Dermatopoietin or TB4-7 Anyone? Can we please have some updates!

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

megan99
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Dermatopoietin or TB4-7 Anyone? Can we please have some updates!

Post by megan99 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Seems so quite here. Is anyone out there trying these out? Please tell us anything you can.

I was part of a group buy many years ago to try TB-4. I do not remember the outcome(either the amount was too small or stability issues), or might have been too nervous to use it. Just know that it is one of the more promising agents out there and now there is a way to acquire it easily and with a least a little more confidence. If the company plans on beginning injections soon would they start to distribute a worthless cream? sure it's possible, but worth more of a look then some of the things we have pursued.

As far as the Dermatopoietin- i have/had concerns about the Interleukin-1 alpha issue. But have had exchanges with the company and given references and studies to show the opposite. Anyway if there is one thing that is a fact at least with studies regarding hairloss-they conflict. And now with Joanne's experience with reduced shedding it sounds really promising.

Joanne- please tell us how you are doing!!

Thoughts anyone. I really wanted to hear from a Dermatopoietin user. Since results are supposed to be seen quickly...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Dermatopoietin or TB4-7 Anyone? Can we please have some updates!

Post by Jacob » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 pm

The quick results..from what I understand..are the decreased shedding. Regrowth is something they don't claim, although they're seeing if it's possible(if I remember correctly..they're doing some type of study or trial).

So for me..it's still too early. I'm looking to see if it'll help with regrowth. I'll be starting my third round soon- I do love using the 1-4 product :!:

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:51 am

Where do you get it from Jacob

clau
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: mainly IH's
topicals: DermaP, Pristeen and Lamas
shampoo: rotating T-Gel, biotin b-complex, Lamas, Pristeen.
no more minox !

Post by clau » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 pm

In terms of the results the product claims ... reduced shedding ... I'd say that I've had very quick results.

For me, shedding reduced dramatically. It was noticeable around Day 5 and has continued to improve a little almost every day. I've been using it now for 3 weeks and my daily shed is around 100. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But this is a big change from 200++/day.

I'm very surprised. I didn't think anything could affect the growth/shedding cycle that quickly. In the past, it is usually 2-3 months after trying a new treatment that I notice a change in shedding ... and it's usually an increase (which everyone always claims is a GOOD sign and means it's working ](*,) )

There are absolutely NO signs of regrowth ... not surprising considering it has only been 3 weeks. For now, I'm happy not to be pulling walnut-sized clumps of hair from the shower drain every morning.

Like Jacob said, the Day 1-4 serum is a real pleasure to use. But I'm not crazy about the Day 5-14 serum. It's almost too much conditioning. Leaves my hair a little flat and too soft with no body at all.

I'm almost finished with my first 2 rounds of Day 1-4 and Day 5-14. Planning on doing another 2 rounds.

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Joanne wrote:In terms of the results the product claims ... reduced shedding ... I'd say that I've had very quick results.

For me, shedding reduced dramatically. It was noticeable around Day 5 and has continued to improve a little almost every day. I've been using it now for 3 weeks and my daily shed is around 100. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But this is a big change from 200++/day.

I'm very surprised. I didn't think anything could affect the growth/shedding cycle that quickly. In the past, it is usually 2-3 months after trying a new treatment that I notice a change in shedding ... and it's usually an increase (which everyone always claims is a GOOD sign and means it's working ](*,) )

There are absolutely NO signs of regrowth ... not surprising considering it has only been 3 weeks. For now, I'm happy not to be pulling walnut-sized clumps of hair from the shower drain every morning.

Like Jacob said, the Day 1-4 serum is a real pleasure to use. But I'm not crazy about the Day 5-14 serum. It's almost too much conditioning. Leaves my hair a little flat and too soft with no body at all.

I'm almost finished with my first 2 rounds of Day 1-4 and Day 5-14. Planning on doing another 2 rounds.

Joanne-

Are you using anything in conjunction with the Dermatopoietin?

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Mitcky-

Not using anything else at the moment other than LLLT (which I've been using for 13 months). I wanted to give this product a clean test and not combine other stuff at the same time.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:30 am

joanne, what do you think of LLLT as a standalone treatment? I've done it for ages now (must be 16-18 months), but I do so much other crap, I don't know what, if any, results are from LLLT. Have you seen any significant improvement that you KNOW to be from LLLT?

megan99
Occasional Poster

Post by megan99 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:28 pm

thank you very much joanne and jacob for responding. i will keep everyone posted as well...

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:48 pm

perga wrote:joanne, what do you think of LLLT as a standalone treatment? I've done it for ages now (must be 16-18 months), but I do so much other crap, I don't know what, if any, results are from LLLT. Have you seen any significant improvement that you KNOW to be from LLLT?

LLLT has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. Big shed around the second month and then again at the 5th month. After that, my scalp felt great for about 3-4 months. No itch, more scalp flexibility, less shedding, tons of little tiny hairs sprouting everywhere. Then around July/Aug the shed started again ... with the itchy, inflamed feeling. It hasn't really let up since ... almost 6 months. I use my device every 3 days for 20 minutes. Hardly excessive or too little.

I haven't given up on LLLT because there's just to much science behind it. I suspect there's a missing piece of the puzzle for us DIY laser users. Maybe it's the lack of pulsing/modulation? Maybe it's something else. I don't know. I find it strange that laser clinics using helmets with 107 lasers (Dr Maricle's Sunetics clinical LLLT device, for example) have really impressive regrowth photos. I haven't heard about those kinds of results from the DIY crowd and we're using a lot more diodes.

Also, they say women have quicker and better results with LLLT and that hasn't been the case for me, so I'm trying to figure out what exactly the laser clinics are doing and replicate that if I can. Some of the pics I see of female LLLT clients after 6 months are amazing. I'm not even maintaining at this point.

So ... long answer to your question ... for me, at the moment, DIY- LLLT isn't a stand-alone treatment. If I can figure out what the clinics are doing, it might be.

bluefin
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral,Alpecin..looking for a good non minox topical.

Post by bluefin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I received my kit on Friday 11 Dec... Just used for a few days. Will post results. Will continue to use Alpecin shampoo.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 am

Joanne wrote:around July/Aug the shed started again ... with the itchy, inflamed feeling. It hasn't really let up since ... almost 6 months. I use my device every 3 days for 20 minutes.
Have you considered the possibility that you are overstimulating with the treatment times?

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Anyone receive their TB4 yet?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

I haven't even received a response to my last email..yet :-s

megan99
Occasional Poster

Post by megan99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Hey Joanne. I sent you a PM. just in case you see this first.