Mesenchyme extract as a topical?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Mesenchyme extract as a topical?

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:42 pm

"Mesenchyme extract is made of cells known as mesenchymal stem cells. These cells have the ability to become almost any kind of cell in the body to promote renewal of functional tissues. Mesenchyme works primarily to increase cellular metabolism by providing rejuvenating molecules that boost the energy levels in all types of cells"

https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/prod ... Code/PH196

"While many of these abnormalities are caused by the action to epithelial cells of the hair follicle, the difference in androgen sensitivity is defined by dermal papilla cells which are mesenchymal cells of hair follicles."

http://www.med.or.jp/english/pdf/jmaj/v47no11.pdf (page 28)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Mesenchyme extract as a topical?

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Too much $....but I wonder about taking it internally..
CF Support-p™ delivers a calculated level of growth factors and extracts that help you restore lost energy, renew healthy immune system function, and comfort a sore and aching body.

The backbone of CF Support-p lies in the use of growth factors. Growth factor is a protein that acts as a signaling molecule between cells (like cytokines and hormones) attaches to specific receptors on the surface of a target cell and promotes differentiation and maturation of these cells.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Quite a few others out there..Douglas Labs has a # of 'em:

http://douglaslabs.com/pdf/pds/99460.pdf

Article on 'em: http://www.cocoonnutrition.org/catalog/ ... nchyme.php

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:37 pm

After hearing some horror stories from people in the body building regarding growth factors... I'm not so fond of them any longer, unless they're topical.

After reading that article I would just like to confirm the following:
Type-II 5alpha-reductases are needed for the action of androgen in male sexual organs (ie, to have libido and erections you need to have these enzymes in your body).
Since not all alopecia victims are super-muscled or super-endowed the problem is not in the level of 5alpha-reductases enzymes, but instead on the hair follicles; thus the bald crown region and the hairy back-of-head region. So the difference between men with/without alopecia is that their hair follicles have/don't have androgen receptors; am I correct?
Thus the problematic side effects of the big 2 working products which just aim at lowering the Type-II 5alpha-reductases.
But I really don't understand why the results aren't the same with everybody, only a few percent suffer from the side-effects, or the desired-effects.

"the difference in androgen sensitivity is defined by dermal papilla cells which are mesenchymal cells of hair follicles."
But in which way do those supplements help with hair growth or decrease hair loss? They claim they stimulate growth, so is it the growth of more flawed cells?

I think I'm going to schedule a medical appointment with an endocrinologist. I have no idea what my levels are. Maybe I'll find something new, but at the very least I'll satisfy my curiosity.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

That's why I titled this with a ?...I don't know if they'd help with hair loss or not. It's a bit different from what a bodybuilder would use though 8)