Hair is getting thicker

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

bocor
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hair is getting thicker

Post by bocor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

I believe it is undeniable at his point.It hasnt been this thick since ive been dealing with hairloss 10+years.The vellous at my hairline has lengthened roughly 1/8 inch from virtually nondetectable.I think i will stay on this regimen for itleast 6 months to see if i improve furthur and will update.Roughly 1 month ago i stopped revita and started TheraNeem Scalp Therape Shampoo double wash every day leave on for 2 minutes on first spplication then wash then do a second application, wait 6 minutes then wash out as well as applying a topical some mornings with the shampoo.This shampoo also makes my scalp feel great and i hope someone else here will try it if they are looking to change shampoos.This shampoo has many dht inhibitors including essential oils Poly-80 etc.But i love it and think it is the reason for my thickening.Hair i9n thinning areas is darker and thicker the texture is exactly as the sides of my head now and scalp inflammation is totally Gone!Im not sprouting any terminal hairs but im hopeful that the vellous will continue to lengthen.The only other thing i started was fish oil at 2 teaspoons per day which is a mild dht inhibitor but dont think its directly responsible.I also have on order colloidal gold which i plan to try on 1 side of head and have ordered Wakame seaweed to take internally but i think this shampoo is VERY powerful and look forward to others experiences but please allow enough time for it to work on the follicles

here is a link http://www.amazon.com/Thera-Therapy-SHA ... 941&sr=8-1

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Hair is getting thicker

Post by Joey Ramone » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:48 am

Cool, thanks man, will give it a go. Been looking into how to add polysorbate 80 anyway.

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:41 am

back to the helsinki formula hahaha mr joey \:D/

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am

How does polys.80 work regarding hairloss ?

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Do you use it in the morning and night?

And why the need for a second application?

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I wanted to give it sufficient time to work on the follicles.This shampoo really turned my hair alive but i dont think it will regrow terminal hairs.Im hoping it will keep what i have and maybe thicken some vellous.I just receved colloidal gold and am applying it twice per day now 240ppm

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

bocor wrote:I wanted to give it sufficient time to work on the follicles.This shampoo really turned my hair alive but i dont think it will regrow terminal hairs.Im hoping it will keep what i have and maybe thicken some vellous.I just receved colloidal gold and am applying it twice per day now 240ppm
What about the amount of hair you lose per day? Has it gone down?

If not then this thickening of the hair is just the panthenol in the shamppo that coats your hair.

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:49 am

Hairloss stabilized a couple years ago to maybe a few visible hairs per day loss.Havent noticed any more or less loss.I have used many other shampoos with panthenol without this effect.The effect on hair has been moderate thickening of thinning areas and increased vellous activity.I feel this shampoo acting on the scalp hours afterwards.I bought it beacuse of allthe natural dht inhibitors .The ingredients on the bottle are more than are tated online here they are

Water extracts of neem,peppermint,rosemary,and lemon balm.Aloe lef juice,polysorbate 80,panthenol,neem oil,rice protein,essential oils of lemon peel,peppermint,tea tree,lavender

kaspersos
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by kaspersos » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 am

nice share thanks . . . :-D
but em not confirm about polysorbate 80 . . . how it help in hair loss . . . ???

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 am

Bocor....I ordered this and will let you know my thoughts--Thanks!

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:08 am

Posted by Joe the zix guy on another forum... hope he doesn't mind me reposting it.
Polysorbate 80 is one of my all time favorite treatments for hair loss. It is cheap and helpful but it is certainly no miracle cure. It is extremely oily and gunky but it’s all kind of irrelevant because we end up washing it out of our scalp a few minutes after applying. We use it in Super Zix II and this is a “leave on your scalp” topical. However there is only a small percentage of P80 in the formula so it is not overly greasy. No one knows the mechanism of action. Some theorize that being an emulsifier it deep cleans the skin of excessive junk like sebum. I think I also read it is made from vegetable oils therefore perhaps it’s mechanism of action lies there….certain compounds found in vegetable oils have been suspected of regrowing some hair. I always find the story below to be interesting.

"Polysorbate is an extremely safe and completely harmless substance, and it is even used as a thickening agent in ice creams, mayonnaise, and salad dressings. So, if someone wished to try it as a topical application to stop hair loss, you would think that no one would care- and certainly not the U.S. government. However, since the early 1980s, the Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Trade Commission, and the United States Postal Service have been on a relentless campaign to discredit Polysorbate as a hair restorer, and the case even went to trial. At trial in 1992, there were 107 people who were willing to testify that Polysorbate had produced excellent results for them, and they brought with them before and after pictures, yet the government prosecutor had zero witnesses- expert or otherwise- to testify that it didn’t work. Nevertheless, the outcome was that it became illegal to claim that Polysorbate aided hair growth. However, according to the research of Dr. Purola and others, Polysorbate works all over the scalp, including the hairline in front, plus it is perfectly safe. For goodness sake, you can eat Polysorbate, and millions do unwittingly in numerous products that they ingest every day; so how much safer can you get than that?"

Here’s the link to where I found the above snipet:

http://www.polysorbate.info/

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:12 am

Just ordered some of this btw, pretty keen to see how it comes out. Was disappointed with the llamas shampoo so would still be nice to have a good adjunct to the elsoms.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 am

Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw popularized the use of polysorbate 80 for alopecia in their best-selling book, Life Extension: A Practical Scientific Approach. In their book, Pearson and Shaw report that use of polysorbate 80 in studies has resulted in an average of 60 percent hair regrowth after just six months of daily use.
Although histamine is usually considered the culprit behind seasonal allergies, in actuality this substance is essential for cell growth and reproduction. In fact, since histamine is a growth factor, applying to the scalp a substance that triggers histamine release may also promote hair growth. In animals, administration of polysorbate 80 triggers the production of histamine in mast cells and plasma histamine concentrations rise after administration of polysorbate 80. In humans, the administration of polysorbate 80 causes effects in the body similar to the body’s response after histamine administration. One way polysorbate 80 may result in hair regrowth may be through its ability to trigger histamine release in the scalp, stimulating cell growth
Polysorbate 80 may also remove dihydrotestosterone (DHT) from the scalp. Excessive levels of DHT are thought to cause hair loss. In addition, polysorbate 80 may
affect genetic activities in the hair follicle cells due to its ability to reverse early tissue damage that occurs at the beginning of toxin-induced carcinogenesis.
http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=1071
DURK: I have seen a few people that were really bald on top grow a full head of hair with polysorbate 80 shampoo. However, that is rare; that does not happen with even 1% of the people who use it. What I do think happens is that polysorbate 80 helps prevent further hair loss. That's been my own experience. If I go for a couple of weeks without using Inner Shampoo, a lot of hair starts coming out in the comb. It really does; the amount is alarming in fact.
DURK: The function and the consistency of dough - the way it stretches and the way it feels when you squeeze it - is due to cysteine-cysteine interactions. That's what produces the structure and function of body in your hair. This compound is called isostearoyl lactylate.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/article ... asp?id=258

This stuff has been talked about forever in these types of forums..I'm surprised someone didn't bring up the above instead of just- cleans up sebum, etc. I must have missed his post.

BTW..Elsom's Micellarin Green and Micellarin Fight both contain polysorbate 80! \:D/

doke
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 am

the helsinki formula is still available to buy,very sticky substance that makes thin hair look even thinner :-"

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Ive noticed that this shampoo has been the best product for inflammation ive ever used for sure.I do have to double wash to notice the tingling hours after.Otherwise i wont feel it.The thickness i achieved has maintained.Hairloss is virtually nil.I need growth agents now.I started magnesium oil mixed with colloidal gold and will try that one one side as topical and thuja extract on the other side twice a day.fingers crossed

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 am

Update bocor?

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Im still on the shampoo.The inflammation has not come back so im just kinda used to a good feeling scalp now.I have to remember to double wash and give it enough time to kep those benefits.The vellous at hairline has NOT lengthened any more than roughly 1/8th inch.Perceived thickness to terminal hair seems to have maintained.No terminal regrowth sadly but im happy about the anti inflammation effect.I will be starting soon on a product raved about all over the net by women called MEGATEK for horses.I would almost think they were planted reviews because they seem to be sooo dramatic. but there are just TOO MANY women raving about it.Its very curious indeed.I will also be getting on some more natural dht inhibitors like a product called Prostastrong from irwin naturals

caril
Occasional Poster

Post by caril » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:39 pm

hey thanks for sharing such a nice information. I have problem of thin hairs, this will help me. Nice to hear this that it also helps for hair fall..

bocor
Seasoned Poster

Post by bocor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes i believe it has stopped my loss and am curious how others would benefit or not.I will also be changing my regimen somewhat and will be addin hubners silica gel from the rave reviews of regrowth and study in Germany or 16% thicker hair in 6 months.I will also be adding megatek rebuilder as well as Bimatoprost(latisse) on left side of scalp.I ordered 5 3ml bottles