Procede. Anyone try it?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

mrsmith
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Procede. Anyone try it?

Post by mrsmith » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:33 pm

I searched and found no topics on "Procede". Their claims are astounding and I would love to just make one application a month.

BUT, here's what I bet they are banking on.
They predict that most customers will NOT drop the other treatments in their regimen.

mrsmith
Regular Poster

Post by mrsmith » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:34 pm

If no one drops the other treatments, the hair will improve or stay the same regardless of Procede.

James

Post by James » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Yeah that Procede stuff is just wierd. I think that it is a scalp peel or something and is just supposed to help cosmetically with the hair. It doesn't do anything to treat hairloss.

KC
Occasional Poster

Procede A Hairdressers stand point

Post by KC » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:37 am

Topical agents that "enlarge" the hair shaft can possibly threaten the integrity of the hair itself, making it dry and brittle. They use the term enlarge I use the term blasting. The outer most layer of the hair, the cuticle layer, serves to protect the cortex and medula. This is the layer where artificial hair color lodges itself into. The cuticle layer is similar to scales on a fish. They are inter locking, lay flat and reflect light creating a shine to the hair. When it is enlarged, the layers flex outward. Although I have never used the product, blasting the cuticle layer is not good for the hair. Which explains why your only to use it once every 90 days. I can only imagin how this could damage already vulnerable vellous hair.

Have you ever seen some one with over bleached hair? The light seems to be absorbed by the hair. It lacks shine and managebility. The cuticle has been chemically forced open to allow the lightening agents of the chemical to enter and bleach out the natural color. The same goes for over permed or colored hair. Thank God the companies who manufacture these color lines make special reconstructive and moisturizing products to artificially restore shine and tangle free hair.

Booly
Regular Poster

Post by Booly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:10 am

KC what do you think about neostrata 15% which I could apply on my scalp to clean it

KC
Occasional Poster

Post by KC » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:21 pm

I am unfamiliar with Neostrata so I looked it up. It appears to be a 15% acid peel. I used to use a 15% Glycholic Acid peel before I changed to Actifirm, an enzyme peel. Neostrata is made for the face not the scalp. I like the enzyme peel for 2 reasons. 1 it is more effective in softening the build up. 2. It is less drying on the skin and scalp. I can only suggest products I have had experience with.

When ever you want to try an unknown product always take a patch test 24 hours before you apply the product. Make sure the application is in a place where if the integritry of the hair is damaged it won't be noticed. These are all standard saftey measures that need to be taken to prevent injury and possible negative side effects.

Should you use the Neostrata, follow the directions to the letter. Make sure to protect the eyes from a possible drip. Does it need forced steam to activate it? How long can you leave it on the scalp? Does it need a skin conditioner after?
I hope this helps.

Booly
Regular Poster

Post by Booly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:25 pm

This a gel and I don't need any conditionner after rincing it, note that I never applied it on my scalp, it was just a supposition.
Arg I live in france, I can't come to see you :x

Cosmo

Re: Procede. Anyone try it?

Post by Cosmo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:06 pm

mrsmith wrote:I searched and found no topics on "Procede". Their claims are astounding and I would love to just make one application a month.

BUT, here's what I bet they are banking on.
They predict that most customers will NOT drop the other treatments in their regimen.
I tried Procede- 3 applications/9 months or something like that.

No results whatsoever.

If you try it, read the small print on the money back guarantee! I submitted my before and after pics late and didn't get my money back.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:57 am

That's interesting. Thanks for your letting people know about your experience with them Cosmo.