Hormonal Imbalance + Canker Sores & Shedding

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hormonal Imbalance + Canker Sores & Shedding

Post by perga » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey everybody! So, I get canker sores (mouth ulcers for you non-Americans) and they drive me to the brink of my sanity. BUT, what I have noticed about them is, I tend to have all sorts of symptoms all pop up at the same time. I get canker sores, pimples (which I don't normally), my hair starts shedding, and I just feel like %&$! in general.

All this happens and lasts around 2 weeks, and then all my symptoms fade and I feel great. Hair feels awesome, mouth is fine, no pimples etc.

I have read that cankers are much more common in women ESPECIALLY during their period, which leads me (and others) to believe that they are caused by hormonal imbalance which results in some kind of immune system depression or autoimmune type response.

Has anyone successfully dealt with these things? Also, is anyone with a bit more understanding of all these systems able to comment on the correlation between cankers + shedding (because there definitely is one... at least, for me).

justthin
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Hormonal Imbalance + Canker Sores & Shedding

Post by justthin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I am no expert but I was doing research and found some similarities between the way I was feeling , adrenal fatigue and thyroid imbalance. Because these two things affect your hormones dramatically , that I decided to get on some adrenal+thyroid support supps. I found a great one made here in ontario and used it for 3 months , my hair became the best it had in months and my moods,headaches,random deep pimples(that come and go every couple weeks) all stopped or reduced dramatically.

I ran out of them a month ago and my hair,moods,general fatigue and pimples returned. I just didn;t get around to ordering a new bottle yet but after seeing how much it did for me then, I will re-order tomorrow. If you want the name of them..let me know.

Other then going to the doc's and getting cortisol..I think this is a good home remedy type way of helping to deal with the adrenal glands and thyroid. I along with I am sure alot of people here have gone through stressful times in our lives and it can really affect the adrenal and thyroid. well without going into details and studiies..etc..

the short form is this..

DHT-hormones-thyroid-adrenal-hairloss & stress..they can all be linked together in the functioning of a healthy body in some way shape or form. So thank you for this post perga...you have reminded me to get back on those supps. O:)

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Hormonal Imbalance + Canker Sores & Shedding

Post by hapyman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 pm

I agree with justthin but would like to add something. Canker sores can also be a result of poor diet. Same for pimples. Try keeping track of what you ate just prior to the breakouts. Perhaps the first 2-3 days prior to breaking out.

For thyroid a really easy thing to try is supplementing with Iodine, Selenium (selenomethionine), & zinc. These three minerals work synergistically to support your thyroid. Just thought of this as well but all of these symptoms can also be induced by a myriad of other problems including a recent viral infection. A bad infection will deplete magnesium & iodine stores and if you don't have them in your diet in sufficient quantities problems arise shortly after.