What to order?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Promox
Nizoral
HairMax

What to order?

Post by avgjoe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:35 am

Hi all

Am a NW 3-4, with diffused thinning all over. Started avodart a few months back... taking it 3-4 times per week. The good news is that I have'nt shed a single hair for a while... Occasionaly I lose 1 or 2 in the shower, but not often. So either Avodart works, or everythings gone and theres nothing left to lose lol.

In this time I used Tricomin occasionally, but that did nothing for any regrowth. What I am finding odd is that there's no regrowth at all - so I want to kick start this. I also tried the MTS peptide topical that was posted here... Nice gel, but again, hard to say if it did anything. That said, I only used it once a day, and did'nt use it religiously.

I want to use TB4 as an evening rub, and Lama's serum during the day.... Is this viable? Or should I add in some Minox somewhere too?

Lastly, I am considering the stem cells pills like Stem Kine or Holo Beaux - my only concern is that the pills on their own won't work well - surely they have to be supplemented with something?

Any advice on the above?

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Re: What to order?

Post by intricate1 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:29 pm

my suggestion is to use growth factors/peptides and use it for 6 months at least.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh please..whatever you do/use...use it religiously and stick with it for a good amount of time :lol:

The combo you suggested seems fine..what intricate1 said also makes sense. I'm curious to know if you found a source for the Holo Beaux supplement(s)..? There is a page on the clinics that use the stuff..most if not all were in Canada. Maybe it's linked to the other links that I linked to :-s

I see I posted that thread in the wrong section :-x http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 4501&hilit

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks for the tips, that is handy advice... Through reading up more, I've only confused myself more lol... So here's my regimen, advice please on the decisions....

Shampoo
Avalon Organics Thickening Shampoo alternating with
Revita (or is something like Zenagen worth a try?)

Morning
Follica Topical (http://www.agestop.net/Agestop/product_ ... 1735&CID=0)
followed up by Minox Maxogain or Spectral RS or other options?

On the above, I hate the irritation and side effects of Minox so would be ideal to leave out altogether, but doubt I'll get much progress. Used Promox for a while and Dr Lewenbergs before that with some mild success. Have not used Minox in over a year now and not had the backlash I had expected but have thinned out a lot

After Work
Peter Lamas (what else can be considered here?)

Evening
Dermaheal (what else can be considered here?)

Internals (already taking these)
Avodart
Toco8
Vit B
Maca
Zinc + Copper
Want to add the above mentioned stem cell internals slowly (or more like if I can afford it!)

Thanks for any advice!!!!!

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

With all that, you should look like Sasquatch!! Just kidding....I too am looking for something good to add

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Bump...anyone?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Looks good to me. Sounds like you want to stay with minox and dut..and I'm not going to be one of those that says- you don't need it! Stay away from drugs!

Which stem cell supplement will you be taking? I'm assuming Stem Kine..wonder where it's the cheapest :-k

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Jacob

You mentioned in another thread that it is well worth trying more than one thing at a time to shock follicles.
With regards to the current list of newer topicals out, what do you think is best for someone who's had hair loss for a while... Any treatment thats better suited / worth more to NW3-4 users (wth diffuse thinning)

E.g. Is TB4 better than Dermaheal

Thx

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I couldn't tell you. You would think it'd be something like the Stem C'rum from Dermaheal..but none of us have tried it yet. I've never even tried the "regular" Dermaheal or that TB4 product.

I guess my point was..especially if you've been trying things over the years..that these newer ones would make more sense to look into. I've had good luck with the things I've used in the past and even what I'm currently using, but to get as much regrowth as possible I'm going to try yet another product that *looks* promising..but no one will really know unless they(or we) try it.

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Thats a fair point... here's a list of what I have tried - can anyone suggest products that perhaps are worth looking at?

Dr Lewenberg - some regrowth, but can't use it 4x per day
Promox - used the DMI formula, did maintain but not much regrowth & also needed 4x per day
Tricomon - no regrowth, but scalp feels nice
Revivogen - tried it years ago, but was very intermittent and think I'm too far down the line for a product like this to work now
A&G - tried 2 courses of the original, stopped shedding but 0% regrowth

I suppose like everyone else here - there are times when you think you need something really potent to kick start any progress (if there's progress to be made).. Any suggestions?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

You could wait and see if that Stem C'rum does anything for those of us about to try it. Otherwise maybe DermaHeal or that TB4 product(I still would like to see the ingreds for that one before trying it)

avgjoe
Regular Poster
Nizoral
HairMax

Post by avgjoe » Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 am

Can't believe I still have'nt decided what to get lol.. I'm thinning out very quickly and when I buzz down to a 1 guard there's a lot of scalp showing. Has anyone had any success with Eucapil or Crescina (700)?

In short, what other products would offer the greatest chance for regrowth...

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 am

Is anyone using the Stem Kine product?

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon May 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Eucapil did nothing for me after 3 months..maybe not long enough to see results but really it did nothing at all.