My new whacked out regimen

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

bocor
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

My new whacked out regimen

Post by bocor » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 am

Ok just started revita shampoo along with retinol/allantoin cream topical on left side of scalp.Bakuchi oil on right front of scalp and am about to start confrey extract on right back of scalp......I will soon be starting genesis today total goji 100 internal as well as Fresh royal Jelly internal as well as royal jelly topical when i phase out whatever is ineffective first in my topical regimen.I think we can weed out products that dont work faster if we only apply them to say 1 side of the scalp.Then try a different topical on the other side

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Re: My new whacked out regimen

Post by 0416Dr » Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 am

I am using Revita also and I really like this shampoo!! Lots of fuzz hair, my miniaturized hairs are growing! Very less hairloss now! I am using this 5 times a week.

What is this retinol/allantoin cream topical? Do you have more info?
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 am

0416Dr wrote:I am using Revita also and I really like this shampoo!! Lots of fuzz hair, my miniaturized hairs are growing! Very less hairloss now! I am using this 5 times a week.

Are you being serious? I can't tell....usually the tone of this forum is of skepticism (understandably). So is Revita really working for you?

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 am

xyion1 wrote:
0416Dr wrote:I am using Revita also and I really like this shampoo!! Lots of fuzz hair, my miniaturized hairs are growing! Very less hairloss now! I am using this 5 times a week.

Are you being serious? I can't tell....usually the tone of this forum is of skepticism (understandably). So is Revita really working for you?
Ok...I understand. First, there is no review on this forum about Revita, neither other forums are really talking about it. Secondly, if you check amazon and ebay, Revita does get really good reviews. Third, I am using a niz shampoo for over a year now and I think the results are great but even better with Revita. My hairstatus is exactly the same as 1 year ago. (thats when I started to realise that I have MPB...because I lost lots of hair at my temples in 3 years.

Then again, the result what I am having is not that big I guess....and also it wouldnt work for everyone. Im NW2, but most ppl would consider me NW1....ppl even laugh at me when I say that I have lots of hairloss and that I have MPB.

Anyway, my hairloss was reduced signifinately with the niz shampoo, but after using Revita even more. I dont even see any hairs anymore while having a shower or styling my hair, although I know I have hairloss (mosly seen on my pillow) but it should be normal now.

Since I started to use Revita (like 1 month ago) I have seen lots of fuzz hair (actually more like this week) and I was actually watching 1 miniaturised hair as this one is exactly on the middle of my right temple and the only one hahaha. This one didnt grew since last year, but since Revita it grew like 1cm in 3 weeks (im 100000% sure of that)....and also possible as my hair grow really fast....that got my really excited.

BUT I actually wanted to wait a bit longer before I wanted to post results (maybe with pictures). I just replied on this thread as I saw someone else is also using Revita.

Im thinking of adding Spectral RS (the one without the minoxidil) to my regimen.

If I can keep my hair as it is today (and actually as 1 year ago)....I would be very very happy (for now I am) and it seems Niz is working for me.

Still, I think minoxidil with fin. would give far better results if you cant wait to regrow hair.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 am

Also I really like the ingredients....and ppl over here are talking positive about these ingredients:
*Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B2 and C1)
*Copper Peptides
*Spin Traps
*Ketoconazole
*Rooibos
*MSM
*Caffeine 4%
*Carnitine Tartrate
*Amino Acids (Ornitine, Taurine, Cysteine)
*Emu Oil
*Biotin

It seems Revita has been revised....

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm

0416Dr wrote:Also I really like the ingredients....and ppl over here are talking positive about these ingredients:
*Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B2 and C1)
*Copper Peptides
*Spin Traps
*Ketoconazole
*Rooibos
*MSM
*Caffeine 4%
*Carnitine Tartrate
*Amino Acids (Ornitine, Taurine, Cysteine)
*Emu Oil
*Biotin

It seems Revita has been revised....
I'm glad to hear you are getting results...I honestly wasn't sure if you were being serious or not.

I have very mild hairloss....though I have some miniturization behind the hairline (about 1" back) that I'd like to convert back into terminal hairs, thats it. My temples are still "intact" just not as dense as everywhere else.

Perhaps I'll give the Revita a try, and it will help in conjunction with the other stuff I'm taking. I have no desire to use fin/minox ever, I'd rather just shave it.

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

REVITA REVIEW....Ok only 2 days in but my scalp feel REALLY good and ALIVE after application and seems to last hours and hours.I never bought revita in the past because i just thought it was hype but i DID read the amazon reviews as well which is why i decided to try it.I dont think i will ever use another shampoo than this.Its great.I double wash in the morning and single wash in the evening and leave on for a few minutes each time........The retinol cream im using is from supplement spot retinol cream 4oz with allantoin for only 18 bucks

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

bocor wrote:REVITA REVIEW....Ok only 2 days in but my scalp feel REALLY good and ALIVE after application and seems to last hours and hours.I never bought revita in the past because i just thought it was hype but i DID read the amazon reviews as well which is why i decided to try it.I dont think i will ever use another shampoo than this.Its great.I double wash in the morning and single wash in the evening and leave on for a few minutes each time........The retinol cream im using is from supplement spot retinol cream 4oz with allantoin for only 18 bucks
please do keep us updated about the revita...i've read some shedding horror stories, but also some very positive reviews, so it seems like hit or miss.

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 am

what shedding horror stories are you refering to?
can you link it?

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Fri May 07, 2010 3:43 am

bocor wrote:REVITA REVIEW....Ok only 2 days in but my scalp feel REALLY good and ALIVE after application and seems to last hours and hours.I never bought revita in the past because i just thought it was hype but i DID read the amazon reviews as well which is why i decided to try it.I dont think i will ever use another shampoo than this.Its great.I double wash in the morning and single wash in the evening and leave on for a few minutes each time........The retinol cream im using is from supplement spot retinol cream 4oz with allantoin for only 18 bucks
I can confirm this.

Im now getting pimples....thats the very first time that I am getting pimples on my hairline...can this have more reasons?

I love the way my hair feels after using Revita, very very soft :D I wont change shampoo either, this is the best one I used.

Bocor, whats this retinol cream?

nix:
Please check out Amazon or eBay.

xyion1:
When I first received Revita I started reading this manual which came with the package. In this manual it clearly states (Im sorry I cannot quote now) something like "The first two weeks an increase of shedding can be seen".
Although I already was using a shampoo with Ketoconazole, so I didnt have any increase in shedding but actually a decrease in hairloss. Im very satisfied at the moment, hopefully it will stay like this.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 am

nix wrote:what shedding horror stories are you refering to?
can you link it?
Perhaps "horror story" was a poor choice of words. Of course I can't verify the credibility of the reviews, but here are 2 that I found mentioning shedding:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R26NWID8PL ... r_rdp_perm

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1GX2XKGLP ... r_rdp_perm.

0416Dr, are you using anything else new besides Revita? What else are you using in general? Pimples are generally a good sign!

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Fri May 07, 2010 9:10 am

0416Dr, are you using anything else new besides Revita? What else are you using in general? Pimples are generally a good sign!
Well, I'll hope so.... :D I'll just be patient and will see what is going to happen.

For now, I have just quit smoking (couple of months now) as it is bad for your skin and I understood also for hair (must be the skin then). Also I started to eat more healthy....lots of vegetable and no more fried food.

Maybe I shouldnt say too much as it can turn out that this isnt working and what I am seeing is coincidental. I just dont want to fob off ppl with something...Although I am honest with the posts above (about the miniaturized hair and pimples).

Though, I think Ketoconazole is working for me:
Here are my pictures from last year. First is after photo (5-6 months ago), second is exactly 1 year ago when I started to realise that my hair on my crown was thinning).
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=8&t=1477

Attached is a recent photo (taken yesterday)....but I dont know with these kind of pics....although I do like it very much. It kinda makes me happy. Most important for me is that the skin of my crown is no more visible anymore...(before photo it is clearly visible, after photo not so visible anymore and attached photo is not visible at all). Next week I will have a haircut and make another picture.

But then again...the before photo: I have slightly shorter hair and I was very very stressed (I had to rest for weeks before getting to work again).

So you can decide yourself to what extent I have MPB or hairloss...or even stress related.
Attachments
IMG_0217.jpg
hair 04-05-2010
IMG_0217.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 16480 times

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't see any hair loss in there at all. Most people here would probably kill for your hair. Just sayin..

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Jocko59 wrote:I don't see any hair loss in there at all. Most people here would probably kill for your hair. Just sayin..
I am glad you are not my doctor. You think hairloss is only there when you are NW4+? Just saying... :-s

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 am

0416Dr wrote:
Jocko59 wrote:I don't see any hair loss in there at all. Most people here would probably kill for your hair. Just sayin..
I am glad you are not my doctor. You think hairloss is only there when you are NW4+? Just saying... :-s
0416Dr, to be honest, I don't see any issues with the last picture either (which, I guess is the goal).

I took a look at the other ones you posted and can see your temple recession in first one as well as possibly some crown thinning. I say possibly because of angles, lighting, etc.

If your current picture is a top view, it looks like whatever you're doing is working. Also, your hair seems to be a bit longer, which could mask the results a bit, but still, it looks good.

I did end up purchasing some Revita from GNC (only cause it was on sale with the Gold Card and I had to get some protein powder anyway). I tried it for the first time last night, and it seemed OK. When I left it on for 3+ minutes all the foam kind of evaporated....does that happen for you also? If this doesn't work, I'm holding you responsible. :D

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Mon May 10, 2010 2:52 am

Fortunatelly I have said that this might not work for everyone :-P

And actually, these kind of comments (no issues etc) are making me happier as I have posted the before pictures on more sites and all were advicing me to use Fin and Minox before it is too late. I do have covered my temples, so it looks like there is no problem at all.....but there is. But since I use Keto shampoos the situation didnt go any worser (thank god!). One of these days I will have a haircut and make another picture...

When I left it on for 3+ minutes all the foam kind of evaporated....does that happen for you also?
Yes, when you leave it for a while then the foam disappears indeed....but having foam is not a way to see that a shampoo is doing its work....so don't pay much attention to that.
I took a look at the other ones you posted and can see your temple recession in first one as well as possibly some crown thinning.
I did not have bald temples, like 3 - 3,5 years ago....and now there are totally gone bald, so I know 100% for sure that I have a receding hairline. Also, my hairs were 10x thicker..no matter how wet they were no-one could see my scalp, but nowadays everybody can.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:59 am

0416Dr wrote:Fortunatelly I have said that this might not work for everyone :-P

And actually, these kind of comments (no issues etc) are making me happier as I have posted the before pictures on more sites and all were advicing me to use Fin and Minox before it is too late. I do have covered my temples, so it looks like there is no problem at all.....but there is. But since I use Keto shampoos the situation didnt go any worser (thank god!). One of these days I will have a haircut and make another picture...

When I left it on for 3+ minutes all the foam kind of evaporated....does that happen for you also?
Yes, when you leave it for a while then the foam disappears indeed....but having foam is not a way to see that a shampoo is doing its work....so don't pay much attention to that.
I took a look at the other ones you posted and can see your temple recession in first one as well as possibly some crown thinning.
I did not have bald temples, like 3 - 3,5 years ago....and now there are totally gone bald, so I know 100% for sure that I have a receding hairline. Also, my hairs were 10x thicker..no matter how wet they were no-one could see my scalp, but nowadays everybody can.
I'm not sure how old you are, but early-mid 20's is when your hairline moves from "juvenile" to "mature". You can google/read several sites which say exactly how far mature is (and its about NW2). It's happened to a load of my friends and myself, mine is just choppy, so I'm looking to thicken it up a bit and prevent any further recession.

I will keep trucking with the Revita, thanks for that info. One more question: does your bottle come with weird push in dispensing mechanism to open the bottle? I don't really like that so much, seems like it'd be easy for it to leak all over if not properly closed. And the other side is round, so forget putting it upside down...

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 am

I'm not sure how old you are, but early-mid 20's is when your hairline moves from "juvenile" to "mature". You can google/read several sites which say exactly how far mature is (and its about NW2). It's happened to a load of my friends and myself, mine is just choppy, so I'm looking to thicken it up a bit and prevent any further recession.

I will keep trucking with the Revita, thanks for that info. One more question: does your bottle come with weird push in dispensing mechanism to open the bottle? I don't really like that so much, seems like it'd be easy for it to leak all over if not properly closed. And the other side is round, so forget putting it upside down...
27 now and indeed...this could be my mature hairline, but im not taking any risks as my brother is getting bald (like NW4) and he is just one year older. My father is completely bald. Its just that since I use a shampoo with keto I dont loose many hairs anymore...a year ago it was a real mess when just combing my hair or styling...I went from lots of hairs in the sink (20+) to 2 or 3 hairs....and that kinda makes me happy :)

anyway, indeed the bottle comes with this weird push mechanism to open the bottle...i dont like that either

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Just wanna say the following (using Revita every day + healthy diet):
*very low hair loss
*lots of vellus hair, I mean....what the ef? If those went terminal, I would have my juvinile hairline back...lol...but I like it this way
*stronger hair, no more bad hairdays
*no itching, no dandruff, healty scalp

Actually...I can spike my hair again :) :) :)

I do have short hair now, but I wont post a picture....as it pretty much looks like the one I already posted before....just shorter hair, but lots of hair and good thickness.

Im not sure what is going on....but I like it very much. Ppl might believe me or not...it might work for me or not....I actually dont care....just posted my thing and im out....might be back later for reading only, my friends are on minox + revita atm....I might post their progress as well including pics.

I will continue using revita...just to keep eveything healthy. If I can keep it like this untill Im old....I would be very very happy.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:05 pm

0416Dr,

do you use revita twice a day or once?

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm

once a day

dont expect too much from this shampoo, I guess the same can be accomplished with other shampoos as well. But I like this one very much.

Hairstatus still the same and very happy about it. No more lots of hairloss anymore.

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:52 am

0416Dr wrote:
Well, from the picture that you posted you don't appear to be having issues that I see. If you have some other pics that show different angles perhaps I can make a better judgement. But, yeah I'm not a doctor, I only play one on message boards.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:12 am

other pictures can be seen @ http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=8&t=1477

Im just freaked out that these bald areas at my temples "got bigger" in a couple of years. Although the last year it seems it is stable now. And whole my frontal hairline (or the frontal arae) was way thicker then....that is why I think I have MPB.

For now, if I ask my friend then they deny I have MPB....they think I am crazy :lol: . If my hair is still the same the next 2 years, then I can relax and conclude (or be satisfied) that this is my mature hairline. For now...im just carefull.