as I told you, try some natural way, like MSM (it works!!) or you can use Revita shampoo from DS Labs too, that also helps to make your hair look thicker.

Omg, I didn´t know I had so much experience lol, but indeed it have already been 5 years fighting this genetic disease. :D

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Mon May 18, 2009 1:52 pm

hey aviador,

what is MSM?

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Mon May 18, 2009 2:07 pm

MSM = Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane

It´s a natural suplhur resource. Many people with hairloss use it from time to time (no more than 2 months), because it makes your hair grow faster and thicker. It also makes your nails grow faster lol :D .

Here you can find some info:
http://www.headofhair.co.uk/hair-loss-a ... dy-13.html

But I bet some people here can give you even more info about MSM :wink: