New Product: RevitaLash Hair Conditioner, very interesting!!!

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:43 am

Made by Athena Cosmetics, and is fairly new. Here some links of info

RevitaLash is launching hair thickener

New Launch: Hair by Revitalash

Reviewed and Recommended: Hair by Revitalash

some info on prostaglandin analogues and hair growth that was done before revitalash for topical was released:

Prostaglandin analogs for hair growth: Great expectations Ronni Wolf MD1, Hagit Matz MD1,2, Miriam Zalish3, Ayala Pollack MD3, Edith Orion MD1 Dermatology Online Journal 9(3): 7

1. The Dermatology Unit, Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot 2. The Department of Dermatology, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel-Aviv 3. The Department of Ophthalmology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot, Israel. wolf_r@netvision.net.il

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract Latanoprost, a prostaglandin analog, has been reported to stimulate eyelash growth in patients using it in eye preparations for glaucoma and body and scalp hair growth when used topically in various animal models. Will prostaglandin analogs be the next agents used for forms of alopecia?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortly after the introduction of a prostaglandin analog, latanoprost (Xalatan®), as an intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering drug for use in patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension, the stimulating effect of this drug on eyebrow and eyelash hair growth and pigmentation was reported in an ophthalmology journal. [1] As when minoxidil appeared, physicians, researchers, pharmaceutical companies, and hair-challenged lay people the world over built up hopes that lightning had struck again and that latanoprost's hair-growing capabilities would be useful for treatment of baldness. Perhaps a family of similar chemicals would become new, effective hair-promoting drugs. Latanoprost is familiar to ophthalmologists colleagues because of its utility for the treatment of glaucoma, but dermatologists lag behind in understanding the effects of this new class of drugs. This paper is an update on this hot topic.

Clinical and observational studies Latanoprost was first documented as a hair-growth stimulant by Johnstone in 1997. [1] Aware of this nonocular effect of the drug, he looked for evidence of hypertrichosis and pigmentation of eyelashes among 43 patients who were using unilateral topical latanoprost for glaucoma. Hypertrichosis was evaluated in the ipsilateral terminal and regional intermediate hairs of the upper and lower eyelids as well as vellus hair of the lower eyelid skin. There was a mean increase in lash length of the lower eyelid of 19.5 percent in the latanoprost-treated eye (range, 0%-36%). The two patients who had no measurable eyelash-length change exhibited an increase in the number of eyelashes. Differences in hair appearance between the latanoprost-treated eye and the nontreated control eye included increased number, length, thickness, curvature, and pigmentation.

Several additional case reports of hypertrichosis and darkening of eyelashes in patients treated with latanoprost have appeared. [2, 3, 4, 5, 6]. A representative case involved a 53-year-old woman who suffered from glaucoma and total loss of the eyelashes in both her eyes as well as diffuse scalp hair thinning after an allergic response to ibuprofen. She experienced a regrowth of all her eyelashes after 2 months of treatment with latanoprost.

Several subsequent studies that aimed to evaluate the effect of prostaglandin analogs on IOP also mention the side-effects of hypertrichosis and increased pigmentation of eyelashes. [7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14]. In one study, changes in eyelash characteristics, including length, thickness, density, and color, were recorded in as many as 57 percent of treated patients. [13]

Three recent controlled studies that were specifically designed to evaluate quantitatively the apparent eyelash-lengthening effect of latanoprost yielded contradictory results. In one of them, seventeen patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension were treated with latanoprost in one eye. [15] The mean eyelash length for the treated eye was 5.8 mm at baseline, 6.5 mm at 2 weeks, 6.5 mm at 6 weeks, and 6.6 mm at 10 weeks. The corresponding differences for the untreated eyes were nonsignificant (5.7 mm, 5.8 mm, 5.9 mm, and 5.6 mm, respectively). The authors' conclusion was that latanoprost significantly increases eyelash length. In a modest prospective study of seven patients treated with latanoprost for a minimum of 5 months, lash length was assessed using a digital imaging technique. [16] Only one patient showed longer lashes, and there were thicker lashes in ten of the fourteen examined eyes. In the third analysis, 44 patients affected by IOP were divided into two groups, one treated with latanoprost and the other with timolol (control group).[17] Although the latanoprost-treated patients showed a slight tendency toward an increase in eyelash length (mean of 0.2 mm) at the 6-month checkup, this effect was not statistically significant; it was aesthetically evident in only 7 percent of the treated subjects.

Finally, even the most ardent supporters of the hair-growth potential of PG analogs would probably agree that the results of Johnstone's study, [18] presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology in 1998 were very unexpected and simply too good to be true. In reviewing the records and photographs of 89 glaucoma patients with hypertrichosis following unilateral treatment with topical latanoprost, he found five patients who had been treated for only a brief interval (less than 3 weeks) who showed increased number, length, thickness, and pigmentation of lashes similar to others who had undergone sustained treatment. Furthermore, these changes persisted in varying degrees for up to 14 months, the duration of the followup interval.

Experimental studies Perhaps the most relevant study on the effect of latanoprost on scalp hair growth is the one by Uno et al. who used a macaque model of androgenetic alopecia. [19] The results of this well-controlled study (8 monkeys, 4 treated and 4 serving as controls) showed that treatment with 50 mcg/ml latanoprost daily over 5 months caused minimal hair growth, whereas 500 mcg/ml daily over 3 months induced moderate-to-marked hair regrowth. A 5-10 percent rate of conversion of vellus hairs to intermediary or terminal hairs was observed. The vehicle group showed no effect. Stjernschantz found a significant hypertrichotic effect of a selective prostanoid receptor agonist (fluprostenol) on hair growth as determined by measuring the rate of the regrowth of fur in adult male CBA-J mice.[20]

Speculating that activation of prostaglandin-H synthase (PGHS)-1 might be the mechanism by which minoxidil stimulates hair growth in vivo, Michelet et al. demonstrated that minoxidil is indeed a potent activator of purified PGHS-1, by assaying oxygen consumption and prostaglandin (PG)E2 production.[21] This activation was also evidenced by increased PGE2 production by BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts and by human dermal papilla fibroblasts in culture. These findings suggest that the mechanism behind the hair-growth-stimulating effect of minoxidil is stimulation of PGE2 synthesis. If this conclusion were the case, it would stand to reason that other, more specific, PG activators (PG analogs) might show even better results.

Several studies performed before the introduction of prostaglandin analogs for the treatment of IOP showed that both systemic and topical application of PGE2 resulted in a significant degree of protection against radiation-, [22, 23, 24] or doxorubicin-induced [23] alopecia.

In a more recent study, prostaglandin receptor (EP)3 and EP4 mRNA were expressed in the dermal papilla cells and the outer-root-sheath cells located in the hair bulb region, respectively, in 3-week-old mouse dorsal skin (in the anagen phase). [25] In 8-week hair follicles (in the telogen phase), the signals for both EP3 and EP4 mRNA had disappeared. On days 8 and 12 after depilation, EP3 and EP4 mRNA were reexpressed, and induction of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 mRNA was also observed, suggesting that PG receptors are involved in the development and regrowth of the hair follicles. [25]

Two studies [26, 27] using transgenic mice with overexpression of COX-2 in the skin showed directly contradictory results. Transgenic mice under the control of a bovine keratin 5 (K5) promoter[26] and human keratin 14 promoter[27] and overexpressing COX-2 in both the basal cells of the interfollicular epidermis and the pilosebaceous unit, exhibited reduced hair-follicle density and delayed postnatal hair follicle morphogenesis compared with wild-type animals. Administration of a specific COX-2 inhibitor (in one experiment [27]) restored hair growth, indicating that the alopecia was attributable to elevated COX-2 enzymatic activity.

Our prediction for the future Although "it's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" (Yogi Berra of baseball fame), and although physicians and scientists find it hazardous to peer into a crystal ball, we are game to accept the challenge.

Even though scalp hair follicles and eyelash follicles are not identical, and one cannot simply extrapolate from a drug's effect on one type of hair to another, we believe that a powerful hair stimulant that acts on one type of hair should act on other types as well. Several of the above-mentioned experimental studies support the stimulating effects of PG analogs on hairs other than eyelashes (i.e., scalp hair and body fur). Furthermore, if the proposed mechanism of minoxidil action is indeed through its stimulating effect of PGE2 synthesis, then one should ask why we need to stimulate the synthesis of PG if we can use it directly? Minoxidil (which has been used by women to thicken their eyelashes and to treat alopecia areata of this area) showed inferior results on eyelash growth than those described for latanoprost. Minoxidil and finasteride must be used continuously to sustain results, and, once discontinued, the natural balding process resumes. PG analogs have a much more powerful and longer-lasting effect.[18]

Although we do not think that PG analogs are likely to emerge as the panacea for androgenetic alopecia, we strongly believe that they are excellent candidates to become the first drugs of choice for this affliction by achieving greater therapeutic success than other currently available preparations. Because it is highly unlikely that dermatologists encounter the effect of eyedrops on eyelash growth, and because most of the relevant literature appears in ophthalmological journals, most dermatologists know all too little about the promising effects of these new drugs. We hope that this attempt to enlighten our colleagues about these findings stimulates new lines of investigation that will reliably stimulate new and lasting hair growth.

I'm interested in its hair thickening abilities. It is expensive but I'm sure you can find it cheaper and if it is a great hair thickener maybe even the best hair thickener then the price maybe worth it. What do you think?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: New Product: RevitaLash Hair Conditioner, very interesting!!!

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:51 am

I dunno..but here's a thread on it:

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... =1&t=23130

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:11 am

:-" Had to bring it back to a thread made by you... lol

Well here is a new thread revitalash hair thread

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

Trich it will be interesting to see if it can be good for hair thinning or loss, please keep us posted. I call around and found a salon that were using it and they told me that their clients exerienced peach fuzz on a bald scalp so it might even have regrowth properties but the maintaining part seams more concievable.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

\:D/

I think this is the product that one guy(a salon owner I think) over at Regrowth was going to see if he could get it cheaper for us.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Jacob wrote:\:D/

I think this is the product that one guy(a salon owner I think) over at Regrowth was going to see if he could get it cheaper for us.
I think you can get it cheapest over on ebay, I saw one go for 102$ which is still pretty expensive but it supposedly last 3 months which is nice.
intricate1 wrote:Trich it will be interesting to see if it can be good for hair thinning or loss, please keep us posted. I call around and found a salon that were using it and they told me that their clients exerienced peach fuzz on a bald scalp so it might even have regrowth properties but the maintaining part seams more concievable.
Sounds cool, I'm really interested in thickening so when I do get on finasteride, fin wont knock out all my hairs that are week because they will be strong.

Here is another little study from Investigative Dermatology

"Bimatoprost, a prostaglandin analog (PGF2?) for open-angle glaucoma, may have future use to treat androgenetic alopecia MN Nguyen,1 C Chiang,2 TR Hata1 and AR Shirazi1 1 Dermatology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA and 2 Dermatology, UCSF, San Francisco, CA

Androgenetic alopecia is a very distressing condition in patients which cause significant emotional turmoil and low self-esteem. Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%, a prostaglandin analog (PGF2?), is an effective and widely used medication in the treatment of open-angle glaucoma (Lumigan®) and has recently been FDA approved for lash lengthening and thickening (Latisse®). This single-center, 12 month proof of concept trial is the first human study to determine whether
bimatoprost causes a pharmacological effect in stimulating hair growth, density, and thickening.

This was a single-blinded, placebo controlled study of 21 subjects (13 men, 7 women) with androgenetic alopecia. Subjects were randomly assigned into three groups: placebo (vehicle alone), low dose therapy (0.2cc applied twice daily), and high dose therapy (0.4cc applied twice daily). Hair density was calculated using Mirror Imaging Software© from Canfield Scientifictm. At the 12 month endpoint, the high dose group showed a nonsignificant (p=.15) increase in hair density of 18.5%.
The low dose group demonstrated a significant (p=.02) increase of 18.8%. Of note, the placebo group showed a nonsignificant (p=.86) increase of only 1.1%. Subjects reported subjective hair thickness and length on a 7 point scale; There was no significant change in subjective scoring at 12 months. This proof of concept trial suggests that further research is warranted for bimatoprost as a possible new treatment for androgenetic alopecia."

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Here is a article from truthinageing showing that theres not much of a difference in eyelash and hair on head. Click Here

and here is some results on growth eyelashes

Offcourse there is more picture of results on eyelashes but I didn't feel like posting them.
Last edited by Trichotillmania on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 pm

'And here is the results on the head from the company for RevitaLash Hair Conditioner

Its funny in the second set of the same lady the scalp/hair is obviously photoshop to look fuller which is silly since it already looked good from the sopposdly original picture.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Really sounds like you're convincing yourself to try the Revitalash conditioner Trichotillmania. I think the science behind it has already been established. The pharmaceutical used has already proven itself to treat glaucoma and as a side effect grow eye lashes and scalp hair as well. I think you should try this and keep this thread going by keeping us posted with your progress. I myself will consider trying this if A&G Hair Complex doesn't work out for me.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Here is some more pictures but from another person trying the product.

Before using Hair by RevitaLash
ImageAfter 4 weeks using Hair by Revitalash

Here is her Julie A
Last edited by Trichotillmania on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:24 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Really sounds like you're convincing yourself to try the Revitalash conditioner Trichotillmania. I think the science behind it has already been established. The pharmaceutical used has already proven itself to treat glaucoma and as a side effect grow eye lashes and scalp hair as well. I think you should try this and keep this thread going by keeping us posted with your progress. I myself will consider trying this if A&G Hair Complex doesn't work out for me.
Thanks for spelling my name correctly,.. Yeah well I'm doing my research. I would love to try A&G but it is more expensive and Revitalash has more proven results from people. I'm really looking for a thickener and that's how I stumbled across this.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 am

Wow those are some quality results, and in 4 weeks no less!

Please keep us updated on your progress with this Tricho, I will definitely get it if you have similar results to that woman.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:49 am

Any pictures of men using it? (mpb?)

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am

Great question Jacob, I was beginning to say that if their product was so great why not hit up the market that could really use it. Millions of people in just this country alone are afflicted with MPB. Millions more I'm certain are suffering the same issue the world over. If RevitaLash has a product geared to women then surely they have men in mind as well and pictures to prove it.

Dr. Michael Brinkenoff, founder of RevitaLash is losing ground as far as hairloss is concerned. Evidence of this from the picture of him and his wife is posted on the website. It always raises question when scientists, medically licensed individuals, entrepreneurs, etc. endorse and tout a hair loss product and they themselves are follicle challenged. Just take a look a Dr. Louis Pickart, a 72 yr old completely bald guy with a background and degree in biochemistry that came up with Folligen. This copper peptide technology that Dr. Pickart researched and patented has been around for a while yet no pictures exist of whether it works or not. When I asked him via email if his product worked then why he himself was bald, the response was that he hasn't used the product as he doesn't see a need to regrow his own hair. I'm sorry but I thought that was the lamest excuse anyone could give to a product they themselves are promoting. I understand that the guy may be from a different era but it's totally snake oil to me when the spokesman is endorsing the product and they themselves cannot replicate hair regrowth on themselves. If I were Dr. Louis Pickart I would bathe myself in copper peptides each and every day. I would rub that stuff all up and down my crown, crotch, toe jam, etc. On a final note, copper peptides do effectively what GF's claim to do according to Dr. Pickart.

RevitaLash Story and founder's picture link below:

http://www.revitalash.com/the-story

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:04 am

It is my understanding that Allergan, the big drug company based in Irvine, CA just like A&G Skinsolutions, is already in development of a product to compliment their cosmetic blockbuster Latisse product which is known to grow thicker, longer eye lashes. Latisse can only be purchased with a doctor's prescription due to possible sides such as darkening the skin and possibly altering the iris of the eye to name a few. Bimopatrost is the generic name for the drug Lumigan and the active ingredient used in Latisse as well as RevitaLash. I have been seeing several Latisse tv commercials featuring Brooke Shields. She's the paid spokesmodel who I'm sure is likely being used in print, although I have yet to see it as I don't read the women magazines.

Anyway, here are the possible drug issues brought on by Lumigan and likely the reason why the FDA will not allow it to be sold without a script. As a side note, Allergan is the drug company behind such products as Clinique Medical, Prevage, Vivite, and M.D. Forte. Most of these products can be sourced through department stores, esthetician and derm offices, as well as through online retail channels.

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/lumigan.html

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 am

Trichotillmania - if you do decide to purchase RevitaLash Hair Conditioner then I might suggest you follow this application protocol.

First laser for 10 minutes, then dermaroll or dermastamp, then apply the RevitaLash Hair conditioner and then laser once again for another 5 minutes. I think this will provide you the quickest most effective way to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. This is just my opinion and likely something I'd adopt if I ever get around to trying the RevitaLash product. If only it was a one time application then I'd most assuredly give it a try today. I think I'll wait until I get undeniably thick and long hair regrowth from A&G. Either way, I'm more than likely going to give this product a try as I want to have the thickest hair I can possibly get naturally or unnaturally. It doesn't make a difference to me how I achieve this goal... lol

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:41 am

Jacob wrote:Any pictures of men using it? (mpb?)
Here is direct pics from the site, same pics above but its in better positions and the one on bottom is a male, actuall, im not sure whate gender that person is lol, I had to comeback and fix this post after look at the pics

hairikrishna wrote:Great question Jacob, I was beginning to say that if their product was so great why not hit up the market that could really use it. Millions of people in just this country alone are afflicted with MPB. Millions more I'm certain are suffering the same issue the world over. If RevitaLash has a product geared to women then surely they have men in mind as well and pictures to prove it.

Dr. Michael Brinkenoff, founder of RevitaLash is losing ground as far as hairloss is concerned. Evidence of this from the picture of him and his wife is posted on the website. It always raises question when scientists, medically licensed individuals, entrepreneurs, etc. endorse and tout a hair loss product and they themselves are follicle challenged. Just take a look a Dr. Louis Pickart, a 72 yr old completely bald guy with a background and degree in biochemistry that came up with Folligen. This copper peptide technology that Dr. Pickart researched and patented has been around for a while yet no pictures exist of whether it works or not. When I asked him via email if his product worked then why he himself was bald, the response was that he hasn't used the product as he doesn't see a need to regrow his own hair. I'm sorry but I thought that was the lamest excuse anyone could give to a product they themselves are promoting. I understand that the guy may be from a different era but it's totally snake oil to me when the spokesman is endorsing the product and they themselves cannot replicate hair regrowth on themselves. If I were Dr. Louis Pickart I would bathe myself in copper peptides each and every day. I would rub that stuff all up and down my crown, crotch, toe jam, etc. On a final note, copper peptides do effectively what GF's claim to do according to Dr. Pickart.

RevitaLash Story and founder's picture link below:

http://www.revitalash.com/the-story
I wouldn't go so far as to say that because the makers don't use it or don't have great results means their product is snake oil. That's like saying the guy who invented the weight belt should have an amazing verticle or something. Dr. Pickert was probably fairly bald he was probably bald by the time he was 35. So him being now 72 wouldn't breach to well of a regrowth now would it. So, he does come up with a product but it wont work for him, and you asks why doesn't it work for him, he doesn't wanna say it wont work for him because he has been balding for awile, because then he wont be able to sell to older or strong baldies. So he says he doesn't feel the need to use it and rightfully which is a smart answers. The only thing that photo proves of the revitalash owner and his wife is that he likes dark skin lol.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Point well taken. I have to admit though I am bit curious what this opthomologist is using as his main ingredient in the formula especially if it isn't Lumigan. So have you decided yet to give it a try yet? If so, don't forget to take before and after pics.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:10 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Trichotillmania - if you do decide to purchase RevitaLash Hair Conditioner then I might suggest you follow this application protocol.

First laser for 10 minutes, then dermaroll or dermastamp, then apply the RevitaLash Hair conditioner and then laser once again for another 5 minutes. I think this will provide you the quickest most effective way to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. This is just my opinion and likely something I'd adopt if I ever get around to trying the RevitaLash product. If only it was a one time application then I'd most assuredly give it a try today. I think I'll wait until I get undeniably thick and long hair regrowth from A&G. Either way, I'm more than likely going to give this product a try as I want to have the thickest hair I can possibly get naturally or unnaturally. It doesn't make a difference to me how I achieve this goal... lol
Everything works better with lasers lol.... idk where to get a cheap one, mite look into it I heard/seen you could just get a laser pointer and slowly move it around your head for ten or fifteen minutes and get the same results. The dermaroller I'm not positive it is necessary, I mean.... both and alot of this stuff isn't necessary its just kinda extra, alot of people have had fantastic results from the basics. But yeah I'll be sure to look into it and decide if I got the gwap for the extra stuff.

I'm hoping revitalash is like a toppik that last longer and stays on your head. Copper peptides is good to thicken up but I feel like there is other stuff outhere that can also help alot. Revitalash is proven to work for eyelashes with many reports from people of success and as I posted a link before that eyelash and hair on head is not really different in growth. It has proven science behind it too so its not snake oil, just wondering how well it would work is the question.

Trichotillmania
Regular Poster

Post by Trichotillmania » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Point well taken. I have to admit though I am bit curious what this opthomologist is using as his main ingredient in the formula especially if it isn't Lumigan. So have you decided yet to give it a try yet? If so, don't forget to take before and after pics.
Yes I'll be sure to take picture even if I have to use a cell phone camera. O:)

Ingredients

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Propylene Glycol, Swertia Japonica Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ethylprostenolamide, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Biotin, Panthenol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Polysrobate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Prostaglandin and is listed in the ingredients as trifluoromethyl dechloro ethylprostenolamide and although I haven’t found tests using that particular variant, there is recent research that holds out much promise for the effect of prostaglandins on hair growth in general.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Updates on this? Did anyone end up buying it?

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

It's hella expensive though what do you guys think? Imagine a whole year supply. Plus you have to remember the all have a thickening effect too so deffused thinners could just see Temp cosmetic (only) thickness without any regrowth. On that note I google mapped hair by revitalash when it first came out and some salons cane up called and one lady told me hair clients experience. Ge was nw5 and still managed to see peach fuzz but was insignificant for the price and just discontinued the treatment. I would not mind the hefty price if it stopped loss and made hair thicker so please update. I will keep you guys posted on my dermaheal

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm

here's a cheaper link but read the 1 review

http://www.vitacost.com/RevitaLash-Hair ... 3689001051

this one's a little cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TEKIWQ/ref ... B001TEKIWQ

clydro
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride (1.25mg/day & nizoral (1x/week). Just also started A&G hair serum and RevitaLash Hair Conditioner.

Post by clydro » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Any updates from anyone using this product? I finally broke down and shelled out $130 last week and started using it. I'm a diffuse thinner and I'm hoping for at least a little thicking in the front and back....

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm

clydro wrote:Any updates from anyone using this product? I finally broke down and shelled out $130 last week and started using it. I'm a diffuse thinner and I'm hoping for at least a little thicking in the front and back....
good please keep us posted, I'm using dermaheal and it has helped alot
shedding only when applying, healthier scalp, some regrowth on the temples, good combo with rogain foam. But from reading these peptides have been around for a while, good for maintaining what you have. Keep us posted please if it didn't work use dermaheal

clydro
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride (1.25mg/day & nizoral (1x/week). Just also started A&G hair serum and RevitaLash Hair Conditioner.

Post by clydro » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep everyone posted on my tratment.

clydro
Occasional Poster

Post by clydro » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, I'm at the 4th week mark using RevitaLash Hair Conditioner and nothing really to report at this time. Hair seems to be the same (thin!!!). Only time will tell.. Anyone else that is using this product have an update?

clydro
Occasional Poster

Post by clydro » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 am

Well, I'm entering my 8th week of using RevitaLash Hair Conditioner and at this point still not seeing much change. My hair may look a little healthier, but not much change in density.......

Anybody else having any luck???????

rosariorose9
Occasional Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser Messiah 2, finasteride, Polysorbate 80, Revita shampoo, Capillogain tonic

Post by rosariorose9 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:56 pm

I'm at about the two month mark as well, with nothing to report. Plan on using it for at least four months (since I bought two containers, and each one lasts about two months).

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm

ANy updates>

clydro
Occasional Poster

Post by clydro » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am

I’m nearing the 12th week and still not seeing much improvement. One bottle has lasted this long so maybe I’m not applying enough each morning. I usually pump the bottle ~1.5 times in my hand and apply the foam to the front and back of my head immediately after getting out of the shower.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 am

updates ?

doke
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:05 am

hey jacob what about the old fns serum which has been out a long time and is a damn lot cheaper,and also the msm xenna topical 183 :-$

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I just mentioned the FNS earlier today..still would like to fit it into my regimen somehow. Not sure about the Xenna topical...I did love their hair gel, which they've discontinued.

I actually haven't been using anything in the morning/daytime. FNS wouldn't work for that..but maybe that nanosomal copper peptide product..or one of those other apple stem cell containing products. Actually I think I'll start using that StimuCap containing topical, finally. Will have to read the thread later to see how it's leaving one's scalp and hair...

timallen45
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: Laser comb 3x's per week. Nizoral 1% once or twice /week. Just began Miconazole 2% yesterday 12/26/10

Post by timallen45 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

So I guess Revitalash doesn't work??

allenallen
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by allenallen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 am

The first post in this thread starts out talking about the product 'Revitalash' but then gives information about Bimatoprost... a completely different thing!

There seems to be a confusion between the Bimatoprost (a prostaglandin analog) products such as Latisse and this commercial product called "Revitalash." Revitalash does not list Bimatoprost as as ingredient. Ideally, discussions about these two completely separate products should not be on the same thread, even though they have to do with, (or claim to have to do with) eyelashes.

Read the revitalash FAQ:
"Does RevitaLash® contain a “drug” ingredient?
No. All of the ingredients in RevitaLash® are functional cosmetic ingredients that serve a cosmetic purpose."

"the ingredients are as follows: Water, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Phosphate, Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ethylprostenolamide, Cellulose Gum."

The active medication in Latisse is bimatoprost 0.03%.