miconazole nitrate

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

doke
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

miconazole nitrate

Post by doke » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:12 am

Hi as its on another site is anyone on here using or has used micon nitrate anti fungal as there seems to be some excitment on the other site. \:D/

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Re: miconazole nitrate

Post by cloud9 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:58 pm

I am using it . How can you not with the positive results I am seeing on all the other hair sites . They are going crazy over this stuff . I am at one week on 2% miconazole . I hope it gos crazy on my head.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:46 pm

i used it 6 months and it did nothing! I`m a nw 1,5

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:55 am

hi cloud i am also using mixing a little bit of minox with each application,i have only been using it once a day at night and for only two weeks,it is supposed to be helpful antiandrogen and the nitrate opens up the arteries but that is in heart patients that take it under the tongue but it may be helpful on the scalp.

San-de
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Topically currently using Elsom terminals 1/2, emu oil, dermaheal, and lamas shampoo.
Internally I take selenium, green tea phytosomes, biotin, ashwagndha, GliSODin, Probiotics, ecklonia cava extract and IH top 6 (except for curcumin), and from time to time I have also taken Avodart.
I also eat a clean diet.

Post by San-de » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 am

I too have been hearing some good thing about miconazole of late. Below I have provided a link to the immortality institute -- a research site for increasing the lifespan and quality of life-- where a user talks about how it halted hair loss completely. Here is the link: http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/4420 ... hair-loss/
I trust alot of the people on that site as they usually have good information for nootropics and natural bodybuilding supplements-- hopefully this trend will extend into the hair loss region as well. Lets cross our fingers on this one, and hope for no serious side effects, or tolerance issues.

rosariorose9
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser Messiah 2, finasteride, Polysorbate 80, Revita shampoo, Capillogain tonic

Post by rosariorose9 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm using it as well, along with ketoconazole. Will advise of any results...

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 am

thanks guys it will be interesting to see although i do not know if it will do anything on its own i think the guys on the other site are using minox as well. \:D/

Azur
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Azur » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi all, Ive been using MN now along with topical fin for around 6 weeks with some promising results. I am wanting to know how the rest of MN users are finding the product? Also of any sides as well? I hope to hear from you soon.

TobyT
Occasional Poster

Post by TobyT » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:33 am

I am 29years with a NW 3 and lots of thinning.
I have been using Mico since mid October. I am excited about the results so far. My hair is getting stronger and I am experiencing regrowth in the temples and generally along the hairline. If this keeps progressing over the next 6 months I have reason to be very optimistic about my hair.
I have not had these good results since I used Avo 5 years ago. I can't use Avo or Minox due to side effects -- I have none with Mico. Merry Christmas!

timallen45
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: Laser comb 3x's per week. Nizoral 1% once or twice /week. Just began Miconazole 2% yesterday 12/26/10

Post by timallen45 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello Toby,
I am happy to hear about your progress with Miconazole. Can you pleasee tell me your exact regemin? For example: What is the name of the brand of Miconazole you use?
Where do you apply it and how often? Do you mix it with anything? are you on any other treatments at all? Has it slowed shedding at all and if so how long did it take? Any feedback/info would be great:)! Thanks so much! FYI I ca't tolerate Finas or minox. I am only on the laser comb and Nizoral and losing fast!! Thanks again!
Tim
Just in case your more comfortable with emailing: timallen45@hotmail.com

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:36 pm

I'd be very curious to hear Toby's regimen with Miconazole Nirate as well. Also does he use Ketoconazole cream with it as do some others who have gotten some great results. Does he apply the MN twice daily?
Thanks in advance mate.

Justin.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 am

Can anyone comment on issues with headaches whilst using this, some people have mentioned that it may cause headaches.

I wonder about the long term affects of using it in terms of a regiment... will there come a time where you may be able to ease off and use it say once a month for maintanence or will you just start shedding again.

This is all interesting stuff.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

TobyT
Occasional Poster

Post by TobyT » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I am using Monistat, 2% and apply it once a day, each night before bed time, plain, undiluted, on my clean/washed and dry scalp. I apply it all over my scalp, except for the sides, so basically wherever I experience thinning or the hair is gone (temples, front). I would say that my hair loss ceased after about 2-3 weeks; I am not experiencing any shedding. I do not notice any headaches, yet I would consider myself as someone sensitive to side effects which I noticed with regimens in the past. I added Keto early December because I am hoping for even better results. I apply Keto in the morning, but I attribute my success primarily to Mico. As for my current regimen, Mico and Keto are all I use, except for supplements (the usual suspects, which I have taken for years). I have tried many things over the past 7 years, including lasers, RU, Avo, Fin, Minox, and tons of other stuff. Unfortunately, I guess that at this point it is pure speculation whether a maintenance application will suffice. Hope this helps!

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 am

Thanks Toby for sharing that info. Very helpful and comprehensive. :)

Justin.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 am

Just ordered 2 tubes each of Mico and Keto which I should get by next week. I'm hoping for the best... The results sound encouraging for many so I'll let others know how I go with this treatment as well. :wink:

Justin.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks dreamlandman, I look forward to your trial reports

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:52 pm

I tried the MN for about 3 months but I did not notice any results. After I stopped using it there was a little bit of a shed for a while. I also noticed my hair got really oily as well as my forehead when I was using MN.

I did start trying S5 cream about 2 months ago and I can def see the results so far. Nothing huge but a definite improvement. Hair is getting thicker and stronger and my crown is not so noticably thin at this point. Again, nothing too crazy as far as results but something to look forward to if this keeps up.

Time will tell as this is obviously too short a time to see anything crazy .

I have not been around in a while as I was moving into my new house and due to the holidays but Happy new year to ALL! :D

soooo..what's the latest and greatest these days?

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A
Treatment Regimen: Nioxin System 3 Shampoo, Conditioner, serum,
Nioxin vitamins,
Rexall B Complex vitamins (with Biotin
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel
Paul Mitchell Formula One shampoo

Post by Charlie Bradley » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi Everyone this is my first post on the hair loss forums

I am on Day ten of using the Wal-mart Equate brand of Monistat once daily (as I am sure you all know its called Equate). I can see some very definite results ...nothing earth-shattering yet, but I feel the groundwork is definitely there... My regimen includes

Daily Nioxin System 3 shampoo
Nioxin System 3 Conditioner
Nioxin System 3 serum
Nioxin thinning hair vitamins
Nizoral
Neutrogena T-Gel
Fish oil capsules
One A Day Men's multivitamin
B Complex Vitamin with added Biotin.

I will say this: after having tried for nearly three years unsuccessfully to regrow my hair (after about 7 years of slow loss with the last five being majorly noticeable), adding the Monistat seems to have kick started something into action.

timallen45
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: Laser comb 3x's per week. Nizoral 1% once or twice /week. Just began Miconazole 2% yesterday 12/26/10

Post by timallen45 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 am

Please keep us posted Charles Bradley!

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 am

Charlie Bradley wrote:I am on day ten [...] I can see some very definite results [...]
after having tried for nearly three years unsuccessfully to regrow my hair (after about 7 years of slow loss with the last five being majorly noticeable)
So during 3 years... nothing. And now in 10 days... wow.
Must be the products your regimen. If it weren't for that I may have thought you were just trying to advertise something :roll:

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 am

Where can you purchase miconazole nitrate either than purchasing monistat 15mL's at the pharamacy? cheapest i've found is $9/ bottle... thoughts?

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 am

lost.hair.lost.youth wrote:
Charlie Bradley wrote:I am on day ten [...] I can see some very definite results [...]
after having tried for nearly three years unsuccessfully to regrow my hair (after about 7 years of slow loss with the last five being majorly noticeable)
So during 3 years... nothing. And now in 10 days... wow.
Must be the products your regimen. If it weren't for that I may have thought you were just trying to advertise something :roll:

I would think it was just the products in my regimen too, However, that doesn't explain almost 3 years of using the Nioxin, other shampoos, and vitamins with no real results, then ten days of adding the Miconazole to that, and I'm beginning to see some result is what has me kinda puzzled.I should add that its not like you can't see my bald crown because you can...but there is this light dusting of brownish peach fuzz(a bit shorter than a military haircut) where there was none ten days ago.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Can anyone from Australia suggest a common brand name for such a cream in Australia, I searched everywhere online for information and feel burned out now, I couldn't even find keto cream.

LoL, I'd rather avoid the awkward conversation with a pharmacist, I want to just walk in buy a cream and walk out but if I have to ask I'd like to have a leg up on the situation and maybe be able to ask for the cream by name :D

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: Oh wait DAKTARIN might be what I'm after, its distributed by Johnson & Johnson Pacific so it shouldn't be too hard to find after all, I've also found a solution to the keto cream, Daktagold Anti-Fungal Cream can be a good alternative to nizoral so it seems but the question is if I can find any of this at the local pharmacy's without to much struggle :D

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

I hadn't really though about this... but, aren't Nizoral and miconazole nitrate doing the same thing?

From wikip
While ketoconazole's [(Nizoral)] mechanism of action in hair loss is still unclear, it has been postulated that both hormones and the immune system act synergistically to cause injury to the hair follicle. Since ketoconazole effectively treats the malassezia fungus that commonly inhabits the scalp, the researchers hypothesized that it may prevent hair loss by reducing inflammation from the fungus, in addition to having a direct anti-inflammatory effect.
And I really need to start using Nizoral consistently. My head is always itchy (even after I wash it) and gets sebaceous really easily... everyday when I wake up... oh boy :roll:

(on another note, I'm glad that the forum browsing speed as greatly improved)

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Nizoral is great but it can also be a bit harsh on the hair itself and I have seen many complain about how brittle and dry it can make a persons hair.

I haven't tried this one myself but am keen, it actually is very popular, I first seen this product at a chemist they only seemed to have 1 bottle of conditioner left, I asked the pharmacist about it and was told that it was only recently introduced and despite this it has become extremely popular and thus there have been stock shortages.

The reason why I suggest this is because it doesn't contain heavy chemicals from what I can tell and reportedly is very affective against dry scalps and similar issues.

The shampoo contains no:
No Sodium Laurel Sulphate
No Coal tar
No Artificial colours or perfumes
No Petro chemicals
Not tested on animals
No mineral oils
pH balanced, Biodegradable, alkaline free, hypo-allergenic, Sulfate free.

They have a conditioner also and a cream if need be, the cream seems interesting... who knows if could have a miconazole nitrate like affect on the scalp but it is interesting.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:59 pm

if your scalp is always itchy after a wash perhaps it is a reaction to an ingredient in your s/c (shampoo and conditioner) or perhaps you are using to much heat either in the water or in the drying process, believe me it can happen.

I tried a number of things to rid myself of the itch and dry scalp, I tried Nizoral 1% and also 2% and finally I tried Selsun blue which also acted as a deep conditioner, Selsun Blue worked pretty well but I never used it constantly and went back to using my usual (at the time) chemical packed s/c and eventually the problem would return but since than I have been using the Hair More s/c and it has honestly helped a lot and will remain in my rotation as its very gentle on the hair and scalp due to its organic ingredients. I'm not advocating that you use this specific product but my suggestion is that you look at your current habbits , products and their ingredients you might actually be surprised by the results. Please note that it will not result in hair regrowth alone but I do feel every little bit counts.

Yep I was having a few issues with the site also but they seem resolved now. :)

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Update...

While I cannot claim the "inch of growth per week from using miconazole nitrate" that I have seen on numerous other sites I can definitely see some very significant improvement. I'm just over two weeks into using the Equate (Wal-Mart) equivalent of Monistat and even in spots which were "chrome dome" spots prior to adding Miconazole, there is growth with a stubble-like consistency that you might feel say a day or so after shaving your face. There is no color to the hair on those spots yet but it feels as I said like second-day shaving stubble. I am hoping, within a month or so to begin a process of elimination in my regimen and evaluate each step of the process of elimination for approximately 2-3 weeks to see how it affects, positively, neutrally, or negatively, my hair growth.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Charlie, that's very encouraging to hear. Thanks for sharing and good luck with further growth!

Justin.

olby
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: finasteride 2 years
nizoral 1 year

Post by olby » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 pm

hey fizzball, not sure if anyones replied to you yet, but i thought i'd let you know of what i've found for miconazole cream in australia.
can only find 2 brands, daktarin and one called ego resolve. i'd never heard of miconazole until i stumbled onto this forum today, so haven't used either. i'm going to buy the ego one for myself though, as it seems to contain less unnecessary ingredients.

anyway it comes in shampoo, and a cream (a powder too but that seems pretty useless for the scalp). not sure if i'm allowed to post the site i found it on (ie spam restrictions) but should be found fairly easily with google.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks for the reply olby, I actually went to the chemist yesterday and bought both Nizoral 2% (keto) and Daktarin before I seen this post but thanks anyway, I'll look into Ego resolve in the future if all goes well.
When I went to the chemist I did notice that they also had Daktarin in a lotion form which in retrospect would have probably been a better option application wise but I plan to do a spot test and examine the changes and results with this cream to see if there is any universal truth to this entire 'Miconazole Nitrate' chapter in the great big hair loss world.

Miconazole Nitrate has become all the rage lately amongst the hair loss community and hair growth community alike, there are a lot of women raving about its ability to allow hair grow longer quicker and to me that just translates as a good way to coax those hairs that are miniaturising or aren't terminal.

I used to use Nizoral 2% religiously as a shampoo (well not daily but...) and make a premix of Nizoral 2% and water in a pump spray and us it as a sort of hair hydration and scalp cleanser of sorts daily but obviously it didn't do much but I still believe Nizoral must have some merit as it is part of the big three and has been tested by various sources and people over the years however it wasn't until recently that I sort to attain the cream which seems to have a better impact from what I have seen on the net.

I'm not whole heartedly expecting a miracle full head of hair but part of me wants to find something that will work for me to get some positive results at least until something more sustainable appears on the market that won't require constant daily applications.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

@Fizzball
About a possible allergic reaction, well I really don't know, but since I can remember I've always had an itchy and greasy scalp with dandruff, even when I had a head full of hair. And I've used a lot of shampoos during my life time.
I guess I'll also have to look into the Nizoral cream.
I was just googling and found this about ketoconazole and Nizoral. And at the end it says "Other medicines containing the same active ingredient" where it mentions Daktarin.

So both ketoconazole and miconazole nitrate attack the same problem. But since they are chemically different this may (or not) cause some synergies.

How significant can be the differences between the difference miconazole nitrate products out there?
From the success stories on the internet did any product stand out?

@Charlie Bradley
Any chance of you taking pictures?
Did/does your scalp suffer from: itchiness, dandruff, sebaceous?

I have no idea on the number of success and failure cases. But it makes me wonder if one can predict the outcome while considering his scalp health and characteristics.

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

@Charlie Bradley
Any chance of you taking pictures?
Did/does your scalp suffer from: itchiness, dandruff, sebaceous?

I have no idea on the number of success and failure cases. But it makes me wonder if one can predict the outcome while considering his scalp health and characteristics.
Yes I can post some pics that I have taken over the last week. I will do it tomorrow....I just got out of the shower and washed and treated my hair and it isn't dried yet.

my thin spots are now starting to take on a shape resembling the McDonald's golden arches, Some spots are more thin than others but I can feel some definite scalp stubble in every spot where I've been applying the Wal-Mart brand of Monistat for for nearly three weeks....I will post some pics with my hair brushed backwards and with it brushed frontward the way I used to wear it back before I started losing.

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 pm

I will also add further that I added Nizoral shampoo a year or so ago with no noticeable results. I too am puzzled by the difference betweenKetoand miconazole. From my experience, Miconazole does seem to be working--

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Every time I try to post images of my growth I get a status that the image is invalid. ? I have several images that I took over the past several days and today to show my growth

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:23 am

Charlie Bradley wrote:Every time I try to post images of my growth I get a status that the image is invalid. ? I have several images that I took over the past several days and today to show my growth
Are you posting a link or uploading the picture here?

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Trying to upload here. I really want people to see my results....Miconazole nitrate seems to be working very well for me !!! I am kicking my butt for not trying it sooner although I read about it two or three years ago!

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 pm

i dont mean to be rude, but how much difference can there be after 3 weeks. you say theres non pigmented stubble indicating these hairs have come though at least a little bit, perhaps a fraction of a millimetre, when u add this to the feww millimetres of growth that occurs from the root to the skin, surely it must take longer than 3 weeks, and thats assuming it started to grow the day u applied it.

most things seem to need a few months to effect the hair growth cycle, then time either for hair to shed, and regrow, or new hairs to regrow from root to scalp, then outwards.

i hope it works for you, but anyone that thinks they can see a difference in photos after 3 weeks apart from variation of the cuticle, which may result in cosmetic thickening, is kidding themselves.

i'd much rather you took pictures now, tried it for 6 months, took more pics, then came back to show us the pics , and your conclusion.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm

by the way im not suuggesting ur lying, or have alterior motives, just that ur being fooled by everyday variances in hair conditions, or perhaps ur for the first time noticing shrunken miniturized hairs on theyre way out.

i know i used to think miniturized hairs were actually new ones. after a few years u soon realise they r not.

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 am

Anxious you assume too much. I have pictures of me which were taken during the Holidays of 2010--Christmas and New Years Eve night specifically and I've been taking at least one--usually two--pics each day since last week assessing the results from immediately before and daily since I started using Miconazole. While I know that the hair must go through the cycle of growth, I cannot help but be optimistic of the results based on the stubble I'm seeing. If you have concerns, which you obviously do, about whether or not Miconazole will work, then I would suggest you pick up a tube from Wal-Mart and try for your self.

I also think that other components of my regimen were working below the surface but the Miconazole seems to have added that extra helpfulness I needed. Yes I know three weeks is perceptively too early to think of getting one's hair back, however, one time several years go some of the younger generation of men in my family--my brothers, two of my cousins, and myself--went through this phase of shaving our heads. We looked like something that resembled Mr Clean I looked HIDEOUS...I'm talking cue ball here. This was in March of the year I believe it was 1999 and by the time I graduated high school in May of that year all of my hair had grown back in, it was short and spikey but it was all back in.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 am

Charlie Bradley wrote:Trying to upload here. I really want people to see my results....Miconazole nitrate seems to be working very well for me !!! I am kicking my butt for not trying it sooner although I read about it two or three years ago!
You could try uploading them on Photobucket.com or a similar website..then just posting the links here. Otherwise you can email them to me..if you'd like. PM me for the latter 8)

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 am

Jacob I am uploading to Flikr now I will post the link as soon as the photos (20 or so) finish loading.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 pm

I don't want to be annoying or anything, but are those older pics from 2010 Christmas holidays also included in those 20 or pics you're uploading?
That would be really nice for comparing things.

And I think it's great that you're taking pics on a regular basis. I think once a week is fine, but considering you're seeing this quick growth, more often won't go to waste.

But Anxious1 did raise some valid points about the hair cycle. Maybe this growth isn't related to Miconazole Nitrate, but to something else that you incorporated in your treatment months ago and has now started to kick in. Can you recall what changes did you made to your regimen during this last year?

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 pm

the only change I've made to my regimen in the past three years was the Miconazole. I have uploaded the pics from since I began using the Miconazole to Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/58841015@N03/

I am trying to find the pics I was referring to from the Holidays to upload to Flickr but the pics on Flickr now show the results I am speaking of.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks for the pictures Charlie!
It's pretty hard for us to tell to be honest from those pictures but if you say there is something happening then you would know :)

I have a few suggestions though for your next round of pictures.

- Try to take your pictures under the same lighting conditions.
- Don't use direct flash because it will only make it more difficult to see fine detail hairs and regrowth.
- Sit and pose at similar positions, I know its difficult but maybe draw a spot on a sheet of paper and stick it on your wall at a strategic position so you can look at it at each photo shoot and focus on that, theoretically this should help keep a consistent pose.
- Try to take pictures in batches of week1, month1 etc.
- If you have a tripod set it up at the same height and distance at all times.

I look forward to seeing some before pictures though despite the variations.

thanks for posting once again Charlie. :)

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:58 pm

I make Fizzball's words my own.

I can see some short hairs on your head but it's hard to tell what was already there and what has just recently appeared.
If you can find and upload the old pics that would be great.

Like Fizzball said, if it seems to be working for you, then keep at it. And try to document your progress.

If anyone is aware of photographed progress using this product, please point me to it.

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Questions, questions, questions....

How much of this are you using per "treatment" and how often are you guys using it??

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm using a finger length twice a day. Squeeze the tube down the length of the pointer finger then outline the areas where you need to use the miconazole creme. after you outline the areas use the pads of the pointer finger to massage it into the scalp as if you were spreading mayo on a sandwich.

Charlie Bradley
Regular Poster
Nioxin vitamins,
Nizoral
Neutrogena TGel

Post by Charlie Bradley » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:56 pm

I think I will be posting my pics once a month. That will give me time to evaluate the effectiveness of MN on a daily basis while at the same time keeping you guys updated with enough frequency to show you how hopeful the results can be. I would also be interested in seeing how many of you will be beginning to try MN sometime within the near future.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 am

Ive been using the Mico each night for about 3 weeks now and I swear that my vellous hairs in the temple region (moreso on my left side) are getting longer. They've been dormant and tiny for so many years that this must be only due to the Mico. I'm keeping an eye on it all though, hope I'm not deluding myself.

Justin.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 am

Are you using the same brand as Charlie?

Are you taking pics to monitor your progress?
If you could take pics every week, you could make an assessment in 2 or 3 months from now... and post them here too :)