What's up with Thomas Whitfield lately?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

justthin
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

What's up with Thomas Whitfield lately?

Post by justthin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm

I noticed the site changed alot and hter eis alot more informaiton there but not sure how long ago...any thoughts on this guys theories and products?

I haven't checked the board much lately so I am not sure if you guys have already talked about the site change etc..

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Re: What's up with Thomas Whitfield lately?

Post by Fizzball » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 pm

If you are referring to his trx2 website then I see nothing different since the last time I visited, the product was released to the public with little to no fanfare, they have a special little closed club in which you are invited once you pay a subscription fee (seems suspicious to me) and discuss your findings, basically it seems like a guinea pig plant to me and Thomas has not offered one shred of visible evidence to suggest that this product actually works, worse yet I have been told that there has already been another similar product in the past so that on top of other things set my expectations lower for this Trx2 actually being worth a grain of salt.

I know I seem critical but given what I have seen...
If Thomas wants to actually conduct himself in a professional manner and conduct some interviews or provide some plausible evidence than fine... EXCELLENT! but until such time I suggest you approach this product with low expectations and caution.

See here for more on Trx2
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=9&t=2058
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

mhamilton
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine

Post by mhamilton » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:25 am

There has been lots of skepticism about TRX2 prior to release BUT one may take a more objective look at this.
The product has been for sale only since 4 weeks and to me it seems as early adopters are reporting outstanding results. check out the other forums, e.g.
http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread ... 59&page=82
Does anybody know if the product is available via a retail outlet yet?

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm

most of the guys over in the bald truth that are positive about it seem to be all newbies. Wait a minute!!! so are you mhamilton Mmmmm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:28 pm

I've seen that thread and didn't see anything that says anything one way or the other. I did contact the company about having a "trial" here...have yet to hear back.

Welcome to the forum btw...hope you'll stick around and show you're not with the company or something :wink:

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Ha! I've read it too. This is called creative marketing. Plant a few users on a few sites to drum up some interest. We've seen it all before. Every person claiming growth joined the site(s) just after the product has been released. I'd love to be proven wrong, but like Jacob, I've seen it all before.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 am

I'm not sure if I could replicate the bug with a fresh firefox browser (extension free) but under my firefox browser set up every time I select a 3 month supply and go to the checkout it becomes a 6 month supply, I tried to use opera browser and it worked without a problem so just a little heads up if anyone is also experiencing problems with the checkout system in firefox.

I was interested in this in the past and may have another look at it as time progresses but as I have said before if someone wants to try this go ahead.

I must admit the simplicity of just popping a pill is tempting but at the same time I get the impression that it may be too good to be true.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

I wouldn't be trying this until some proven results show up..

Because l-carnitine, one of the main ingredients, gave me increased facial hair growth and increased sebum production and itching of the scalp. Not good!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm about ready to delete mhamilton's post. :x

I had asked the company about doing a little trial here...wasn't crazy about their response but I'll give 'em a couple more days to respond to my latest....

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:29 am

All information is great regardless of where it comes from, still early to say for sure, I'd like to see more than one persons opinion to get a broader degree of results and data.

I know I am coming across as cynical but I'm trying to keep as balanced as possible on this and a great many other products being released, deep down even the most hardened cynic would love to be wrong, I think I will break down in tears of happiness if something comes along such as Trx2 that is available to the general public and actually does work.

It would be nice to see a trial occur within this forum but in reality I'm just glad they replied to you despite whatever sort of response you got, some companies don't reply at all. I'm guessing the response you got was that people can purchase trx2 with the club subscription and then be part of a super special trialist club to share the wealth of information available or something to that extent :D

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Another thing I notice is that on their site, Sir Thomas says trx2 contains a small microgram(mcg) of niacin but actually it contains about 12mg per capsule! LOL

"TRX2TM products contain a maximum of 70 mcg (= 0.00007 grams) per serving and therefore highly reduce the chance of any unwanted side effects. However, in order to comply with E.U. regulations and to fully inform our customers we have added a note on this to the product label of our supplement product. "

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 pm

deep down even the most hardened cynic would love to be wrong, I think I will break down in tears of happiness if something comes along such as Trx2 that is available to the general public and actually does work.
i can't ever admit that i would cry, because it could come back to haunt me. But ur right, i'm a huge cynic with all these new (and old) treatments. I hate some of these companies that are full of BS to the core, but i would LOVE to be proven wrong. Usually its just too easy to spot BS pictures, BS testimonials, and BS theories. unfortunately though i think my cynicism is warranted.

i'm longing for the day to be proven wrong. but i guess its only 5 yrs away, as always! :-({|=

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 am

LoL, it just seems like a long hard battle sometimes, not only with our own personal struggles with hair loss but with an industry thats full of unscrupulous scammers.

Yeah I hear you Anxious1, there is a lot and I mean a lot of BS so its sometimes hard not to feel bitter and cynical but when an actual product comes along that works then I will give it my support but so far there is nothing I can whole heartedly recommend to anyone but its hard to say because hair loss is such a complex issue and some people's hair loss can be solved easily whilst others aren't that simple but thats no excuse for any product developer to use because they should be carrying out numerous tests prior to release rather than theorycrafting their way through with their marketing pitch and walking away with your money.

LoL yep 5 is the magic number isn't it, we are actually learning much more about hair loss in recent years but things aren't moving quick enough to be honest.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 am

I'm guessing the response you got was that people can purchase trx2 with the club subscription and then be part of a super special trialist club to share the wealth of information available or something to that extent
Close. The guy was going to forward the "trial" request to the marketing dept or whatever. Never heard back. At the time he also mentioned it'd just be better if members here contact them about it..since they get quite a few "free trial" requests. Which I understand. But the problem with that is that leaves it open for newbies to start posting with results using the stuff..since they could say they read it here and contacted them etc. With us or any other site helping out with the trial..we'd at least be able to use known posters. So It's a little :-s that they'd be saying for posters here to request such a trial...but not allow us to pick the trialists etc. And maybe they'd end up having to purchase it..as you suggest.

But hey..maybe you guys should do that...contact them and say you're from Hairlossfight(i'll be accused of working for them now :lol: )..can't hurt.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm

There is no way this works... If it did he would just release it to the public ... This limited few people is bull

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:28 am

I'm confused..I thought just anybody could order it.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 am

It is available to the public, and is under trial by many others on another forum.

There is just something odd about this company that I can't put my finger on, might just be me though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 am

So did they actually become part of a trial or are they getting a "discount" to be in the trial..as was pretty much the last thing I was told...that could happen here.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 am

I think they are just independently running there own tests, ie: they actually just purchased it for themselves and are publicly documenting their progress.