My new regimen

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Niz

My new regimen

Post by 0416Dr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 am

It has been 2 years now I've noticed that I am starting to loose hair. Although things look quite ok (my hairloss is very slow I'll guess)...I just want to be sure that I keep what I have for now. A little regrowth would be nice though, but not necessary. This is my regimen now and I hope to see some opinions of you guys.

REVITA HIGH PERFORMANCE HAIR GROWTH STIMULATING SHAMPOO (I already use this for 2 years now, the best shampoo I've used imo)

I've added these 3 now:
REVITA.COR HIGH PERFORMANCE HAIR GROWTH STIMULATING CONDITIONER
Ingredients look quite impressive to me. I might drop the shampoo and replace by a cheap keto shampoo and use this conditioner instead.

FOLIGAIN™ for Hair Loss
This is quite experimental I'll guess. I am not sure how long this is on the market, but the ingredients are impressive:
Foligain™ combines natural vitamins, minerals, DHT blockers, and compounds that promote the growth of thick, healthy-looking hair.

• Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract: Ginkgo Biloba fastens blood flow to important peripheral part of human body along with fine capillaries thus directly affecting scalp parts. Blood carries oxygen with it so if there is more blood flow there is automatically more oxygen supply, oxygen brings more nutrients with it and all in all essential vitamins E & A give a new lease of life every time to the scalp.

• Saw Palmetto Berry Extract: Works by interrupting hormonal signals and therefore reducing the uptake by the hair follicles of a damaging chemicalcalled dyhydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is also responsible for shrinking hair follicle with which the hair follicle gets smaller and finer. This is referred to as miniaturization with which the hair ultimately falls off. This is how DHT is responsible for about 95% of hair loss. The men or women who lose more hair are those who are genetically pre-disposed in producing more DHT than others.

• Nettle Leaf Extract:Nettle herb is an exceptional plant for restoring health and beauty to your hair. Nettle works on the inside of your body as well as the outside. Rich in minerals and vitamins to nourish every system in your body, nettles will make your hair grow, gleam, get thick and darken. An added bonus is smooth, clear skin and hard nails.

• Folate:Because folate is important in tissue growth and cellular function, it is essential for your body to have enough of it to produce healthy skin, nails and hair, because these body parts must regenerate rapidly. Folic acid therefore helps prevent hair loss. It also may be a factor in keeping your hair from becoming gray.

• Biotin:Biotin is a major component in the natural hair manufacturing process it is essential to not only grow new hair, but it also plays a major role in the overall health of skin and nails.

• Iodine:Iodine can affect hair loss because it directly affects your thyroid gland, which in turn, directly affects the health of your hair follicles. Hair follicles are delicate and very susceptible to being damaged. Healthy hair follicles grow shiny, thick, healthy hair, while unhealthy follicles lead to just the opposite.

• Zinc: Deficiency in zinc can contribute a lot to hair shedding because without zinc and other related minerals, you hair shafts get weakened, causing hair breakage and very slow hair regrowth. Zinc benefits for hair include promotion of cell reproduction, tissue growth and repair of broken tissues. It also maintains the oil-secreting glands that are attached to your hair follicles, thus decreasing their chances of falling off.

• Copper:Copper helps to form hemoglobin in the blood cells and helps to carry the oxygen in the red blood cells. A diet deficient in copper does not help the body to make the hemoglobin needed to carry sufficient blood supply to the hair roots. When hair does not get the vitamins and minerals that it needs, it will die and fall out. The amount of hair loss you experience as a result of this depends on the extent of the copper deficiency.

• Niacin:Since niacin has a dilating effect on vessels and capillaries it is thought to be increasing circulation to the scalp and stimulating ‘hair growth’.

• Vitamin B6:Vitamin B6 is thought to prevent hair loss and help create melanin, the pigment which gives hair its color.

• Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): Prevents graying and hair loss.

• Beta-Sitosterol: Beta sitosterol is a natural plant extract used to stop hair loss in men and women. It has androgen-blocking properties which enable it to target the hormones responsible for male and female pattern baldness. When taken orally as a daily supplement, beta sitosterol has been shown to work best on men and women who have only recently noticed excessive hair loss or signs of premature balding. It's less effective on people who have had significant hair loss over the years

• Taurine: In a 2006 French study published in the "International Journal of Cosmetic Science," researchers confirmed that when the follicle's bulb takes in Taurine, it increases hair survival in vitro (test tubes) and prevents a specific inhibitor of hair growth called TGP.

• Jaborandi Leaves: Strengthens hair against breakage and loss. Promotes hair's natural shine.

• American Ginseng Root Extract: Ginseng is a wonderful herb that has many benefits. One of these is that it increases stimulation and improves circulation. This has helped those who are suffering from hair loss or weak and damaged hair. Ginseng will also remove any toxins that may be clogging your hair follicles, slowing down or stalling new hair growth.

Other Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Ethocel 20 Std Premium, Magnesium Stearate.

MINOXIDIL 5% SPECTRAL.MX5 (Low Alcohol Formula)
I really would love to use foam, but I've got quite long hair....so that is why I've chosen for liquid minoxidil and I thought I would be better off with low alcohol formula since I am a first time user of minoxidil.

Now I just hope to see some results after two months (less hairloss), hope to see more results after 6 - 12 months :D fingers crossed.
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: My new regimen

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for the update...keep us updated...and good luck 8)

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Any updates 0416Dr? Lower count on the number of hairs shed? Pics?

I'm thinking on replacing my almost-empty-bottle of Nizoral with Revita shampoo and also buying Foligain and Revita conditioner.
But about this last one I'm unsure. I may just save the money and buy some other product.

In the REVITA.COR HIGH PERFORMANCE HAIR GROWTH STIMULATING CONDITIONER product description they say:
Uniquely, this product is also a powerful locally acting 5-Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) inhibitor.
Does anyone see a DHT inhibitor in the ingredient list?
Deionized Water,
Caffeine,
Stearalkonium Chloride,
Cetearyl Alcohol,
Encapsulated Cultured Plant Stem Cells,
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract,
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein,
Panthenol,
Arctium Majus Root Extract,
Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride,
Hydrolyzed Rice Protein,
Arginine,
Apigenin,
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein,
Polyquaternium-11,
Burdock (Arctium Lappa) Extract,
Lupine Protein, Dicetyl Phosphate,
Panax Ginseng Root Extract,
Acetyl Tyrosine,
Ceteth-10 Phosphate,
Tea 99%,
Taurine,
Synthetic Wax,
Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride,
Hydrogenated Castor Oil,
Carnitine Hydrochloride,
Calcium Pantothenate,
Zinc Gluconate,
Niacinamide,
Ornithine HCL,
Citrulline,
Glucosamine HCL,
Biotin,
Butylene Glycol,
Zinc Sulfate,
Oleonolic Acid,
Biotinyl Tripeptide-1,
Ivy (Hedera Helix) Extract,
Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) Extract,
Nanotechnology Copper Tri-peptide,
Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (Roobios),
Ethylhexyl Stearate,
PPG-26,
Buteth-26,
PEG-40,
Peg 12 Dimethicone,
Ethylhexyl Pelargonate,
Cyclomethicone,
EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap),
Alcohol,
Panthyl Ethyl Ether,
Inositol,
Milk Protein,
Lactose,
Acetyl Cysteine,
Acetyl Methione,
Sodium Citrate,
Citric Acid,
Phenoxyethanol,
Ethylhexlglycerin.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 am

Cant say much now i think, all I see is that the last week i've been shedding a lot. It started with small thin hairs, but now im loosing lots of thick hairs. Hopefully this is a good sign. I do have lots of tiny hairs on my temples now, but im not sure if they will turn into terminal. Untill so far I dont have any side effects. Hope to see any changes soon.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

2 months have passed. Can you give us an update? O:)

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

I am sorry for my late reply. I am not reading hair loss sites so much anymore as I am less worried now. After a couple weeks of shedding, the shedding has stopped now. My hair loss is normal again. I have to say my hair looks great! I cannot say that I have lots of regrowth yet, but it is unbelievable how many tiny hairs I see on my temples (Im 100% sure they were not there). Some of them are turning into terminal hair now and that makes me so happy that I actually do not pay attention to my hair now. I think Folligain is doing a great job as well, at least I can say that my nails and skin are way better then before so I think this also has affected my hairs. I used to have "bad hair days"....now I dont have that as my hair looks great and I can style it in a minute nowadays. Maybe because my existing hair is much stronger? It doesnt feel or look weak. I can confirm that my miniaturised hair are growing again. The Revita shampoo and conditioner are just great, esspecially the conditioner. I think it smells really really great and makes my hair looks shiny and thick as well.

So for now I am actually happy....and even more happy as I recently have a girlfriend now and she is freaking hot!!! :P

oww yeah, I've compared my hair with my older brother (he is just 1 year older) and it makes me even more happier (sad for my brother). I've only lost my temples....he is actually almost NW4.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:59 am

Thanks for the update.

I'm happy for you man!
And congratulations on the girlfriend, in the end that's all that matters. Have fun! :)

KAXA

Post by KAXA » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:32 pm

I also use the Revita Shampoo and Conditioner. They are great adjuncts to any hair treatment protocol.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 am

Hi, just want to give an update with pictures. My hairloss started around 2009 and mid 2011 I started this regime.

I am not sure if this is result or regrowth, at least it is not getting any worse! No more sheddings and my hairloss is not noticable anymore.
For now everything looks great.

The only thing is that I have a very itchy scalp the last month..... :?

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics. Your hair looks great!

*runs away and cries for his lost hair*

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Must have missed that post. Nice head of hair 8)