blood temperature of scalp when sleeping on head (mpb vs non mpb area)

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

blood temperature of scalp when sleeping on head (mpb vs non mpb area)

Post by cuebreeze » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:10 am

I started looking into how to get a good night sleep when i came across alot of information that can relate back to hairloss. The basic idea is about what is happening with the mpb skin and the non mpb skin while we sleep. Please read on because theres some stuff i found that links it with hormones and blood temperature. Also some stuff linking your sleep position to heart disease (which is related in some ways to hairloss).

Anyway from various searches heres a good point form what ive read....

- blood maintainss its temperature through homeostatic metabolism.

basically the brain measures your temperature, if its too low it sends signals and hormones to burn sugar (glucose) and it stops when the temperature is too high. These signals operate at a very small range of temperature.

by the way your body temperature can overheat in the case of disease or inflammation (fever) and it can go down when your sugar level is too low or when the sugar absorption is too low as in diabetes.

So i wonder what the blood temperature is in the mpb area compared to non mpb area. I mean just look at how you sleep.... You are ALLWAYS on the non mpb area so whatever is happening in that area when you lie on it, isnt happening in the mpb area.

So i was thinking maybe if you could have a pillow that covered your whole head with the same pressure that a pillow does when you lie on it.

OR

Maybe the scalp actually wants the reverse and to have the pressure on the mpb area and not around the ring of hair.

Or maybe the whole scalp needs to be cooler?

It just strikes me as such a MAJOR thing going on with our scalps that gets over looked. It takes up 8 hours every day of our life and considering the pressure and temperature differencs between the mpb and non mpb areas is so different, im sure that something is up with this.

leave some feedback.
Last edited by cuebreeze on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Re: Sleeping on the non mpb area (stops blood flow to scalp)

Post by cuebreeze » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 am

So if when the blood temperature is low, it sends hormones to the area that is cold (the mpb area as its got no pressure as we sleep).

By warming the area up would be reversing this right? Or maybe its not the temperature and something to do with the pressure on the non mpb area?

Either way i think its worth exploring.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Re: blood temperature of scalp when sleeping on head (mpb vs non mpb area)

Post by kamisama » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 pm

i have a habit of sleeping on my sides but its thinning as well. led me to thinking of a possible case of thyroid but the results came back normal. im going to check out tHe temperature syndrome thingy you mentioned when i have the time.