Derma Stamps

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Derma Stamps

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 am

Has anyone tried one of these? I never cared for the dermaroller..maybe those of you who shave your heads or nearly shave your heads..love 'em. I would think a "stamp" would be better if you're concentrating on certain areas(such as the temples). You could even stamp those areas a few times or more..get a bunch more holes quicker. I would think it'd be quicker doing your whole head too..especially if you have some(longer) hair up there.

Some examples:

http://enskin.en.ec21.com/Derma_Stamp_S ... 86850.html

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/SKIN-STAMP-derma ... 439c4f0d64

http://besttattoosupplies.com/TATTOONEE ... -sr-1.html

http://www.jglobalsales.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=12

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Derma Stamps

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm

In case I do get the C'rum....anyone have experience with these? I know the dermarollers have been used...some decent ones with decent prices would be appreciated on those as well. I still think it'd be easier just stamping myself. Especially in the crown area..and where there's plenty of hair.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Unlike dermal rollers, which penetrate the skin at wide, varying angles, leading to stretching and pulling as the device rolls across the skin, SkinStamp penetrates straight into the skin without stretching or pulling. This reduces bleeding, downtime and the risk of adverse reactions, such as post-inflammatory pigmentation on ethnic and sensitive skin types.
Not sure if that would apply to the scalp..

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 pm

The Deluxe Electric Skin Roller (with Vibration Mechanism) is the most cutting-edge, professional-grade, skin roller with a vibration function to maximize the results of needle therapy. Powered with an electrically-operated vibration action that increases efficiency and lessens discomfort, the Deluxe Skin Roller dramatically increases the effectiveness of your hair and skin products by increasing absorption of your products from the standard 4% to as much as 87% of the product being absorbed deep in your skin. Using the Deluxe Skin Roller promotes production of new collagen, leading to skin rejuvenation, great skin elasticity, and tightening and thickening of the skin. Usable on the face and body, the Deluxe Skin Roller can help reduce and soften acne or surgical scars, diminish the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks, reduce large pores, smooth heavy pitted skin, and help reverse the effects of sun damage. When used on the head, the Skin Roller also stimulates the hair to keep its thickness and help with thinning and balding hair areas. Dramatic results can be seen with one week. This roller's design enables you to remove the needle head and enjoy needle therapy without needing to purchase a new roller once the needles are no longer as effective or each time you want to try a different needle depth.
* Vibration System Leads To Less Discomfort: As the first roller on the market with this feature, the optional vibration can be turned on and off to produce faster and easier penetration, with less force and much deeper needling with less pain. The Vibration Mechanism decreases the contact time between the skin surface and the needles, leading to less discomfort.
* More Needles Per Head:The Deluxe Skin Roller has 540 needles needles per roller head, compared to the standard roller that has less than 200 needles per head. With more needles, you have greater penetration in less time.
* Thinner Needle Thickness:The needle thickness is 0.20mm, compared to the standard needle thickness of 0.25mm, which means you will have less discomfort and pain during needle therapy.
* Needle Shape leads to less pain: The diamond shape of the Deluxe Skin Roller leads to less pain compared to the conventional round shaped needle of other skin rollers. This is because the thickness of the round-shaped needle is twice as large as the diamond shape needle of the Deluxe Roller.
http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.d ... &procid=50

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:31 pm

There's this one again: http://www.microneedle.com/main/mts-personal.html

I think if I were going with a Dermaroller it'd be with either that one or the previous..vibrating one.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Someone must have an opinion on all this....

I'm leaning towards the vibrating one..not just because it vibrates, but because "The Deluxe Skin Roller has 540 needles needles per roller head, compared to the standard roller that has less than 200 needles per head. With more needles, you have greater penetration in less time."

They do have them on Ebay- the same company that distributes them has them there.

It'll either be that one for me..or a dermastamp. Up and down a few times in one area would produce as many "holes"..you'd think..as the dermaroller mentioned above. They do talk about thinner needles and a different needle design though..for that dermaroller.

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Jacob wrote:Someone must have an opinion on all this....

I'm leaning towards the vibrating one..not just because it vibrates, but because "The Deluxe Skin Roller has 540 needles needles per roller head, compared to the standard roller that has less than 200 needles per head. With more needles, you have greater penetration in less time."

They do have them on Ebay- the same company that distributes them has them there.

It'll either be that one for me..or a dermastamp. Up and down a few times in one area would produce as many "holes"..you'd think..as the dermaroller mentioned above. They do talk about thinner needles and a different needle design though..for that dermaroller.
I realize that this might be the stupidest question...but, here goes.....don't the needles BREAK good hair?????

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:08 pm

I don't have any proof..but no, I don't think so. EXCEPT if you get your hair caught in the thing somehow. My guess is the longer your hair the harder it is to use a roller. I was never comfortable using one except a bit on the crown area and then the receded/temple areas.

Another plus for the STAMP 8)

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Dr Lee Xandrox plus, TB4, Lamas Serum, Revita, Lamas shampoo, Keto, 300 diode LLT, Elsom T1, T2

Post by NegativeNorwood » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:44 pm

The problem is even if your hair is only an inch or two inches long the hair shaft can still be needle penetrated, stamp or roller :oops:
I think if or when I get the Derma Crum I'll go for the The Deluxe Skin Roller as I'm all for greater penertration Lol.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:59 pm

what size of roller should i get? in terms of penetration depth?

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:23 am

Es what size is good and do they last along time?

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Dermarolling with a "normal" roller (less than say 1.5 mm) doesn't hurt your follicles. At least there is no such evidence that I know of. The needles don't reach deep enoug to actually reach the "roots".

However, especially if the needles are dirty your could theoretically lose hair because of irritation, infections etc. I think Dr Aq has been hinting that he suspects some sort of connection between shedding and dermarolling, but don't take my word for it.

Regarding stamping vs. rolling, I would personally say a roller is preferable. I have no problem limiting the area I want to roll, in case I want to test on a small area. And it must be much more tedious using a stamp when you want to cover a larger area. I haven't tried the stamp, though.

I would go with a roller about 1 mm. I have one 0.5 mm and one 1.5 mm (I think) and the 0.5 mm feels like it doesn't penetrate enough. IIRC the scalp epidermis can easily be 1 mm thick.

I actually think they are supposed to be used only once officially, which is quite silly. At least that's what the disclaimer says. And the model I have is not supposed to be put in the autoclave either. However, I think if you disinfect/sterilize them properly you can use them for quite some time, but I'm no doctor.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:54 pm

That vibrating one is .25...which is what I'll be using. I'm going for ease of use and more holes. It may be better to have it go deeper..but nano-tech like this..and I'm assuming it is nano-tech..absorbs pretty good the way it is..and also follows along the hair shaft. Tons of holes to get things started should be a bonus.

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:14 am

how often can/should you dermaroll your scalp? is it ok to do it more than once a day if you apply several topicals?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:46 am

first time i see you really excited about a product jacob, you are dropping everything for dermaheal! :roll:
You really think this is the best product out there? Do you think this is better then asc-j9?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 am

:lol: I'm not necessarily dropping everything else because I think this is going to work wonders. I'm doing it to save some $(meaning..dropping those products to be able to pay for this Stem C'rum) and also to get away from the twice daily topical applications. I may still use the Pristeen here and there..or also start with the StimuCap product(which I already have here)- although with that one I'll probably wait a couple of months first. Out of everything that's available to us at the moment..IMO this is probably the best to try for regrowth. Again..that doesn't mean it's going to work. As far as I know..asc-j9 isn't available yet..right?

Ya know..if the Pristeen would contain the apple stem cells..and didn't have so much alcohol...it'd make it easier for me to continue with that while using this Stem C'rum. I'd like to continue with both the hGH and apple stem cells..and the alcohol seems to have started to irritate things a bit up there.

j872..I've read most recommending using such a device 2-3 times a week. I think it also depends upon how deep you're 'rolling.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Asc-j9 is very expensive a guy from belgium witch i know is using it for a few weeks now, he says it has very good side effects, he feels real fit and his brain is very sharp after using it, he also uses dutas and the sides from the duta are gone now after a few years of use. He is getting more musculair and loses a lot of body fat cause of the asc-j9, he is doing alot of fitness. Now hoping for some regrow hehe

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I take it he's taking it internally? Isn't it being investigated for topical use?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 am

he is taking this topicly! They are still in the trials but this dude got real asc-j9 for alot of money and is experimenting on his self

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Is he using DMSO with it or something??